1,478 results
All reviews universal palms hotel front desk an upgrade south florida jeff housekeeper ft lauderdale tiki
Reviewed May 7, 2012

As working crew of the HAL, i thought to have an extra overnight in FLL just for some last minute shopping. The taxi ride over was already long cost us around $50. Upon arrival the wait was to long and when checkin-in the reservation was not there in the system. I showed them the conformation and after a shocking 30 min later we could finally go to our room. The room was okay view of the swimming pool, but the bathroom didn't seemed clean. When mentioning this to the front desk they didn't seem to care that much. There is a lot of noise in this hotel due to the fact there is a railway track right next to the hotel. The swimming pool was fine but the distances you need to travel in order to get somewhere were to much! The only really good thing was the Macdonalds next to the hotel.

I know now that it is better to pay a little bit more, then spending so much money on transportation instead of the 70 euro aka $100 dollar I payed in total around $200 dollars.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We were staying up to 2 weeks on the fifth floor the housekeeping only clean one time it was Saturday The housekeeping clean up,after then the housekeeper just threw towel in the bathroom and left. Cigarette all over ,The manager doesn't seem like to bother has no clue whatsoever .
The front desk the French lady it was nice . I don't recommend to stay in this hotel more then one night it's not safe area. This place neeeds to call hotels impossible on food network !!

Room Tip: If you only need a place to sleep and drunk then you won't hear the train noise
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DianaNY496
Reviewed May 6, 2012

We stayed 5 days in this hotel and strongly appreciate front desk service,especially Jacques, who upgraded us from a room purchased at low rate on Internet, to make sure that our stay would be the best. He gave us a service that we could expect from a Golden Key concierge of any 5 star hotel. His collegues from nite staff were very helpful when we needed their advice on restaurants and entetainment. We fully agree with other positive comments on this hotel and strongly disagree with Ajthechef. We will return to this hotel whenever we come again to FLL mainly thanks to Jacques' utmost service.
Marcel D., Canada

Room Tip: Select a romm on poolside.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I was blown away with the view of the hotel on-line. The cost per night sounded reasonable at the time, and so four of us (2 couples), decided to book the hotel for (6) nights, 4/26/12 - 5/2/12. My mind was quickly changed when I approached the hotel property. My girlfriend and her husband shared the same feelings. We felt robbed and very disappointed. The outside building was in need of rennovation, and the carpets in the bedrooms were filthy, no security in place at all, and I could go on....... Eddie Vegas, the Front-End Co-ordinator/Receptionist, did a phenominal job in getting me to stay. He gave me a grand tour of the rooms and kept a warm and hospitable persona right through the tour. I was a tough customer to please I must admit, because, my expectations for the quality rooms, and hotel property was completed disappointing, but because of Eddie, I stayed one night and left. I would recommend Eddie to any hotel especially the higher end hotels like the Wydham Resort where I eventually stayed. He is too good to be at that hotel. His services would be better appreciated at the higher end hotels.

Room Tip: Dont choose hotels by just appearance on line.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2012

First time staying in a hotel in fort lauderdale, and would do it again in a heart beat. We had a pool side room, which has an incredible view, complementary drinks for 4 guests . The rooms where spotless every night we returned, newly renovated lobby and rooms. Management was very accomidating, along with all the staff. All around great vacation for the hole family and would recommend it to everyone, especially with a budget in mind.....EH!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family