“Great for YOU, but NOT YOUR CAR”

Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach
Ranked #23 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
New York City, New York
“Great for YOU, but NOT YOUR CAR”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott in Fort Lauderdale for one night the end of August. Everything, except for one item mentioned below, was excellent. We checked in with Stephen who was very professional and courteous. Although we booked a basic room with 2 queens, I asked if they had a room with a King bed. Not only did Stephen give us a king, we were given room with an ocean view. Stephen also guided us with information about Las olas blvd. Our room was very clean and modern. The business center has at least 10 computers with printers so it was quick and easy to print our boarding passes. The hotel also has easy access to the beach, a nice excerise room, but not directly on the beach. Breakfast was very good with the usual hot and cold dishes, including scrambled eggs, waffles, pancakes, grits, etc as well as an omelette station.

Internet access was both wired and wireless and work very well, no problems.

The only thing I would caution. You must pay for parking, either by yourself $15/day or valet $30/day. We used Valet parking since we had a discount . However, when they returned our car, it was covered in bird turd. Even though it was a rental car, I felt bad about it. Be aware, if you use valet parking, especially with your own car, make sure to request they DONT park it under a tree or whever the birds hang out. I dont know where they parked my car, but it was a mess. In retrospect, I should have complained about it, but did not in my haste to leave the hotel.

I would definitely recommend this hotel, but be cautioned about the parking.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Goway
Bill C, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you so much for your excellent ratings and willingness to recommend our hotel. I must apologize for the condition of your car. I have no excuse for returning your car in that condition whether a rental or not. We only have a few spaces with trees above which we use as a last resort. Even then we have the ability to clean. I hope that you will accept my personal apology and return to visit us again. P.S. I will make sure that Stephan is recognized...he will be very pleased. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (479)
Saint-Lambert, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for one night before a family cruise. It was wonderful. We arrived around noon and our rooms weren't ready yet but the front desk took my number and promised to call when the rooms were ready and they did. We were able to get into the rooms by just after 2:00.

In the meantime, some of the family went to the beach which is located right across the street from the hotel and we sat at the pool bar and enjoyed the view of the ocean and the really good margaritas! The ones who went to the beach were able to take beach towels from the pool deck to use there, which was really convenient. The 7-11 was located across the street and there were several restaurants and shops located around the hotel.

We had connecting rooms and they were clean and large (we had rooms with two queen beds in each room) and had wonderful views of beach from large picture windows. The bathrooms were spacious and clean as well. We found the beds comfortable and had no issues with noise. We also had no problems with the elevators since we never waited longer than a minute or two before one arrived.

On Sunday morning we ate breakfast at the hotel restaurant and found it was very good: the buffet had a good selection of food and the waitress was always around to fill our juice glasses or coffee cups. We didn't find the prices outrageous and certainly in line with what we've paid at other hotels we've stayed at.

The hotel valet service suggested that we use a shuttle service to take us to Port Everglades as opposed to taking two taxis (there were 6 in our party). They called the shuttle company and one arrived within 15 minutes or so. It was all seamless and the price of the shuttle was reasonable and very quick service.

All in all we would definitely stay again at the Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach and would highly recommend it to any of our friends or family travelling to Fort Lauderdale.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Bill C, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
I want to thank you so much for your review and excellent ratings. We are always very pleased to know that guests enjoyed their visit with us. Thank you as well for your recommendations to friends and families to stay with us while in Fort Lauderdale. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to our Marriott Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach!
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed for a short 1 night stay during spring break and found that the hotel was in a great location for being close to the beach and some of the action of spring break but far enough away to feel somewhat peaceful.

The room was average and the bed not so good. The lifts were terrible and during busy times had to get, which on lower levels wouldn't matter but with bags on an upper level wasnt the best.

The staff were helpful, however signage to find your way around was lacking.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Bill C, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
I hope that you will give us another try. We do have a good beach location, but we want you to be satisfied in all aspects. We continuously make improvements and guests comments help us to do so. Thank you.
Coconut Creek, Florida
Reviewed August 28, 2013

If you want to stay on the beach but not pay outrageous prices this is a great find! The staff is overwhelmingly friendly and efficient and the rooms are clean with a stunning view right on the beach. There are great restaurants and shops in walking distance to the hotel. If you come to Fort Lauderdale check it out!

Room Tip: For a spectacular view book a high corner room - glass on both sides of the room give you a wonderfu...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your comments and excellent ratings. I'm pleased to know that you enjoyed our staff, ocean views and surrounding areas. We look forward to welcoming you back to our Marriott Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach!
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We had a short family trip to Fort Lauderdale Beach and this was my first stay at the Marriott Courtyard - it would be a definite return. Staff was friendly, all the way around. Housekeeping was excellent and always available. The hotel had a good breakfast restaurant option (kids half price!); though I wish the buffet had more variety. This Marriott is located at walking distance to every possible restaurant and convenience store option you can have. There is a 7-11 right behind the hotel....for basics (water, snacks, etc) it is perfect. My check in was good though I think it could have gone a bit quicker, my room wasn't available (I had arrived quite early) and I was told I would receive a call once it was....never did. It did become available right at check-in time (4 pm) which was fine but they didn't even call me at 4 pm, I had to go to main lobby to inquire. There is a small pool and outdoor lunch nook. I don't believe there were any kids' activities but the hotel is kid friendly. Despite it all, I would definitely return to the hotel!

Room Tip: I was in 711A, king size/ocean front view and the room was fabulous! It's a shame the hotel does...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
I'm glad to know that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. You discovered that just about everything people want to do on Fort Lauderdale Beach is within walking distance from our hotel. Thank you very much for your review and we want to take you up on that definite return!
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Ok hotel right at the beach, my only problem was that none of the hotel's windows open at all. I like to stay at the beach and smell and hear the ocean. Other than that it was as expected and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Eb19083
Bill C, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
I have to admit that it is nice to open the windows on the beach. I appreciate your comments and I hope the windows won't prevent you from returning to visit us again.
Taylor, Michigan, United States
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on our last night of our honeymoon! It was a great hotel really close to the beach and in walking distance to alot of shops and food. We ate at Bubba Gumps which was awesome because it was connected to the hotel. The only thing the hotel needs is more elevators they kinda sucked and thicker walls you can hear everything other than that great place to stay!

Room Tip: Needs contenental breakfast!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Danielle E
Bill C, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for making us part of your honeymoon. We appreciate your excellent rating and we hope that you will return to visit us on your anniversary. Our congratulations and best wishes to you!