Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street
$379
$359
Marriott Hotels
  • Beachfront
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$239
Orbitz.com
$273
Hotwire.com
3,441 results
All reviewsevening receptionmanagers receptionmade to order breakfastpretzelsfree happy hourpre cruisecruise portcocktail hourfree breakfasttotal winewithin walking distancesun trolleypool areahotel shuttleclose to the airportliving roomconvention center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 16, 2011

I was worried that staying here with my 3 small children off the beach would be an issue. How Wrong could I have been! This Embassy has it all for the family, great pool, free breakfast and nice big suite for the family made this trip the BEST EVER! We found the hotel area had it all, shopping, ice cream, restaraunts all within walking distance. This was awesome, not to have to get the kids in the car and try to find parking, leave the car and walk to everything. The beach is right up 17th street, but we ended up swimming at the beautiful pool with rock waterfall was enough for us, they even have a large pond stocked with fish for the kids to feed.

Room Tip: East side or west, what a view
2  Thank Ourtrip2011
Reviewed April 14, 2011

The feeling was immediate when we checked in, there was no warm welcome. Not even a smile from anybody at the front desk! Our room was not ready so we went out to the pool area, that was one of the very few nice things at this property. Went to bar and ordered lunch to take out by the pool, bartender who took the order was very rude, no smile and was confrontational when I told her the order was incorrect. Walked away without saying anything,so much for employee empowerment! Finally another bartender came to correct the order. We checked in to our room, which was very large. Balcony was so small you could only stand.(Not all balconys were that way) It took my kids only seconds to find items of the guest before us left behind. I guess so much for housecleaning too. There should never be signs of a previous guests in a "cleaned" room. Everyone I guess will have there own perception, but this will be one Embassy Suites property that my family will not stay at again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
hotelmanager1100, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2011

Thank you for staying with us. Please accept my apologies for the way you were welcomed to our hotel and the way the one bartender treated you. I personally meet with my departments everyday and will review your comments with them. Please also accept my apologies for the cleanliness of the room. I take the time to read every posting and take them very seriously and can assure you that I will be reviewing them with my team so we can continually improve our hotel.

Reviewed April 14, 2011

I wanted to take my clients and corporate executives to a hotel that I could TRUST, I grade my trust in 3 catagories:
Accommodations: This hotel Exceeds, nothing like a quality Suite!
Staff : the staff at this hotel are impressive, appears to me the management here has done an outstanding job of leading by example.
Location: Centrally located with everything you need within walking distance (Dining, shopping, banks, beach)

Room Tip: High floor EAST or WEST... AWESOME
Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank wings2011
Reviewed April 12, 2011

I selected this hotel after recommendations on TripAdvisor. It was average but I was disappointed when my husband found eyeglasses near the bed that were not ours!! Concierge was not friendly at all when asked about restaurant suggestions, but luckily another person at the front desk recommended Duffy's which was great! Breakfast buffet is always top-notch and transportation to the port was efficient.

2  Thank bambam26
hotelmanager1100, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2011

Thank you for staying with us. I appreciate your comments about the services you liked and about areas we can improve on. I am glad that the desk clerk helped you out with a restaurant choice. One of the great things about our hotel is we have a choice of over 40 restaurants withing a 2 block walking distance. I am glad the transportation to the port worked out as well. Once again thank you for staying with us and your comments that I will share with my team.

Reviewed April 10, 2011

Stayed precruise. Husband is Hilton HHonors member with many points accrued but we paid for this stay. All of our room requests were ignored - asked for high room; NON-smoking - we got a 2nd floor room (LOUD) smoking. And we arrived around 3:30 in the afternoon. Called front desk and told them room was smoking and was told they were sold out. After walking to nearby Publix and back, stopped by the front desk and was given a different room that was supposed o be NONsmoking. After moving all the luggage, arrived to new room to find it also was a smoking room and stunk worse plus AC didn't seem to work well. Back to front desk and we just told them give us back the first room, tired of moving our luggage, waiting for elevators. Front desk offered us $75 in food certificates for use at their restaurant which was a nice gesture. We used the certificates but the service at the restaurant was very very slow. Last complaint: next morning called down to call a cab to the nearby port and was told there would be one there in 10 minutes. Down to the lobby to be pushed into a shuttle by a hotel worker - we resisted and told them we wanted a cab and was told it would be a minimum 45 minute wait. Walked across the driveway to the waiting cab.

On the good side - the reception was nice as usual along with the breakfast. Location was good as it is right next to the Publix and a wine store. Lots of restaurants nearby.
Hotel does not offer free shuttles from the aiport or to the port.

Based on the price we paid and our experience, we would not stay here again.

2  Thank onlytravelsouth
hotelmanager1100, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2011

Please accept my apologies for not meeting your expectations during your visit with us. We go through all reservations in the morning and try to meet everyone's requests. We obviously did not do a good job in your case. I am glad that the front desk did offer you restaurant gift certificates as a gesture to make up for not meeting your request. Please be assured I will discuss this review with my staff to make sure we are meeting our guest's needs. I also apologize for the team member pushing you to use our shuttle. They should have offered you a choice of either the shuttle or a cab. We offer both, which is why we have cabs sitting at our curb. We do provide shuttle service to and from the port and the airport at a fee.