“What a beautiful hotel”

Ranked #40 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Elkhart, Indiana
“What a beautiful hotel”
Reviewed December 29, 2009

This hotel was amazing. Not only did it include free breakfast and endless cocktails, but the location was wonderful.

We were at the hotel for one night before a cruise. It was right next to a liquor store which made our lives easy for packing.

Only complaint I would have is how uncomfortable the sofa bed was. If they could fix that I would be thrilled.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (650)
South Carolina
Reviewed December 20, 2009

This property has seen better days. Rooms are getting beat up. The free drinks are nice but the free breakfast is just plan nasty. They also charge for Internet which is just plain a rip off these days when any motel gives you WiFi for free. The restaurant served up a soggy mess of a pizza. Basically, a normal Hilton Hotel product which company hopefully will soon go the way of GM as non competitive.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank resistk1
Pembroke Pines, Fl.
Reviewed December 14, 2009

My daughter had her wedding at this hotel and we stayed as guests. If you are planning a wedding in the Ft. Lauderdale area, this is the place to have it at. The food, service, and quality was outstanding! The catering/event staff were awesome. The hotel rooms are very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank mcblanco
New York
Reviewed December 13, 2009

This was our third stay at this hotel in three years and this time will be our last. The location for a pre-cruise stay is great and the included breakfast which was very nice. However, this time, the people at the check in were rude beyond belief, I would have found a robot friendlier and at least it may have looked us in the eye or made some attempt at imitating a human. Most importantly, the odor that hit us upon entering the room was so vile, I checked under the bed for a decomposing body. No other rooms were available so we opened the balcony door ( security lock on it had been removed) and exchanged the air by running the a/c on high intermittently with opening the door. I will never go back to this place. Internet was costly as well.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Esther32
hotelmanager1100, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street, responded to this review, December 18, 2009
Please accept my apologies for your stay. I have reviewed your comments with my front desk staff. We continually strive to provide great service to all our guests and I am sorry that we fell short in your case. If you would like please feel free to personally contact me so we can discuss it and I can personally check out that room. Besides our normal daily cleaning we do extra cleaning and maintenance every week on a set number of rooms so we can maintain our rooms. We charge $9.95 per day for the internet which is competitive with other local full service hotels. We do also offer room packages that include the internet which provides a discount on the internet. I can be reached at Don.Friedman@hilton.com.
cocoa
Reviewed December 2, 2009

A week ago may church group stayed at the Embassy Suite. We worked out a contract with Ali a few months before our stay. She had us set up with a low rate and made the contract to work that gave us some room to add or subtract rooms a needed. She had a guess service person Andrea assigned to us when we arrived who had our rooms ready and waiting for us. The keys where all stacked in envelops waiting for us to pick them up. Check in was a breeze. The staff was friendly and kind. The breakfast in the morning was outstanding. I had a fresh made omlette everyday. Did I mention that the breakfast was free every morning. We also enjoyed the managers special in the evening with free cocktails and many choices. The rooms were very clean with flat screen tv's that were HD. One thing that my group really liked was that there were 3 sinks and mirros in the room. Since there was 4 of us trying to get ready every morning it made our life easy. Check out was a breeze also. I would give the Embassy a 5 star rating. Did I mention that this was our second stay there and we will return again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank Baltimorebonnie
N.S.W. Australia
Reviewed November 14, 2009

Stayed here for 5 days, prior to cruise, handy to most locations, malls, Ross stores, food courts, and staff in the Concierge were so helpful, room was very comfortable, and quiet. I was on my own so was a bit worried, and everyone was so helpful. Thanks Embassy Suites.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Harrisburg, PA
Reviewed November 11, 2009

What a weekend!!!
Until our arrival I was so stressed out about this wedding I didn't think I would ever be able to unwind. Foolish me........once we met with Kimyatta Evans again, she totally took over all my duties (and concerns).

Kim is the ultimate planner, soother and business person. Without her help this perfect weekend would have never been possible. Planning a wedding from PA and NJ can be quite complicated but Kim was on top of her game everytime we spoke.

Kim was the first of 8 different banquet/wedding managers I interviewed from 8 different hotels (5 in FL alone). Once I spoke to her, I compared the rest to her professionalism, sense of humor and willingness to please. As I went down my list from hotel to hotel Kim was the bar the other hotel reps had to surpass and none did. I couldn't be happier with our choice to have Kim help our son and “daughter” have the wedding of their dreams.

The Embassy Suites staff was so accommodating to our guests that our family and friends continually sang the praises of the hotel as well.

I hope I didn't leave anything out other than to say we will always consider Kimyatta Evans a friend and we sooooo appreciate her efforts.
Deb