1,473 results
All reviews universal palms hotel front desk joel housekeeper ft lauderdale tiki
Reviewed December 12, 2013

The front desk staff was very nice and helpful. Lobby was awesome with the christmas decorations. However, the room , Over looking the pool, was what I paid for. This should be a 2 star hotel and not 2 1/2. The noise of the train is loud, but tolerable to a certain degree. Room was just ok. Tub drain was clogged, missing caulk everywhere, tile floor was very dirty. My white socks are now black, Mattress was just a low end brand and it served it purpose. IF you are looking for inexpensive. stay here. If you can afford another star level up I would suggest to go elsewhere. Has outside entrance to every room. Please ask for a pool side room ( with a big smile of course ) and things will not be so loud with the train. Easy in/out with car to I95 south or north. Hotel could use some updating in rooms.

Room Tip: ASK FOR POOL SIDE ROOMS TO CUT DOWN ON TRAIN NOISE. Make sure you tell them you are a trip advisor reviewer. This will help you .
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank deweymikels
Reviewed December 10, 2013

After checking into another hotel that had roaches and dirt me and my family of 9 had no place to go and Scarred to go to another Hotel in the area. We were out of town in Flight was not leaving for 2 days. We Were Stuck, mad sad and just lost half of our money on the last hotel. We must have searched google for lease 2 hours in Universal Palm Hotel, kept popping up. We rode over to this hotel to check it out because I was not going by the picture. When we arrived the atmosphere around the hotel was peaceful. Went in side I ask the Front dest Clerk can I please see a room first. After I saw the room I Exhale because I knew the ending of my vacation was going to be Good. Hotel Clerk, Monica was the Best, she was pleasant, patient and very Caring about getting my family comfortable for the Night. The Manager also came to greet the people the was checking in. Noel another manager came out he was laughing and greeting customers telling them this is your home away from home! I felt Safe, Happy and was ready to finish my vacation!
THANK YOU, University Palm Hotel you saved our Family Vacation. See you again soon!

Room Tip: Make sure you research first. Pictures are not always right. But the Pictures for this Hotel was Exactly True, Yeah
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jekia L
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I booked the Universal Palms through Priceline. Very nice place. I booked a King room, but was given a double. Maritxa made it right and gave me a nice suite. She was very friendly and very pretty. :)

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the King Room if you have a choice. And ask for a room on the odd side of the place, it will be farther away from the train.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank BrianD607
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Everything was good,the Breakfast Buffet, the location, room service, housekeeping, and on top of that Mariza from the front desk gave us the friendliest service we've had in many years, we are looking forward to come back soon.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cesar G
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Omg, thr front desk ladies Olmide and Danielle greeted us with a smile and the friendliest service we have ever had at any hotel. We are looking forward to coming back and hopefully we will be spolied with the same service we received this and last time. They front desk aling with bartender remember us. #WOW #GREAT #SERVICE

• Stayed: December 2013