“Friendly Place. Nice to ypu wallet”

Universal Palms Hotel
Ranked #89 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
San Diego, California
“Friendly Place. Nice to ypu wallet”
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

3rd time we have stayed. We love it
Clean and friendly, 20 mins to beach

Daniela at the front desk is great and a shining example of great customer service. Simply awesome

Will stay again
Thx Daniela !!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Torinto
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

I got the room rate of $60.00/night via Travel Pony.
Staff-friendly.
Lobby-nice.
Room-clean & looked like it was recently renovated (partially)
Noisy bed
Bathroom was not. Tub with rusty crack at drain.
Water pressure sucked
Pool-6/10
Train-LOUD...VERY LOUD
No breakfast served. We were told it was because they were not busy enough !!!!!

Stayed July 2014

Travelers are raving about these Fort Lauderdale hotels

Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

We spent 10 days at the hotel and it was a very good experience. The room was very comfortable and clean. The staff amazing. Ms. Maritza, Mr. Eddy and Ms.Pamela were really friendly and gave us very good advices about the place to visit.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Diana R
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I initially only was only going to stay for 3 nights because I thought I might not like the place. I spoke to Maritza on the phone prior to coming to the hotel and she assured me that she had a nice room waiting for me. I stayed in one of their suites and I was pleasantly surprised how spacious it was. 2 flat screen televisions nice kitchen and living room areas. I was very pleased. Going downstairs right now to reserve the next 4 days of my stay! Best bang for my buck!

• Stayed July 2014
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the Universal Palms very much. The staff here were truly remarkable. They were so at tentative and made sure my mother and i were always happy. Especially Marxtiza, she worked at the front desk monday through friday and no matter what my request was or any issues I had, she went above and beyond to get it done. I had a parking lot view but because I was vacationing with my mother she moved us to the poolside which was truly beautiful to see night or day. I would definitely stay in this hotel and recommend it to everyone else.

Room Tip: choose a room viewing the pool, its truly beautiful.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

I've been going to hotels for the last 25 years and this is the first one I have been to where it is an extra to have a microwave and a refrigerator in your room well it's actually not an extra because they do not have them

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Archie C
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Assistant General Manager Joel Niedle and staff ( Shawn, Maritza. Olmide and Jeff ) thank you very much for making my stay so remarkable, for being so kind, professional and going that extra mile, Words can not began to express my gratitude to Mr. Niedle
for his generosity. I was very pleased with how beautiful the hotel, pool and interior especially the lobby area was, very nice, very well-maintained and front staff was so hands-on. I highly recommend a raise for the entire staff. Mr. Niedle, thank you again for going above and beyond to accomodate me. I highly recommend this hotel to travelors visiting the beautiful Ft. Lauderdale area.

Room Tip: Rm 508 is a very nice room facing the pool area, very relaxing and fun.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo