We stayed at the Embassy Suites for one pre-cruise night in December. As expected our room was not ready - this is not uncommon on a Saturday as the weekends are very busy with cruisers. We were grateful to a special valet who put our luggage in an unused room - I hesitate to mention his name for fear of getting him in trouble - believe me when I tell you these guys are great.
We had lunch at the E-Spot. While the service was great I think $16 is a lot for a burger - even at a hotel. It was just OK. My husband enjoyed a bowl of seafood chowder.
We got our room about 2:45 - not bad. We took the easy walk to Total Wine and Publix before settling in.
The 2-room suite is a very good size but I have 2 complaints. One is the sitting room portion is extremely dark and depressing. Secondly, the room smelled like Febreeze! And yes, I'm a smoker so understand why they use it - but we could actually see it! It had not been vacuumed up totally. The bedroom portion was very nice and bright and we opened the sliding glass door (to the Juliet balcony) to relieve ourselves from the Febreeze.
The public spaces in this hotel are really beautiful and the Christmas decorations were lovely. They did a nice job in this regard.
We went to the Manager's Reception for drinks and that was quite nice. We took ours outside and sat near the pool. It is a gorgeous space.
The breakfast included is really terrific. Everything from grits to cooked to order omelettes. They do a very nice job with this and no one should walk away hungry. The coffee was also good and plentiful.
The pool area is beautiful and we enjoyed watching the koi in the ponds. Unfortunately, we did not have time to swim but it sure looked inviting!
We had planned to take a cab to the port but ended up taking a shuttle with Walter. He promised we would be the only ones onboard and we were. $7 pp plus tip and we were there in minutes. Painless.
Here's my tip for the Embassy - leave before 10 AM so that you can get a valet and an elevator. After 10 everyone wants to go at the same time!
I would definitely stay here again but wish the hotel could do some updating in the rooms - the brown carpet and mustard walls need to go!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the convenient location of the Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street hotel surrounded by shopping and dining options. This all-suite hotel is close to Fort Lauderdale attractions including Port Everglades and Fort Lauderdale Beach. Relax in a two-room suite and experience more living area, a kitchenette and work space to catch up on business. Expect a number of great amenities such as a heated outdoor pool and a modern fitness center. You can even bring the family pet. Start the day with a complimentary cooked-to-order full breakfast and savor cocktails, soft drinks and light snacks at our nightly complimentary Evening Reception (Must be legal drinking age). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suite Ft Lauderdale
- Embassy Suite Fort Lauderdale