“I loved it”

Universal Palms Hotel
Ranked #106 of 131 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed November 13, 2012

The hotel is very beautiful, in a good place. Jacques is very attentive and polite. He welcomed us kindly. I loved the hotel. The pool is wonderful, the decor is beautiful. The feeling is that we are on the beach. And there's a balcony with chairs to rest.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Cris L
Write a ReviewReviews (1,436)

Reviewed November 12, 2012

its a very nice hotel and very good attention. I recommend the hotel. very good attention in the desk depart of Jacque. and excellent price. the brake fast was good. the bathroom was clean. if I going to Forth Lauderdale again, I am going to stay in this hotel. very very good!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank LLL123abc
Reviewed November 11, 2012

First..the Service- It was excellent - they are very helpful and courteous- Value- An average price and parking was free- Sleep Quality- We normally went to bed late- the bed was comfortable and the air conditioning was excellent, great flat TV. The room and surroundings were very clean. Location- It is very central- you have immediate access to I-95 , which will take you anywhere- there is a BJs warehouse, Chillis restaurant, wal-mart very ,very close by; however the neighborhood is not good to walk about. There is a train crossing very,very close and you will its horn every time it comes by, between 7am and 11pm...it did not bother us because we went out and came back late....but for some people it might if you tend to snap during the day. I will definitely stay here again when I come back down there.

Room Tip: Google map its location- and ask for a room with view to the pool- they are away from the train cros...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jumanji1972
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed here for one night while on our honeymoon. The overall experience was very pleasant. The staff was helpful and friendly. Our room was very clean and they upgraded us to a suite and offered poolside when it became available. Joel Niedle who runs the front desk or is the manager was super friendly to us and helped us when we arrived and checked out. The reason we left early was because it was our honey moon and we wanted to bee right on the beach. That is the one thing not great is that its a ways from the beach. Other than that the pool was cool and they had a cool little bar area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Julie2244
Reviewed November 6, 2012

The service was horrific!They gave us complimentary cocktails that we could never get. We stayed at this hotel from Monday through Wednesday and when we tried to get our complimentary drinks they said they're closed Mondays and Tuesday they were open til noon. We went before noon to get the drinks and the lady said the restaurant/bar was closed and told us to go across the street to Waffle House! We went to the front desk to ask when we could get our free drinks and they couldn't even answer us! How do you not have a clue what is going on? I am NEVER staying here again and I would not recommend it! The guy at the front desk asked us how may he help us and then backed away from the desk and never answered our questions just stayed there looking around the room. When we were first checking in there was a furious lady complaining about being robbed and coming back to the hotel to an open door to her room. Be smart and choose a different place to stay. They are rip offs and thieves!

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank reguila87
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We arrived early so they had a hard time finding a room for us. They finally found one. When we checked it out we saw about an 1 inch gap under the door. We noticed that it had a connecting door also. When we checked to see if it was locked we found the the dead bolt didn't work. We asked for another room. That room was somewhat better, but then later that night we saw a large cockroach crawl across the floor. When i went to kill him he dashed back under the safe. When he thought it was clear and came back out again I was waiting for him. The free breakfast wasn't much to talk about. I have a bad back and the bed was not kind to it. If I had a chance to stay here again I think I would pass.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MrKen32065
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We were at this hotel Oct. 22-23, 2012. We were so pleasantly surprised when we stepped into our room. We were glad to see the tile floors. We have been in too many hotels that the carpet looks clean, but, when you step on it with bare feet, you can feel the grime. Since my husband has an ulcer on his foot, this was a welcome sight. The amenities were good for us, the bed comfortable and was a relaxing atmosphere. Our grandchidren enjoyed the pool very much and I found the pool area to be the best I've ever seen. It far exceeded the Embassy Suites in Tampa. As for the train...I grew up by a railroad track and I found it rather nostalgic to hear the trains go by. They did not interrupt my sleep. Jacques was very courteous and helpful and was pleased with the good customer service. At least at this hotel you get someone that can smile at you and give you a genuine "Thank You." Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a poolside room on ground floor if you want easy access to pool.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family