I live 5 miles from the hotel. I stay here 3 - 4 times a year for a night or two as a mini vacation. It's perfect! The rooms are clean, quiet and have views of the huge open air atrium on the ground floor. The on site restaurant / bar for lunch or dinner are good++. Better yet, walk to La Mezzaluna next door to the hotel on the West side. You will enjoy an amazingly excellent meal and staff rates an 11 on scale of 1-10. Dinner for two with a bottle of wine will run $ 80 - $ 100. If you want to take the price down a bit, walk across the street and two block east ... you'll find Waxy O'Conners. Waxy's is an Irish Pub with excellent Irish fair. Most of the folks are crew / yachties from the private yachts docked at Pier 66 / Port Everglades. They are the friendliest bunch of folks from all over the world. Breakfast at the hotel is good++ as long as you get there an hour before it ends. If you get there 15 minutes before they close .. don't think they are going to put out more freshly scrambled eggs, bacon, ham, toast, etc for the last party of two that comes down to partake. If you are staying more than two days, while the pool area is great (private, palm trees, koi pond, etc) .. bite the bullet and spend $ 10.00 for a taxi to the Ft. Lauderdale beach. This is the BEST hotel to stay at if you are staging for a cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale. Most of the others are either twice as expensive or have NOTHING within walking distance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the convenient location of the Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street hotel surrounded by shopping and dining options. This all-suite hotel is close to Fort Lauderdale attractions including Port Everglades and Fort Lauderdale Beach. Relax in a two-room suite and experience more living area, a kitchenette and work space to catch up on business. Expect a number of great amenities such as a heated outdoor pool and a modern fitness center. You can even bring the family pet. Start the day with a complimentary cooked-to-order full breakfast and savor cocktails, soft drinks and light snacks at our nightly complimentary Evening Reception (Must be legal drinking age). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suite Ft Lauderdale
- Embassy Suite Fort Lauderdale