We stayed here for 2 nights before a cruise. We wanted to stay by the beach and walk around. This hotel is across the street from the beach, but there are cross walks. The staff were very friendly and nice. Our hotel room was nice and I think we got a slight upgrade for free, but the location of our room was not good. It was so noisy near the elevator and near the ice machine. One night someone was out by the ice machine talking/face timing with someone at 2am. It was so loud. Then our fridge in our room started making noises and I couldn't sleep. We had to unplug it.
Aside from the lack of sleep, the hotel is pretty good. They have a small pool, but the pool is kind of in a weird spot so it doesn't get a ton of sun. That being said, they have lots of lounge chairs that get sun on the sun decks. They have a nice little pool bar and decent food. The buffet breakfast is a little expensive at $16 a person, but it's good.
There is not much for kids to do within walking distance except for the beach. The water taxi and sun trolley are very close and you can walk to them. Take the sun trolley around town for $3 for the whole day. But not all routes run every day and the drivers are not very helpful.
There is a 7-11 about a block away and many restaurants within walking distance. Also you can park your car in the lot next door for $10 a night instead of paying the hotel price. It's a public parking lot.
Bubba gump restaurant is below the hotel, but you can order dinner to your room for free I think. This restaurant is great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront with spectacular views! The Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach presents a popular choice for families, couples and business travelers to take in all of Ft. Lauderdale. Explore Las Olas Boulevard and an array of dining experiences, premiere shopping and entertainment venues day or night. Contemporary accommodations featuring scenic views of Ft. Lauderdale Beach and Intracoastal Waterways with ceiling to floor windows. The hotel features The Bistro - Eat. Drink. Connect, by day serving healthy breakfast options and your favorite Starbucks beverage. At night - have dinner in the Bistro or choose our pool deck lounge, the Seabreeze Poolside Bar, and order your favorite wine, beer or special cocktail with your meal. Stay connected with free Wi-Fi and the interactive GoBoard, providing the most updated news, weather and local information. Only minutes away from the Hollywood/Fort Lauderdale International Airport, 2 miles from the Port Everglades Cruise Port and nearby the Hard Rock Stadium, the Sawgrass Mills Shopping Outlets and the BB&T Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Courtyard
- Fort Lauderdale Marriott