“3rd stay at the Courtyard! Location Location Location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach

Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach
Ranked #24 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Noblesville, IN
“3rd stay at the Courtyard! Location Location Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

This was our third time at the Courtyard! Can't say enough about this hotel. Love the proximity, Love the rooms and the views! Very clean, spacious rooms. Upper Scale Courtyard with reasonable prices. Was however disappointed being a gold Marriott member they no longer offer complimentary breakfast to gold members. This was one of the main reason I booked this hotel. Being a family of 5 we appreciate our complimentary breakfast. Our previous stays we always had breakfast vouchers. Apparently this is a "owner" choice per Marriott. Recommend St. Bart's beachfront location directly below the hotel on the boardwalk Excellent prices and food.

Room Tip: This trip we had a room on the side. Beachfront and inter coastal views. All beautiful. Not sure...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Hurst5
Bill C, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
The greatest compliment a guest can give a hotel is to return. I thank you very much for continuing to stay in our hotel and your excellent rating. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back again and again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (462)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

I booked this hotel in the past...and rebooked for a recent business/pleasure trip last week. and so glad I did...the geneneral manager Bill Cunningham is wonderful...he has a great staff & has done a great job juggling parents, kids & vacationers but still manages to accommodate business travelers.

Room Tip: ask for an ocean view
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Meatdog624
I appreciate your comments very much. We do serve a mixture of guests staying with us for different reasons. We try to determine the purpose for our guest's visit and consequently their needs and expectations. I feel especially good when guests can combine business and some pleasure. Thank you for your excellent rating and returning to our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to our Marriott Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach!
Feasterville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

I am the owner of a travel agency in Pennsylvania and was just in Ft Lauderdale doing a site inspection at multiple hotels. I visited your hotel last week, and had the opportunity to sit at your pool bar and enjoy drinks.While it is not common at all for me to write reviews, I found after meeting your bartender Paula, that there would be nothing nicer than acknowledging an employee that was more than willing to go beyond the call of duty! I spent well over an hour and so appreciated watching someone that really enjoys their job. Some of the other hotels I visited could use some more Paula's!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Empresstrvl
Bill C, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
As the owner of a travel agency conducting site inspections, I'm sure that you have observed many associates performing their duties. Therefore, I consider your comments about Paula as high praise. We are very fortunate to have Paula on our Team. Training is one thing, but Paula naturally has the desire to serve and please people. I will make sure that Paula receives special recognition. Thank you for taking your time to write a review and I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Marriott Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach!
San Mateo, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

I stayed at the Courtyard two days before my cruise and found the hotel very nice. The rooms large and well kept and the staff very friendly in the restaurant. The location is great, in walking distance to the water taxi, Casablanca restaurant and shops. The only negative item is that they do not have safes in their rooms.

Room Tip: ocean view
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank birthdaygirl33031
Thank you for your review. I appreciate your comments and look forward to your return!
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

I would highly recommend the Courtyard by Marriott on Fort Lauderdale Beach. The rooms are very spacious and clean. The service is great, and everyone who worked there was very friendly. The valet service is great! It was so nice to be able to just drop the car off every day/night when we got back to the hotel and not have to worry about dealing with the busy traffic to park the car. And by far, the best part about the hotel is the location! It is just a block away from Las Olas boulevard, where everything was happening. And it's right across the street from the beach. Plus, the pool deck is a great place to sit and and relax whether it be day or night. Overall, this hotel is one of the main reasons why we had such a great vacation in Fort Lauderdale.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank aarongold1
I thank you so much for your excellent rating and willingness to recommend our hotel. Your comments are very valuable and I will share them with my Team. We are fortunate to have such a great location near the fun things that people want to do while visiting Fort Lauderdale Beach. Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back to our Marriott Courtyard!
Old Bridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

I reserved 3 rooms in this hotel pre-cruise for 28-Feb. Because we were a party of 6, and I needed to make some changes a bit late, my options were limited. I am sure glad that this hotel was available. I reserved 3 oceanfront rooms, two kings and double. When we arrived at 2pm the rooms were not ready so we went to eat at the pool bar. The view from the pool bar is very nice and the food and drinks were excellent. We had two woman in wheel chairs and everyone was very accomodating. The location of this hotel is outstanding and can't be beat. It is right across from the beach and there are lots of dining options and shops nearby. The hotel was hopping with people on this date, and rooms took a little long to be ready but we were settled by 5 pm. Because I am Marriott Gold Elite the two king rooms were upgrades to corner rooms. My mother/mother-in-law, son and fiance were on the 9th floor and were were on the 12th. The corner rooms are outstanding. My room on the 12th floor had the most amazing view. Although there are no balconys at this property the floor to ceiling wrap around windows more than compensate and I much preferred them. Our rooms were extremely clean as was the rest of the public areas in this hotel. The hotel is a bit older but in my opinion well maintained. In our room we had a lovely marble stall shower. I woke up early and was able to see the cruise ships come in and when the sun came up we had a fantastic view of the harbor. I got great pictures of all the cruise ships in port that day, including our ship Oasis of the Seas. The breakfast buffet was very good and there is free coffee in the lobby outside the restaurant. The only issue we had was that it was a Friday night and the noise from the nearby nightclubs was rather loud until quite late. But it was manageable and having such a grand view more than made up for the inconvenience. We really loved this hotel and will be sure to make it our official hotel whenever we are in Ft. Lauderdale.

Room Tip: Corner rooms on high floors have unparalled views.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank momcat1959
Bill C, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Your excellent rating is much appreciated. I can tell by your reviews that you are an experienced traveler and that makes your comments even more important to me. Thank you so much and I am very pleased to be designated as your "official hotel" in Fort Lauderdale!
Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

Good for a pre cruise one night stay. Really liked the location, that we could walk to several restaurants, shops and also right across the street from the beach. The staff at the front desk were very friendly and accommodating. Bed was comfortable enough and at least the room was clean and quiet. That's the main thing as far as I'm concerned. Seeing as we didn't have a car, it was in a very central location and not far from the airport or the cruise terminal. Would definitely stay here again if we're in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank yybgal
Thank you for your review. I appreciate all of your great comments about our hotel and surrounding area. I hope that next time you cruise you'll stay with us again!