Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street
Ranked #37 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I loved the Suite, the sight over the sea, the athmosphere in the patio where the breakfast bufett is ready for everybody between a Tropical Environment and between pools with splashing Waters and green growing plants all over. We had a great time bevor our cruise to Mexico etc.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,256)

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Very friendly employees and room was great! From linens to flooring to shower...clean, clean, clean. Anything that you needed was brought to you promptly. No waiting! No questions asked. Try dinner in the dining room. The ambiance was great and the service was terrific. Don't want to forget how great the food was. And the breakfast was great! What a surprise.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Arrived on Saturday AM after an all night flight with 7 year old. Dolores (front desk attendant at Honors window) was rude and non-accommodating. I had requested an early check in (Gold Honors member) only to be told check in was at 3 PM. I asked for any available room and was told nothing available. Immediately after I checked our baggage, a group of 6 were checked in. She also said she doubted anything would open up sooner as the housekeeping staff didn't come in till 10:00 AM.

I was then directed to the bell desk to store my luggage and join the throng of people in line for free breakfast. After waiting 20 minutes without moving, we left in search of a better breakfast option.

Once we arrived back at hotel from a day of deep sea fishing (around 8 PM) we were given keys to a room that had barely been cleaned. Looking forward to a nice shower, it immediately backed up. Both sinks also backed up within seconds of use. We found the room to have a foul order, dirty carpet, stained sofa, molded and crumbled bathroom coving. The mattresses are probably 10-15 years old and the pillows had no fluff.

After a wonderful dinner down the street at Carruba's, we returned to find the hotel in complete party mode. Needless to say the hotel didn't quiet down until after 3 AM. I called down numerous times only to be told there were a number of 'parties' on the property and there was nothing that could be done about the noise. At 2:30 AM, I peeked out the window to see kids running around or sitting outside their room with laptops talking, laughing and screaming at others in a similar posture. At 5:30 AM the next morning, I asked the front desk about why no security or concern for guests wanting a good night sleep and was simply told 'sorry' about that.

In conclusion, I would highly recommend NOT staying at this hotel on a Saturday evening in August if you want any chance of getting any sleep. Hilton should be ashamed to have their name associated with this frat house dump of a hotel.

Room Tip: stay down the street and a real hotel
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank 60isthenew40
hotelmanager1100, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Please accept my apologies for your experience recently at our hotel. I apologize that we could not accomodate your early check in request. We were completely sold out the night before. Check out time is noon and our housekeeping staff does not arrive until 8 am to begin for the day. We do check people in in the order that they arrive as soon as the rooms check out and are cleaned. I apologize if Delores did not explain that to you clearly. I apologize for the condition of the room. If you would like to contact me personally at Don.Friedman@hilton.com, I will be happy to discuss this further with you. I am happy to say that we are beginning renovations in two weeks which include the lobby, breakfast area, meeting rooms and new mattresses. Once again please accept my apologies and please contact me. Thank you for your feedback, as we can only make our hotel better by listening to our guests.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

This hotel has a fantastic location - as is near the Port of Fort Lauderdale, has a shopping center behind it with a few restaurants, a great pool to relax, and the great Embassy Suite Manager's Reception and free breakfast.

From the back of the hotel you can see the ships (Note: it is too far to walk with luggage, but the hotel has a shuttle company that can take you to the ship for $6 per person. The only down side if you drive to Fort Lauderdale, the parking for the week can be expensive. A shuttle from the Airport to the hotel is also NOT available.)

Room Tip: The higher the hotel floor, the quieter the room. Also request a room in the back so you can see the...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank sam13010
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I only had one proble and that was checking in. My compnay reserved the room for me and although I did not have the CC with me they had them E-mail the info. I really apprecaite the Desk staff with being so helpful and courteous while I was waiting on this info.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 5, 2013

July 2013 we held our family reunion at this location. We were extremely please in every aspect of service. Even when rained out they made provisions for us to bring the picnic indoors. We highly recommend this hotel to everyone!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

The have a great complimentary breakfast. Love the open layout of the homeland rooms. Very busy. Bring ear plugs because the main courtyard is always a buzz with happy people. . Great pool. Awesome service. Parking is $20/day. It's not a luxury resort or anything. The rooms are very high with open balconies. If you have small children ask for a lower room.

• Stayed: July 2013
Travelers also viewed these Fort Lauderdale hotels
Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale Air...
#22 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th ...
#14 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#12 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airp...
#9 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina
#57 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Central Beach
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
#17 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street? Share your experiences!