We chose this hotel for it's amenties, location to the beach and precruise shopping needs,
and it's proximity to the terminal. We worked at accumulating the necessary points for a reward stay, and on all counts, we were glad we booked.
The hotel is set in a lush and beautifully landscaped courtyard right on 17th Street. Less than 15 bucks for a cab ride from the airport. Inside the lobby it's spacious and alive with the sound of water and the flush of tropical plants. We stayed on the 11th floor and the balcony had a birds eye view of the cruise port and overlooked the Harbor Shops complex, just a block away.
If you're cruising, this is a great convenience. At the Publix supermarket, we picked up a 12 pack of ginger ale and some supplies we didn't want to bother trying to get through airport security. At Total Wines we got our 2 bottles of wine, and, uh...other beverage needs.
Afterward, we took a ride on the Sun Trolley down 17th Street to the beach and looped back to the hotel. You catch the Trolley at the Harbor Shops and it's a great sightseeing diversion. We planned on stopping at the beach, but it was cloudy and blustery, and didn't look like much fun.
After dinner at Bimini Boatyard, we walked into the end of the nightly Manager's reception, with free drinks and light snacks. We picked up a quick drink and settled into our room. Comfortable, quiet and clean, we felt the overall experience of the room and the hotel's location was superb. Friendly staff and a great lobby for hanging out. There is also a kiosk with 3 monitors located in the lobby with free internet access.
A fantastic buffet breakfast had us charged up for the quick trip to the terminal. Less than 10 bucks for the cab........better than the $14 charged for the hotel van.
We look forward to staying here again. A great place to start your cruise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the convenient location of the Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street hotel surrounded by shopping and dining options. This all-suite hotel is close to Fort Lauderdale attractions including Port Everglades and Fort Lauderdale Beach. Relax in a two-room suite and experience more living area, a kitchenette and work space to catch up on business. Expect a number of great amenities such as a heated outdoor pool and a modern fitness center. You can even bring the family pet. Start the day with a complimentary cooked-to-order full breakfast and savor cocktails, soft drinks and light snacks at our nightly complimentary Evening Reception (Must be legal drinking age). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels Direct, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suite Fort Lauderdale
- Embassy Suite Ft Lauderdale