Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
$379
Marriott Hotels
snooze(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$130
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$239
$234
$198
Hotwire.com
1,462 results
All reviewsuniversal palms hotelfront deskpool viewan upgradesouth floridajoelhousekeeperftlauderdaletiki
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Good hotel one of the best to stay close to Fort Lauderdale if your going to work and need more than 20 rooms for a good price and good clean rooms you have a nice heated pool a restaurant and if you get a suite you get a room with the king size bed in one room and you get a leaving room also so it's big and spacious and you have a big flat screen tv in each room I like it !!...

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Rmedina0313
Reviewed November 22, 2012

My experience in this hotel was really nice. The room size was moderate and comfy considering its cost. Also, the bathroom was luxurious! Many stores are nearby so it's pretty easy to go buy something if needed. Moreover, the hotel provides breakfast which really suited my taste. One con I could possibly think of is the train noise. The fronst desk managers, Fernande and Jacques, were very friendly and helpful. They let us use the microwave and gave a kind explanation as to our benefits. Overall, Universal Palms Hotel was very good, and I recommend to any people visitng Fort Lauderdale.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sujin L
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I had to change room 2 times on my arrival, as both rooms they gave me on the 4th floor had a strange motor noise coming from the bath. Finally, I was moved to 1st floor and the room was ok. Beds and mattress are old, but relatively comfortable. Air conditioning is noisy (old)! It´s an option - if you are low on budget.
There is one important point, though: The train. It passes just behind the hotel. On the weekend I was there, it did not bothered me, as I went out early and same back late every day. So, I had no problems overnight. But on Monday morning I stayed at the hotel, the train passed at least 4 times.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank PauloRJ
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Unfortunately I was delayed in Ft. Lauderdale because Hurricane Sandy. Prior to the storm, I had already made reservations at Universal Palms. The first desk Manager, Joel Niedle was excellent. He was courteous, kind, well spoken, and provided the BEST customer service. Because we arrived early (prior to check in), he escalated getting our room ready. He did everything in his power to assure we were comfortable until our room was ready. I commended him on the great customer service he was providing and provided those same positive comments to his boss, Peter. Joel is definitely a true asset to this hotel chain, and an example of how customers should be treated. My husband and I ended up staying here for five additional days and I began to feel like an employee. So much that when I retire, I plan to work at Univeral Plams Hotel 8=)

Room Tip: Because this hotel is far from quite a few things, it's best to rent a car. Taxi service is very costly from this hotel. Also,our suite was nice and sleeps four, however there is a glass door that separates the bedroom from the living room. If you have four, there is not privacy for changing,, unless you leave the room, or hand up a curtain.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank elaine1106
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Beautiful colonial style hotel placed in a perfect area, not too far from either Miami or West Palm Beach. We are a family of three who didn't quite know what to expext, until we met the front desk agent by the name of Fernande who welcome us with a beautiful smile and such professionalism that made us feel at home. We were looking for a place to eat, Fernande was very kind and patient, she did provide us with a list of a few good restaurant. We were very pleased with our stay. We liked the setting around the pool,at night it looks very relaxing.

Room Tip: rooms facing south are brighter.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family