“absolutely wonderful”

Ranked #40 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
SYLMAR,CA
“absolutely wonderful”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

if your cruising out of port everglades this is the place to stay. not only is it convenient it an wonderful experience in the area. it is within walking distance of many great local restaurants defiently a great place to stay. i have stayed her multiple time and it has never disappointed

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank DAVID W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (631)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We love Embassy Suites for the great value!
The room was clean, the pool was clean. The breakfast buffet is always a plus as well as the coctail hour!!!
The beds were only double which is not good for our family but we knew this when we booked. We are used to King bed but need room for four.
Great location from beach and town.

Ventnor City, New Jersey
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We were scheduled to stay only one night, Saturday night, but when Tropical Storm Isaac delayed the start of our cruise on Allure of the Seas from Sunday to Tuesday, we were able to extend our stay another two days.

Overall, we were very happy with our stay, but there were a few notable problems. Only one of them has to do with the physical facility, the rest were minor problems with service that I don't think are things that happen on a regular basis. For example, we were checked into a partially uncleaned room. When we called the front desk about it, they sent someone up a few minutes later with keys to a different (and clean!) room. We had dinner at the in-house restaurant, the E Spot ... my family's dinners were great but the entree of mine (fish) was overcooked and inedible. The two concierges we dealt with on different days were, unfortunately, of little help. One had no advice on how to go about renting a car, and the other incorrectly told us that the Sun Trolley wasn't running on that particular day due to weather even though I'd already called the service to confirm it was running AND I could see them operating while I was standing on my balcony.

In the breakfast restaurant, there was no place to put down your tray/plate while getting drinks, so you had to make a separate run to do that, which was very inconvenient especially with young children involved.

I don't know why I put the bad stuff first. This was a great place to stay. We try to stay at Embassy Suites properties when we travel with the kids. We all sleep in the one bedroom, but it's nice to have two separate rooms to stretch out in. This especially came in handy with the longer-than-expected stay.

Everything seemed spotless. ANd it was everything we know to expect from Embassy Suites anywhere ... large suites, free and plentiful breakfast, and so on. The location is great.

The location was very convenient. It's right next to a sizable shopping center (supermarket and restaurants make it very convenient), and it's on the line of the Sun Trolley. If you don't have a car and you want to get to the beach, it's the best thing since sliced bread. For 50 cents per person you can ride to the beach area, and like a regular bus you can pull the cord and signal where you want to get off. Same with getting back to the hotel from that area. Fabulous!

I'd definitely recommend this property.

Lauderdale Lakes, Florida, United States
Reviewed August 30, 2012

My Family and I loved it we didnt wanna return home i nearly cried the pool was lovely the site was beautifly. I could live there the breakfast was great better than any other place i been the dinner was lovely my childrens loved the hot tub the waterfall bye pool was nice over all was wonderful.

1 Thank gods_ch0sen1
Cedarhurst, New York
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Most people stay at this hotel for pleasurable activities such as departing on a cruise or just hanging out at Fort Lauderdale Beach. Unfortunately, my reason for staying at this hotel was its proximity to Broward Hospital, a level one Trama center. My husband was critically injured while the two of us were on vacation, and he remained hospitalized in Broward Hospital for six weeks. I stayed at Embassy Suites for more than one month, and I must commend everyone at Embassy Suites from the general managers to the concierge and bus drivers, to the kitchen staff and housekeeping crew for their kindness and compassion to me during this difficult time. My husband and I are world travelers, and we have stayed at many fine hotels during our frequent vacations; Embassy Suites in Fort Lauderdale is second to none. Although you may find fancier decorations and swankier ballrooms, take it from me, you will not find a hotel with a more caring staff. Embassy Suites and the people that run it like Don Friedman, the general manager, and Geoff G., the night manager, have bent over backwards to help me. I want the public to know that the people at this hotel treated me like family, and it was comforting to know that people do care, especially since I was 2,000 miles from home, and alone, with no one to help me except my hotel family. So if you are looking to stay at a hotel in Fort Lauderdale, you can’t find one any better than Embassy Suites, THE HOTEL WITH A HEART!!!!

Room Tip: Become a member of Hilton Honors.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
11 Thank Wendy G
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We only stayed here one night but really thats all it takes to get the feel of a hotel in my opinion. This hotel is about 30 minutes from The Hard rock hotel and Casino. And only a few minutes from the beach. The Staff was very good in seeing that every thing was in order and that the guest are taken car of as they should. They seemed to to the extra mile to help with any and everything. One ofthe best things about this hotel was the free breakfast! Eggs to order ,waffles , fresh fruit, cold cereal , Juice , Milk ,grits ,oatmeal, Bacon etc, etc, Everything was fresh and served every morning in the Atrium/Dining area . What a beautiful place to enjoy your breakfast. The suites were very nice and spotless. This place was a model for what every Hotel should be!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank loganslyles63
Northern, NJ
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stayed at the Embassy Suites on Aug. 17. We were scheduled to leave on a cruise the next day. Our entire family was pleasantly surprised at the quality and cleanliness of the hotel. We had a very spacious room with a mini-living-room, kitchenette, and bedroom. The bedroom was large and lovely. My four kids had a great time. My husband and I took the sofabed in the living-room area. Worked great. The restaurant and lounge were hopping that night and the surroundings were really lovely. (I will say that the restaurant was very expensive. We ate elsewhere.) The breakfast on Saturday morning was HUGE! The central atrium was a lovely space to have breakfast, and the offerings were varied and plentiful. We had a great experience and would be happy to return!

3 Thank Rebecca R