Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street
snooze(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$100
$145
  • Beachfront
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$98
Marriott Hotels
$259
Marriott Hotels
  • Beachfront
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$194
$179
$139
3,481 results
All reviewsevening receptionmanagers receptionmade to order breakfastpretzelsfree happy hourpre cruisecruise portcocktail hourfree breakfasttotal winewithin walking distancesun trolleypool areahotel shuttleclose to the airportliving roomconvention center
Reviewed January 29, 2010

I booked this hotel as part of a package; I needed a hotel in FL before my cruise. It's close enough to the port that you can watch the ships come and go.

The rooms are split in two; living area and bedroom. There's a coffee/tea maker, fridge and microwave plus TWO TV's (one in each area). The well designed swimming pool (with waterfall) was heated, as was the jacuzzi. I forgot to take a picture though!

For about an hour and a half in the evening, certain drinks in the bar were free (plus a few snacks). There's a restaurant which I didn't use but took breakfast in the hotel. Slightly chaotic, you could have a long walk before you find a table.

There's some bars and restaurants (plus a supermarket) near the hotel, but once I discovered the trolley that takes you to the beach area (50 cents), that's where I decided to spend my evenings.

A very helpful concierge will arrange taxis and book tours.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed January 27, 2010

Stayed in the Embassy Suites in January and it wasn't great.

The hotel is the closest to the Port and Airport, but nowhere near anything else in Fort Lauderdale. It took me 2hrs to walk to Las Olas Blvd going in one direction and 1hr heading to Las Olas via the A1A (beach road).

Rooms were very tired and need updated.

American buffet breakfast was a complete scramble and we both fell ill on the 2nd & 3rd nights of eating there. We can't confirm that we did catch anything there, however it was the only place we both ate at.

The hotel does do a Free Bar from 5:30-7:30pm every night. Watch out for the locals using it and please remember to tip the staff at least one $ per drink.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Huskyrides
hotelmanager1100, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2010

Thank you for staying at our hotel. Our hotel is located on SE 17th Street with over 40 restaurants and shops located within 2 blocks of the hotel. See our website and our page entitled within walking distance for everything that is close to us. Fort Lauderdale itself is not a good city for walking to and from things. Las Olas Boulevard is about 1.5 miles from us and a $10 cab ride. The beach is about the same distance. The intercoastal waterway is 4 blocks aways. From the Intercoastal you can take the water taxi which will take you anywhere in the city via our beautiful waterways. Also the Sun trolley stops at our hotel Thursday through Sunday and for 50 cents will take you to Las Olas and the beach. No matter where you stay in Fort Lauderdale you pretty much have to drive if you want go to a different section of the city.
We have also instituted a renewed preventative maintenance program in February where we take out a floor a week and update the suites including painting, furniture touch up and extra cleaning. Our hotel rooms were completely renovated in 2007 and 2008. Again I appreciate your comments. Don.Friedman@hilton.com General Manager.

Reviewed January 25, 2010

Stayed here before a cruise. Suite cost after taxes/fees was $320. Dinner with so/so food and really bad service was another $50. Our bed was AWFUL. We got a king size bed that was bowed in the middle and so my wife and I were tilting towards the center of the bed. I couldn't believe it. We were all so tired we decided to deal with it rather than request another room, but I was upset. This hotel is an old hotel that was refurbished. There was nice new furniture in the room, but popcorn ceiling textures. The bathtub and shower staff were very outdated. This hotel was NOISY. The balcony door doen't close properly so car noise came through that way, on the side of the room that faces the hotel, you have lots of noise rise up through the hotel. The breakfast buffet was OK. They give you tickets for it because you supposedly pay for it, but nobody checked tickets and I assume you could just walk up and eat without paying for the buffet. Nice. The people out front pointed me to the back of the hotel when I mentioned I was told by the concierge to wait out front for my cruise shuttle. Bewildered, I walked back to the concierge and she said go out front. I told her the people out front to me to go out back. The concierge came with me out front and set the girl straight. How annoying. The cruise shuttle included with my hotel rate left on time and only took about 15 minutes to get to the pier. There is a Public grocery store just a 2 minute walk behind the hotel in a strip mall which was nice (you can walk there without having to cross any streets). Overall I was unhappy with this hotel and will not stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank WCCZip43
Reviewed January 23, 2010

We checked into this Embassy prior to taking a cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale. As a Hilton Diamond member, I used 80,000 points for this stay. Knowing they offered $5.00 per day parking for a seven day cruise, I inquired at the front desk about availability. I was informed I would be charged $13.00 per day during my hotel stay, $5.00 per day while on my cruise and $8.00 per person for transportation to the port. I told the clerk I would think about it and checked the hotel web site which did not indicate a different price for parking while staying at the hotel or a charge for transportation to the port. I checked with another clerk this morning and was informed I needed a special rate code for this "perk" and since I used points for the room, I did not qualify. WHAT IS THE POINT IN BEING A DIAMOND MEMBER AT THIS HILTON PROPERTY? Can't they accomodate their loyal Hilton members? On the plus side, the room is large and the bed is quite comfortable. This hotel is showing some age and the staff could benefit with some hospitality training (with the exception of housekeeping who are quite friendly). Everytime we asked a question, we seemed to be treated as intruders, rather than guests.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2010

Room was comfortable but beside a very busy main road which was a nightmare to try and cross. Next to a small retail park so if you want a beach dont go near this one, you'd need to get a cab. Water feature in foyer was very annoying after a while and if there was a function on the noise in your room was dreadful as the rooms face onto an internal courtyard. Free internet access was great for online check and tracking your lost luggage ! Buffet breakfast was average.

Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family