No need to rent a car unless you plan to drive to Miami or Boca Raton.
Everything is within walking distance and the concierge and front desk attendants were happy to make great recommendations. There are also 2 Trollies that you can ride all day for $2person. One Trolley will take you to Las Olas - popular street with great restaurants and shopping. The second Trolley will take you to the Galleria Mall, grocery store, convention center etc. (Hotel does not offer shuttle service to/from the airport.)
Many people complained about the $28+tax Valet parking fee (valet only). When we arrived on Saturday - the neighboring city/public beach parking lots were $20. On Monday the priced dropped to $7. We valet parked at the hotel (at least we felt our rental was a little more secure). The rental car never moved - we walked everywhere.
Saturday - the hotel was extremely busy with cruise ship participants and other large groups. Check-in was quick and easy! Sunday - Tuesday: we noticed there were less people in the hotel.
Room was great - we had a corner room with full windows from ceiling to floor with intracoastal and oceanviews. Mattress - we could feel the springs, but still had a good nights sleep. Refrigerator in the room, but no microwave. WiFi (Iphone) worked great downstairs, but would intermittently disconnect while we were in our room (maybe because we had a corner room?) Nothing overly fancy about the room, but it was comfortable, reasonable and had great views! Great beachfront hotel. If you want Luxury and want to pay 3 or 4 times more - there is a Ritz Carlton further up the beach.
BEACH was beautiful!!! Go to the Mezzanine level of the hotel to get to a small swimming pool, beautiful area to sit/lay out to catch some sunrays and outside bar. From the pool area, walk down a set of stairs and you can turn left and go directly to Bubba Gump Shrimp or Oasis Cafe (inexpensive breakfast bagels, croissants) OR cross the 2 lane street and you are ON THE BEACH!!
Restaurants we visited:
Coconuts - Across the street from the front of the hotel -- looks closed from the outside, but crab cake salad was terrific!!!
Quarterdecks - Sports bar with fair prices and decent food and Free Wi-Fi
LuLus Bair Shack - this place received great reviews, I thought it was ok. Food wasn't great, but the view of the beach was awesome!
Bubba Gump - close to the hotel and never a bad choice.
Oasis Cafe - small little cafe with outside seating. Serves breakfast all day. $5-8 for a breakfast bagel or croissant.
Don't forget the Jungle Queen Cruise - fun cruise and the All-u-can Eat BBQ and shrimp was actually good!
We enjoyed our Anniversary trip and can't wait to visit Fort Lauderdale and the Courtyard again.
Front desk attendants Servio and Mary was Excellent!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront with spectacular views! The Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach presents a popular choice for families, couples and business travelers to take in all of Ft. Lauderdale. Explore Las Olas Boulevard and an array of dining experiences, premiere shopping and entertainment venues day or night. Contemporary accommodations featuring scenic views of Ft. Lauderdale Beach and Intracoastal Waterways with ceiling to floor windows. The hotel features The Bistro - Eat. Drink. Connect, by day serving healthy breakfast options and your favorite Starbucks beverage. At night - have dinner in the Bistro or choose our pool deck lounge, the Seabreeze Poolside Bar, and order your favorite wine, beer or special cocktail with your meal. Stay connected with free Wi-Fi and the interactive GoBoard, providing the most updated news, weather and local information. Only minutes away from the Hollywood/Fort Lauderdale International Airport, 2 miles from the Port Everglades Cruise Port and nearby the Hard Rock Stadium, the Sawgrass Mills Shopping Outlets and the BB&T Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HotelPower, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Courtyard
- Fort Lauderdale Marriott