Thought I already reviewed this here, but I guess not. Stayed 2 nights post cruise using points. I am a Platinum Premier with Marriott.
First they said they would not upgrade me since I was on a reward stay. I said that as a person who spent 220 PAID nights in Marriott brands last year, the company gor ENOUGH money from me for which I earned POINTS to use.
They upgraded me to a king suite. Nice, but I need TWO beds. Found a room for us that was NOT CLEAN! Trash cans full, hairs all over, crumbs and dirt on window sills, and the place opened in November?
They bought us lunch-turkey sandwiches (ick). Finally the room was cleaned and we moved.
Ate dinner one night at Bubba Gumps (not great but not as bad as expected) and at a little German bar in the alley nearby. (Late lunch-BIG chicken sandwich, decent price, lousy apple struedel!)
Can't remember what we did for breakfast. Oh, I took the sun trolley to publix and bought some little boxes of cereal, pastries, etc and got free coffee in the lobby (and then some at 7-11!) The buffet was overpriced and I was sort of sick of Marriott food anyway.
Most of the staff was OK...some were rude though. The music from the pool lasted until 11 PM one nght and we heard every sound. That was rather annoying. Another issue was the pool towels, dirty glasses and dshes, and trash that were left in the pool area for 24 hours. YUCK!
All in all, the place wasn't BAD but could be better. In their defense, one manager gave me back the points, and the GM gave me a significant amount of bonus points....so, I suppose that if I got a good rate I wold return if cruising from FLL again.
By the way, one of the bellman has a side job running a van service. He charges the same amount to the airport as a cab-$19. Thenice thing is there is no meter...so if the drawbridge is up, you don't pay for sitting still.
The views are lovely.....and it is a much better choice than the Renaissance. (That hotel is being remodeled in May).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront with spectacular views! The Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach presents a popular choice for families, couples and business travelers to take in all of Ft. Lauderdale. Explore Las Olas Boulevard and an array of dining experiences, premiere shopping and entertainment venues day or night. Contemporary accommodations featuring scenic views of Ft. Lauderdale Beach and Intracoastal Waterways with ceiling to floor windows. The hotel features The Bistro - Eat. Drink. Connect, by day serving healthy breakfast options and your favorite Starbucks beverage. At night - have dinner in the Bistro or choose our pool deck lounge, the Seabreeze Poolside Bar, and order your favorite wine, beer or special cocktail with your meal. Stay connected with free Wi-Fi and the interactive GoBoard, providing the most updated news, weather and local information. Only minutes away from the Hollywood/Fort Lauderdale International Airport, 2 miles from the Port Everglades Cruise Port and nearby the Hard Rock Stadium, the Sawgrass Mills Shopping Outlets and the BB&T Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Marriott so you can book your Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Marriott
- Fort Lauderdale Courtyard