“Super value and lovely staff!”

Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale - Cypress Creek
Ranked #54 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Kerry, United Kingdom
“Super value and lovely staff!”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed here for a week in December before a Carribbean cruise. We thought the hotel was excellent value for what we paid, breakfast was delicious, particularly the fresh fruit and we really appreciated the 24 hour free tea and coffee and the amazingly free computer with internet access in the lobby. The manager we met at the front desk was super helpful, I think his name was BO, sorry if this is wrong. The location isn't great so you will need a car, but then you need a car almost everywhere in America from what I can see-we live in a small town in Ireland where you can walk everywhere from everywhere! Also, there is no restaurant on site although there is a microwave in the lobby where I saw families eating in the evenings. The rooms are on the small side from my experience of being in Florida a few times previously and our room did not have a mini fridge but theses were minor issues for us as we were treated so well you don't notice these little inconveniences so much. I am a running fanatic and the area around the hotel wasn't great for that-just traffic-so a gym is vital for me when I travel- the fitness room is compact but everything works and is spotlessly clean so I was very happy with that. Overall, we were very pleased. We have stayed at more expensive hotels with more stars and been less pleased so I really rate this hotel. Oh, and the parking was free as well. Brilliant!

Room Tip: I wouldn't like to have been on the ground floor as it seemed noisy but this is just an observat...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Pedro A, Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale - Cypress Creek, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about us. I enjoy letting our staff know that they succeeded in making your stay pleasant and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel. ** we love having you here **

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Maryland
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We stayed here during the BCS National Championship game. This hotel is located a few blocks off of I95 and is fairly easy to reach. The area around the hotel is a little questionable looking, but nothing too bad.

The hotel is located about 12 miles from the Ft Lauderdale airport. They do not offer a shuttle service to / from the airport, which was a little disappointing. This would be a good upgrade for the hotel management to consider.

Overall the hotel was clean and things were ok. Again, your standard Hampton Inn experience. The cost at this time was a little higher than normal (~$150/night), but I am sure that was due to a combination of a winter Florida timing and the BCS game being played as hotels were very full for this event. They only other surprise was the lack of a refrigerator in the room, as this is very common in most hotels. This also would be a nice upgrade and useful to many of their customers.

Room Tip: Our rooms were somewhat noisy on the right outside of the hotel. The main issue was the garbage tru...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Bo B, Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale - Cypress Creek, responded to this review, February 11, 2015
Thank you for the fantastic suggestions. We will take them into consideration as continue to improve our property amenities and guest experience. We hope to see you again soon.
alabama
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The hotel is in good repair. The rooms were clean (although not very large). The hotel staff was friendly as well.....It met my expectations for a moderate type hotel...there is a bar across the street that looks a little suspect but the area the hotel is in seemed pretty good..............................................

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Tennessee
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I stayed 8 nights - that's too many. The rooms are poorly designed for hanging and storage although clean and comfortable. Beware the swimming pool - it is cold (warm spa) and confined if anyone is smoking. It is also directly under the approach to the local airport if you like airplane noise. It is possible to hear trains too - even from your room. The hot breakfast is excellent despite only serving bacon on only one morning in eight. Security is a bit of a hassle - room key needed for everything - I'd rather take the risk. Location is not outstanding but access is not difficult. TV has limited channels - not my favorites. Internet is free and very good.
My main complaint would be that they don't have enough staff to keep the breakfast bar stocked so a wait is necessary. Nevertheless, I'd go again, but for a shorter stay and I wouldn't want to pay a lot.
My main plus is the friendliness of the staff - thanks.

Room Tip: Choose the Eastern side - away from the dumpster which they like to empty at 6.30am with much fanfar...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Clogtowner
I want first to apologize that it has taken over two years for a response to your review! Thank you for your kind words about our staff's efforts to please. Furthermore, because of guest feedback such as yours we have increased the staff on-hand during breakfast. We appreciate all feedback and hope that on your next visit to Ft Lauderdale we can host you again----even if for a short stay!
Naugatuck, Connecticut
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I am so sorry our stay had to be so brief! This is a nice, nice hotel, FAR MORE VALUE than some star places I have encountered with higher star ratings than theirs (on the internet search-and-purchase engine where located). Everything was nice and clean. I was truly surprised when this hotel came up for a 2.5 star (on the particular internet search engine), because I know the brand name when I see it, and EVERY SINGLE TIME we've stayed at this chain, ANYWHERE, we are NEVER disappointed. Way to go, Hampton Inn!

The room was spacious, bed very comfortable, room and bath very clean, ambiance quiet and inviting, lighting on premises, hallways and room, really nice, parking adequate, location ideal, and I am sorry I had to check out before breakfast time.

The check in was quick, and the lone staffer (on New Year's day) was not as bubbly as I'd have expected (she was probably a bit unwell too, I observed). That's more an observation than a complaint, since she was not unpleasant.

I would recommend this hotel and it's chain, hands down, without hesitation!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BloomingMisfit
Lititz
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Cypress Creek & loved everything about it. The property and room were clean, updated, and well kept. The breakfast was great. The staff were friendly and efficient. The pool and hot tub were also very clean. The fitness center was small but with new equipment. Its only a few miles from Lauderdale by the Sea and right next to I-95. We would definitely stay here again. Very impressed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I always try to find good properties at a good price. The price of this hotel was okay, but it is an older property in much need of a face lift. The first thing I noticed as I approached the property was that it is across the street from a run down shopping strip. Very unsightly and caused me immediate concern for safety. Since there was no room service...I went out to see what restaurants were close. Nothing safe to walk to, so I eventually found a Longhorn Steakhouse about 4 miles away. The breakfast was okay but a lower quality than most Hampton Inns. The whole area needs a face lift, not ideal for a business traveler looking for a safe, comfortable property.

Room Tip: Odd shaped property...elevator in the back. I would choose a high floor for safety and don't le...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Rob B
I apologize that it has taken over two years for us to respond to this review! Furthermore, we apologize that you found our property lacking. We are scheduled for a renovation this Spring and hope that we can host you again once it has been completed.