“Very Pleased”

Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale - Cypress Creek
Ranked #52 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We just spent 4 nights here with a group of friends with our dogs that have a yearly get-together. Our friend who lives in the area was able to secure nice group rates for us. The rooms were lovely and very clean. The bed was incredibly comfortable. Every morning there was something different at the breakfast buffet that was fresh and tasty. The staff was very accommodating to us individually and as a group. We also had the conference room for the 4 days and they were very prompt with emptying trash and vacuuming daily. We would have like a few more drawers for our clothes.

The pool is lovely and there are plenty of chairs, a few tables and nice grassy area with with flowers all around. Very pleasant area and the pool was sparkling clean.

My only complaint is that I had called 3 weeks prior to our date and asked for a refrigerator. When we got there there were none available and I found out there were only 8 in the entire hotel. We had to wait til the next day to get one and after having it plugged in all night it never got cold. So then we had to get yet another one. This is important to us. We travel extensively and most hotels offer a frig and microwave as standard in their rooms. I was surprised that a place as popular as Ft.Lauderdale does not offer this as standard.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Thelrose
Dan P, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale - Cypress Creek, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Hello Thelros,
Thank you so much for the kind words, we really appreciate it. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and was comfortable in our Cloud Nine bedding. Our staff prides themselves on delivering above and beyond service to every guest, ever day. We are currently in the process of getting microwave and refrigerators in our rooms. Thank you again and we look forward to working with you on your next trip to Ft. Lauderdale.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

We checked in on Friday night, the 13th for a 1 night stay. Perhaps this should have been a warning. The man at the front desk suggested we stay on the ground floor - he was very polite, friendly and most helpful with our needs. The room, with 2 queen size beds was SMALL with very little room to move around (especially with 2 people sharing). The bathroom was very small and the shower had hardly enough room to turn around in. Upon arrival at the room, the front door was in dire need of attention and the rug on the floor of the room dirty. However, the breakfast was great and Ms. "B" the attendant, right on the ball and being most helpful. Untll the Hampton Organization cleans up this place, I would not recommend it for a long stay, especially 2 people with 2 beds in a small room!

Room Tip: Wouild suggest you wait for the hotel to be up-dated!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank OnTheGo34534
Dan P, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale - Cypress Creek, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Hello OnTheGo34534,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. Thank you for all the kind words about our staff as we pride ourselves on delivering the best service possible. Being an early built Hampton Inn the rooms are a little smaller the some of the more recently build Hampton Inn’s. I will be discussing your cleanliness concerns with our Executive Housekeeper and Chief Engineer to ensure that these types of issues are taken care of in the future prior to the guest arrival. The property in scheduled for renovations prior to 2013 and would love to invite you back to what changes will be taking place.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Just heading home after another stay at the Hampton Inn. I have stayed here multiple times, mostly for its proximity to my Dad's retirement community. But, I gotta recommend it to anyone visiting the Lauderdale area.

This place has service down to a science! The front desk staff are friendly, helpful and kind. They work hard to accommodate every request and make your stay the best.

Free breakfast included .... And tasty, too. The pool and surrounding landscaping are consistently clean, well groomed.

If you can live without a beachfront room, drive past those other, fancier hotels up the road and consider staying at the Cypress Creek Hampton Inn.

(BTW ask for poolside room and a king sofa... These 8 rooms have a microwave and small fridge, the other rooms do not)

• Stayed: July 2012

Hello Seattlexs,

Thank you so much for your great review. The staff and I pride ourselves on delivering outstanding service to every guest every day, and we appreciate when it is recognized. You are correct about not being on the beach but only being 10 minutes away, we like to think of ourselves as the best value in Ft. Lauderdale. Thank you again and please let us know when you will be returning to visit your father.

Reviewed May 26, 2012

I stayed in the Hampton Inn for almost 20 days. My brother and myself had come from India to consult an eye doctor. The doctor recommended this hotel as it was close to his office and his patients who had stayed here too had given good feedback. And I too have only good things to say.

The staff are very friendly, happy and helpful. Everyone seemed happy to be working there. The rooms neat and clean. The pricing too is excellent. I actually got the room for as low as 80 or something $ per night as it was a long stay. Bo, at the reception is fun and freindly and helped us with everyting.

As for suggestions. The Breakfast, although good, can be a little better. And the shower head was quite slow. Every things else was very good.

Overall an excellent hotel with Friendly Staff, Clean rooms and Nice location.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Dan P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale - Cypress Creek, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment about your stay. It was our pleasure to have you here with us and we all hope that everything went well personally during your visit. I will make sure to let the staff know that you had a great stay and please do not hesitate to contact us if your needs should find you in this area in the future.

Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed May 16, 2012

I recently had a family member in hospital in Ft Lauderdale. My sister booked me a room at Cypress Creek Hampton Inn and I was pleasantly surprised. Comfortable beds, very friendly staff and great breakfast. Everything was in good order.... Just remember to ask for a room with a microwave and fridge!

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank seattlexs
Dan P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale - Cypress Creek, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us. I am very pleased to hear that we were able to make your stay comfortable and I hope that all is well with your sister. Please let us know if we can be of service again in the future.

Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed May 5, 2012

I really liked this hotel. I was greeted in a friendly, professional manner by a gentleman named Bo, and was checked in efficiently. The room was clean and well appointed, with a somewhat modern feel. The bathroom was pretty small, and counter space very limited, but I surely made do as a solo traveler. Not sure how someone who likes to sprawl would fare. The hotel was quiet (though if the splish splash of folks in the pool might trouble you, consider asking for a room on the opposite side), there was plenty of free parking, and the breakfast was solid. The price was very good, which is important, but even more important to me was the friendly staff - even the breakfast attendant and maintenance worker were a delight. I wholeheartedly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Charlie500
Dan P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale - Cypress Creek, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2012

Thank you very much for your response. I love hearing that we were able to provide great service and comfortable surroundings while a guest at our property. I will make sure to thank Bo personally for his wonderful job at check in and also let our breakfast host and maintenance department know.

We hope to see you again soon and have a wonderful day.

Dan

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I originally planned to stay just four nights but ended up staying over a week, due to a family emergency. The staff at this Hampton Inn were very accommodating both times I extended my stay. The hotel property is clean and brightly lighted at night (I returned to my room most nights after 11 pm and felt completely safe). My room was comfortable, bathroom clean with towels and drinking cups, etc replenished daily. The breakfast room is continually re-stocked, coffee hot and fresh, fresh fruit, tasty egg omelet of some sort every morning, and the ever-popular waffle machine in continual use. For me, the location was perfect. Although about two miles from the beach, I was not there for that this trip, so it didn't matter. It was right near the freeway and conveniently close to the facilities I needed to be close to: Imperial Point Medical Center and a local retirement village.

Room Tip: Ask for a south-facing room. They overlook the pool, so are on the side away from the street - not t...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Martha D
Dan P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale - Cypress Creek, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

Thank you so much for your comments. I am very pleased to hear that we were able to satisfy your needs during your extended stay and will make sure to inform my staff of there accomplishments. Please let us know if we may e of service in the future and have a wonderful day.