“Nice place to stay”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street
Ranked #37 of 132 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed May 28, 2010

We stayed here for a week on business. The conference was at the hotel, other than the conference room being too cold, I have no complaints. The rooms are all suites, clean and comfortable, the only thing lacking was an in-room safe. The omelets at breakfast were a nice addition to the standard continental breakfast. The pool area had a great tropical feel, and the center atrium was beautiful. The staff was very professional. There were several restaurants within walking distance. We really enjoyed the Lauderdale Grill located in the shopping center behind the hotel. The beach is a quick shuttle or taxi ride away and Port Everglades is right around the corner for those boarding a cruise ship.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (3,376)

Reviewed May 21, 2010

Don and the front desk staff were incredibly accomodating. We checked out of the Comfort Suites due to the appearance and size of the room, and were checked into the Embassy Suites for only $30 more a night, but it was well worth the extra money, with the excellent rooms, nightly two hour cocktail reception, and cook-to-order breakfast. The easy transportation offered to the cruise piers and attractions could not have been any nicer.
Thank you so much for our excellent stay,
Marie & Tonya

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 24, 2010

The value option when traveling is definitely with Embassy Suites. However, I felt that this property lacked soul. I dunno. I guess I wasn't expecting it to be on such a busy street and I didn't think to expect a busload of teenagers to pretty much swarm the place. I like a hotel to feel like a destination spot and this felt more like a "stopover resort". The service is great, as usual, it's super clean but something was lacking in the "vibe", it was kind if frenetic there. The Concierge was not genteel at all.

Reviewed April 18, 2010

When I was in Fort Lauderdale for work near the Broward County Convention Center, I was scheduled to stay at the Hilton Marina. I did stay one night, yet for reasons I'll mention in that hotel's review, I decided to switch hotels. It made the difference between an awful trip and a great one.

From the moment I made my phone call inquiring about a room at the Embassy Suites to the moment I pulled away in my taxi to the airport, I was treated with respect, professionalism and friendly, responsive service. I want to give special recongnition to Geoff at the front desk for making me feel at home and welcome. Ian at the E Spot was amazing, as were Rosalee and Jessica. Even those who I didn't see more than once were friendly and helpful.

My suite was impeccably clean and comfortable. I really appreciated the sink outside the bathroom so I could get ready in more natural light. The flat screen tvs were nice to watch, especially when some colleagues and I decided to order room service and watch a movie. The work desk had plugs on top of the desk, so I didn't have to climb under to plug my laptop in. Nice touch.

I took advantage of the breakfast and the manager's reception ever night and thought that both of these additions are a great asset to the hotel. Considering the continental breakfast at the Hilton was $16, being able to grab a hot breakfast that was included in the rate was so nice.

When there was an issue with a colleague's room, management's response was over the top and conciliatory. Even though the complaint was without any merit, Rosalee went out of her way to make this guest happy. I was very impressed.

Overall, I would not only choose to stay here again, I will encourage all my friends, family and clients to stay here every time they travel to Fort Lauderdale. Considering I sell cruise vacations for a living, I hope to send many happy clients here before they set sail.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 14, 2010

I had no complaints about the property. The room was clean, breakfast as expected. Didn't hear noise from outside or the hallways. Typical Embassy Suites except huge.

The only layout difference was the bathroom is off the bedroom, instead of between the living room and bedroom. Not a problem, but different than usual.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 12, 2010

We have stayed at the Embassy Suites on 17th Street in Fort Lauderdale three times now prior to boarding a cruise. We love this hotel - actually, we love this chain. We have stayed at Embassy Suites in a number of cities, and have rarely been dissapointed. It costs a bit more dollar-wise to stay at these hotels, but the value is worth it - full breakfast, manager's cocktail party, pool (typically) location.

The FL hotel is within walking distance of restaurants, a grocery store, and shops. It is also very close to the airport and cruise port. It's not very far from the beach, either. Love it.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 2, 2010

I always love staying at Embassy Suites whenever I travel, and like most of them, this one was outstanding. Five friends and I traveled down to Fort Lauderdale by car and arrived around 1230pm on Saturday the 6th. The young lady behind the counter was extremely polite and got us checked into one of our rooms to relax after our 18 hour drive even though we were very early. We got a great room on the top floor, poolside. The hotel had a very old school floridian feel to it which was most enjoyable. The lobby was very nicely appointed and lent well to the atmosphere. The pool area was immaculate with lush vegetation and the waterfall feature. The evening manager's reception was great as was the breakfast every morning. All of the staff we encountered were very helpful and polite. We really enjoyed being at a non spring break property since we were able to spend the afternoon quietly napping by the pool not being disturbed. I would definitely stay here again if my travels bring me to the area. Love this property and it was an excellent value for the location and amenities.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank HospitalityKid
Travelers also viewed these Fort Lauderdale hotels
Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port
Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale Air...
#22 of 132 in Fort Lauderdale
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#13 of 132 in Fort Lauderdale
Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel
Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Crui...
#35 of 132 in Fort Lauderdale
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airp...
#11 of 132 in Fort Lauderdale
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina
#58 of 132 in Fort Lauderdale
Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center
Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th ...
#17 of 132 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street? Share your experiences!