“great service at front desk with maritxa” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Universal Palms Hotel

and 1 more site!
Universal Palms Hotel
Ranked #80 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
“great service at front desk with maritxa”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

she was very helpful at the desk with checking in and giving us what we needed for our room. This was exactly what I needed after going changing rooms 2 times from the last hotel Thanks again Maritxa for your help.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (375)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Every worker was very professional, patient and helpful. Maritxa made sure we were always well treated and gave us the best advice on how to enjoy our stay, both in the hotel and the city. She was a great help to us during our vacation.

• Stayed July 2014
      Cleanliness
Njivice, Croatia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

I got here without reservation and Olmide at front desk accommodated me in no time with a clean room, almost absolute silence, comfortable bed and best of all is a non smoking Hotel.
From now on this is my Hotel whether im on vacation or a business trip.

1 Thank Un2minikano
Miami Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

I live in that hotel for 2 months, the managers were so rude and the man of the house keping were the worst of the worst.. There was only one person which was polite, friendly and a very good worker and the name is Marisa, she work at the desk but she could be the manager better than the other! I give 3 stars to the hotel just because of her!

Stayed July 2014
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

I have been staying at Universal Palms for the past 5 weeks on business. Olmide & Maritza have been great they always greet me with a smile as I come and go. If i have any special request they are always trying to assist with them and make me feel as if I was home.The entire staff has been great as well. I will always recommend the Universal Palms Hotel to any of my friends and family if the are needing a place to stay..

Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
Oxon Hill, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

I apologize for not writing this review earlier , soon after my stay at UNiversal Palms in May 2014. My husband and I really enjoyed ourselves. The hotel was so clean and hospitable. Joel was very sociable and an excellent manager. He made us feel like he knew us for a long time. He made sure our stay was relaxing and memoriable. Our satisfaction was so very important to him. I would also like to acknowledge Maritza. She made sure we knew how to get around and she made us feel very welcomed also. Overall, I (we) would come back again and again and we would (have already) recommend this hotel to others. Keep up the GREAT work Joel!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Plainville, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

Universal Palms-will go again in Oct. Omayra and I just got back this morning, Stayed there 7/11 to 7/13. Somehow I found a booking and price guarantee that linked me directly to hotel's web site. It was for $67.50/night...a steal. The desk staff, Jeffery(and Maritsa/?sp) were a tremendous assets to hotel/resturant layout then getting us to Fort Lauderdale main beach just down Commercial Blvd-straight shot, 5 min from hotel including draw bridge to let a yachts thru the canal...LOL! Hotel kind of all older style 5 story, aqua.tan, but very clean. rooms were super clean and modern-very nice big flat screen, in room free wi-fi and plenty of channels.
Security during day and night very good. Adequate parking-no dings in the doors of the rental.

Then there was Renata(Fri night) at the Univ Palms Bar and Grill resturant in the lobby section. She was sooo cool, Great bartender/host, we had tasty wings, salad and cocktails. Knew how to get us to Hard Rock with exact exit number and "rights and lefts". Thank you and thanks sooo much for turning in my new Oakley "Two-Face"(Sat night) into the front desk...guess we got tipsy on the M-ritas...sweet!
"Chef John"-what a great Mahi grilled steak on my Ceasar salad, grilled to perfection and your special ceasar dressing-delicioso!. Very fair pricing for food and drinks.
We never made it into the pool but the water was crystal clear from out 4th floor balcony...lots of activity with adults and kids.
We had a problem with accessing our safe in 408, they had a maintainence man up within 10 min but unfortunately problem could not be resolved. We won't book hotels without in room safe...we forgive you-haha
See you all in Oct...

Room Tip: **Book directly through Universal Palms web site:that is the best deals over Priceline, Hotwire, etc...