“SALT WATER POOL?”

Ranked #23 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Uniontown, Pennsylvania
“SALT WATER POOL?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2012

Yes, They have an outdoor SALT WATER POOL! Strange, this hotel being across the street from the ocean! Other than that, I really have come to rely on the Courtyard Marriott for their unwavering style of service, friendly, knowledgeable & helpful staff, Top notch rooms that feel safe, cozy, clean with beds you just sink into! Not one detail do they forget! (note: even a sewing kit). If you are traveling for business or pleasure, with kids, your partner or solo,,I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE COURTYARD MARRIOTT! (I have stayed at pretty much every Hotel on the beach). WHEN IN DOUBT....stay here at the courtyard. your visit will be so nice. OH! you do have to pay for valet..but the valet's are so nice & the service is great. ( I don't recommend just any hotel. I wanted to try something new & booked with the B Ocean last month. I WISH I WOULD HAVE STAYED WITH WHAT I KNEW..Oh well! hope this helps.

Room Tip: If you book with a traveling sight & not with the Hotel directly, I have found, that the Hotel g...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Debbie S
CourtyardFtLauderdal, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, January 10, 2012
All of us at the Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach are thrilled that you enjoyed staying with us and that you have provided such a high recommendation to others. Your gracious praise of the accommodations and the staff mean so much to all of us here as we strive to provide each and every guest with an enjoyable experience. We would just like to take a moment to clarify for everyone that our outdoor swimming pool overlooking the beach is not a salt water pool. Thank you for your continued loyalty and we are looking forward to welcoming you back once again at the Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (471)
Manchester, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2012

Lovely room. Great staff. Excellent location.
Stayed one night on our way to our cruise.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for such a wonderful review of the Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach. Your praise for the hotel and its staff are greatly appreciated and will be shared with everyone. We hope you enjoyed your cruise and that you will have another opportunity in the future to stay with us.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2011

We stayed at the Courtyard before a cruise out of Ft Lauderdale.
The hotel staff were friendly and helpful, we were given a corner room with a view out to the water and up the coast, very nice.
We tried a meal at Bubba Gump which is located on the ocean side of the hotel.
Next morning we went for a walk on the beach then to Las Olas, it is a long walk but interesting (and safe).
Taxi back to the hotel and then to the cruise port.
I think I would stay here again if we are in town.

Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

We stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach on 12/27 as a stop over traveling home. I have stayed at this hotel before and really liked it. Also, I am a Marriott Platinum Member so I try to stay almost exclusively at Marriott properties. Unfortunately this experience was one to hopefully forget. After a day on the beach and walking the streets along the beach we headed for the room. After an hour or so my wife noticed a bug on her pillow. After more investigation, the bed (both beds) in the room were infested with bed bugs. We had adjoining rooms because my kids college age now. After the engineer came up to our room (808 and 807) he told us the room had just been re-done completely because of the bugs. I guess it didn't work. The staff promptly moved us to another room and comped us the points I had used for one room. I just thought they should have comped us for both since everyone moved (10:00 at night) as I didn't want to leave my teenage girls on a separate floor by themselves. Also, as luck would have it the sound on ESPN was not working that night in the hotel, and with a good Monday Night Football game on, that was disappointing. But I understand issues like that happening occassionaly. I hope they get the issued fixed with that room, but I was disappointed in the finality of the situation, especially since I stay over 100 nights a year with Marriott.

Room Tip: Oceanfront should be the preference. The views are really good.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank ECUPirates64
CourtyardFtLauderdal, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, January 6, 2012
We care greatly about every guest’s experience and sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay with us. Please be assured that the hotel has very strict standards and protocols in place including pest control. In the unusual event we are made aware of any concern, we respond immediately and take all appropriate steps to ensure each room is ready for the next guest. We truly value your business and thank you for taking the time to share your perspective with us.
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2011

I'm truly impressed. The location is great, near restaurants and shopping, and right at the beach. The service was outstanding. When I arrived by cab, someone from the hotel opened the door, and got my bags welcoming me. The SD card in my camera would not format. I called the front desk and Lillian greeted me by name, she then connected me to Greg at the concierge desk. Greg made a series of phone calls and got help for me. During my stay, every person who worked at the hotel greeted me if we were in close proximity. I requested an extra comforter and got it within 5 minutes. They offer room service for breakfast. It's the typical, basic, overpriced fare. You might as well hit the very good breakfast buffet for about $16, or hit a local eatery for a basic, but less expensive breakfast. There are no balconies. The pool area is small, but the pool side bar area is a more expansive. Walk across the street and you are on the beach. Walk up or down the sidewalk and you'll find everything you need. Including a 24 hour CVS within walking distance. I was on the 11th floor, corner room -- FABULOUS. The room is kind of small but has coffee, tea, mini-fridge, free Internet, work desk, closet and flat screen. The only drawback was that maid service was very loud, at times they were calling out to one another, and at one point an argument started. Regardless, I look forward to returning.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank JperiodSMITH
CourtyardFtLauderdal, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this review, December 22, 2011
Thank you for your kind review. We are so pleased to learn that our staff was able to create the enjoyable experience that we strive to provide for each and every guest at the Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach. It seems that your stay encompassed many of the fine amenities provided by our hotel and made your stay worth writing about. We do apologize for any noise disturbances you encountered and will stress with our Housekeeping staff the importance of creating a restful environment for our guests. We look forward to your return!
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2011

This hotel is located perfectly on the beach in Fort Lauderdale. Walk out the mezzanine level out to Route A1A (right along the ocean) and you have numerous restaurants and bars to choose from. The front desk staff were outstanding, even remembered my name each time as I entered the lobby. Friendly and helpful staff throughout the hotel. The valet parking folks even hold the door open for you as you arrive. Bottom line, great location right on the ocean, great staff, and clean rooms with good views. Not much more you can ask for. Stayed here for 2 weeks and this hotel was very comfortable the entire time.

Room Tip: room facing east or northeast has best views. also, if you don't like valet parking, you can pa...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Rick8mt
Having wonderful guests such as you is all that we can ask for at the Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach. We are thrilled to learn that your extended stay in the Fort Lauderdale area was made comfortable and enjoyable by the staff and accommodations at our hotel. Your generous comments will make them smile. Thank you for the wonderful review and we look forward to your return visit, hopefully in the near future!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2011

I would highly recommend this hotel if your looking for a place right on the beach in Fort Lauderdale. Staff was warm and welcoming. Walking distance to great restaurants. Nice little pool with larger deck area and pool bar for sun bathing. Ask about the trolley bus to get you over to the Mall or anywhere else up and down the beach strip and over to Las Olas. Best value!!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
It sounds like you had a great time exploring the vibrant area surrounding the Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach. We are so appreciative of your kind comments and recommendation and can’t wait to welcome you back for another great stay in the very near future!