Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
$269
$231
Marriott Hotels
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $277/night.

$147
Doubletree.com
$201
$178
$127
$121
$99
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $111/night.

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$163
$145
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $167/night.

Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$179
$107
Official Site
  • Pool
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$116
Marriott Hotels
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $134/night.

Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$179
  • Pool
The Atlantic Hotel & Spa(Fort Lauderdale)
$231
$199
1,464 results
All reviewsuniversal palms hotelfront deskan upgradepool area issouth floridajoelhousekeeperftlauderdaletiki
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stayed here for the BCS national championship game. If you like wash cloths and hand towels, do not stay here. We only had 1 wash cloth the first day for 3 people in the room and none after that for our 4 night stay. They might as well not say they have breakfast. It's 2 kinds of cereal and bread. The front staff is very rude. The gentleman was rude as I went to the front to get a breakfast voucher so much so that the people behind me were commenting to me about it. Had big problems checking in and checking out. Took a long time and they had a wrong name attached to my reservation when I made the reservation straight through them...I don't know how? No one at the front desk spoke English as a first language so communication was difficult. I would not recommend staying here even though the price was the only good point about it.

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank Davis L
Reviewed January 6, 2013

This property is poorly located right next to a very busy train line with the loud horns of commuter and freight trains running down the tracks breaking your sleep and overall peace and quiet.

Although the hotel was renovated apparently in 2011, the amenities are very basic and some things did not work, such as the in-room safe, the WI FI and the TV with "premium channels" which only carries about 20 channels in all, four of which are in French and 2 or 3 in Spanish. As for the free drinks noted by others given to guests as they check in, we were never offered this. I was also disappointed to find out that our reservation did not include a buffet breakfast as I thought it did. When I saw the "buffet breakfast" for $6, which offers coffee, cereal of some kind, and some sliced white bread, I wasn't impressed at all. We proceeded to eat our meals off site.

After the first night, we put the “clean room” sign on our door handle. Due to the wind, the sign was no longer on our door. When we came back to our room it was not cleaned. My husband went to ask the front desk if it would be possible to have someone empty our garbage and get new towels. The front desk clerk wasn’t very helpful, telling him the cleaning staff had left for the day and if he wanted to empty the garbage, he could bring the bags to the dumpster at the back of the hotel.

Although the pool area was nice, the staff is mostly bilingual (French and English) and Joel at the front desk was VERY nice and helpful (he answered my emails pre-trip, and changed our room when the WI FI in our room didn’t work),

I always book my hotel reservations online. This is the first time I have been sooo disappointed with the overall stay. I cannot recommend this hotel to others, in large part to the CONSTANT train traffic, day and night. It felt like we were stuck in the movie “My cousin Vinny”.

Room Tip: If you do decide to stay here, choose a room facing the pool. Any "city view" rooms back straight onto the train tracks.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Anji_2654
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Checked in on line for 2 nights (saved 20 percent). Prices are as advertised. Room was clean, un remarkable. No microwave or fridge, but we did not expect them nor need them. The pool is heated -from what I could tell 85 - 90 degrees F. the pool area is very nice with concrete statues, palm trees, gazebos, and paving stone walks. the staff was very helpful even finding me a sewing kit to repair a suitcase that was handled rather roughly by the airline. we had a pool view - this cost few dollars extra but we were not bothered by train noise that others complained about.
the restaurant on site is the Venetian Restaurant, Italian Cuisine, the food is very good to excellent, we had the maghrita pizza and drinks one night and bruschetta, pasta via joule, chicken parmagane. Of note they do not skimp on the garlic or balsamic vinegar.

Room Tip: From other comments - I would recommend a room with a pool view. we did hear train noise occasionally but it did not bother us at all.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I made the mistake by booking through Jet Blue at the end of an airline reservation. I thought for one night how bad could it be. It was horrible. On a busy intersection with the back up against the railroad tracks. This was the definition of "seedy motel". The only thing missing were drug addicts and prostitutes, but I am sure they were there. Dirty hallways. Stains on the floors. The bed was as bad as I ever sat on. Paper thin walls. Just as bad as it gets. In all fairness, the room did appear clean and the internet worked( i used it to find another hotel). Don't be fooled by the name or price. Bad news.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Larry M
Reviewed December 28, 2012

The hotel is good, but the train is very disapointed!!
The train at 3h am is very unpleasant and noisy.
The location is good, mcdo and PFK is not to far, but the train again and again!
For the pepole speak french, is good a lot of Qc pepole!
I not recomended thi hotel because the train is very noisy and maybe 10 times a days!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family