Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach
$99
$269
Marriott Hotels
  • Beachfront
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$194
  • Pool
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$98
$203
$145
Hotels.com
$144
$139
1,846 results
All reviewsbubba gumpsacross the streetcourtyard marriottcorner roomsun deckpool barfloor to ceiling windowsfort lauderdale beachwithin walking distancevalet parkinglas olasocean viewking suitesmall poolwater taxiper nightthe location is perfect
Reviewed April 14, 2011

If you or your kids are swimming in a meet at the ISHOF pool, this is as close as you're going to get as it's literally right across the street. The views from the rooms are spectacular, no matter where your room is located. We were facing south, so we had the ocean, the beach, the Hall of Fame pool, and the intercoastal. It was perfect. Our king room had a pullout sofa next to the window that was separated from the king bed with pocket doors. The room was decent size as was the bathroom and there was a mini fridge in the room. Internet was available and free. Parking is fairly expensive but that is to be expected at a property right on the beach with limited space. We were on the 10th floor and I could hear the partying going on at several of the bars on the street during the late and wee hours. It didn't bother me, but it could be a bother to some people. I could hear them pretty well with a closed window ( they don't open) and the airconditioning running! The hotel has a modest entryway compared to some Courtyard properties and there never seemed to be more than one person at the desk at any given time. That was ok when there weren't more than 2 people waiting in line! Thankfully, we used points on the trip as the room rates are fairly high, but more or less, in line with other hotels in the area that have that kind of location. Definitely, you're paying for location with this Courtyard.
The restaurant is almost nonexistent here as in the indoor bar. There is a bar on the patio overlooking the pool and the beach and there was live music every afternoon. The pool is small, but there is ample area to sit and sun with a variety of small and large chairs. There are also towels for hotel guests to use at the pool and ice water available at all time on a self service basis. For a place right in the middle of all the hubbub of the beach area, the hotel was an oasis of calm. The beach is right across the street. Bubba Gump's restaurant is at the foot of the stairs from the pool to the street. A good place for swimmers who want to be close to the HOF pool or vacationers who want to be in the middle of the action at the beach.

Room Tip: Every room has a great view!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank MaineTravel50
Management response:Responded May 9, 2011

We are fortunate to be right across the street from the ISHOF pool. Our proximity is convenient for our guests and we enjoy the energy created by the special events. I do want to mention that we use our pool bar when the weather is pleasant (which is nearly every day) and the indoor bar only when the weather is inclement. Also you might not know that the Bubba Gump Shrimp Company restaurant is on our premises and offers our guests another choice for food & beverage. You can just sign to your room, if you chose to do so. Thank you for your comments and willingness to recommend us to others.

Reviewed April 10, 2011

We stayed at this hotel post-cruise to enjoy Fort Lauderdale for a few days. It was very close to Las Olas Boulevard (which by the way is over-hyped and totally touristy). The hotel is located across the road from the beach as are all the hotels on this strip along the A1A which runs in front the hotel.

It was a fair location for catching the water taxi, although to either of the 2 stops (inbound or outbound) it’s abit of a walk if you have shopping in hand or doing the trek in the midday sun as we did.

There are lots of food options in the area…the closest being the Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. just downstairs facing the beach. There is also a nice German bar along the alleyway bordering the hotel which has a good selection of imported beers and shows European & English football which my husband enjoyed!

The hotel pool bar area was very lively and was a popular drinking spot even for the locals. As guests we couldn’t get any available lounge chairs as they were occupied at all times of the day. The bar area though is very breezy and cool and is a lovely place to relax with a drink in hand.

We didn’t have to walk far to have dinner options at night…there are lots of restaurants on every block in either direction.

Although the hotel is right on the A1A, there was never much traffic in the day and we enjoyed walking on the beach in the morning watching the sun come up in almost total solitude.

The St. Bart’s Coffee Co. just a few steps from the hotel is a wonderful place to have breakfast. It looks like a hole-in-the-wall and the outside needs abit of work, but it is very popular with the locals and the breakfast fare is fresh and hugely satisfying!

Be sure to give the address of ’440 Seabreeze Boulevard’, to the taxi driver as I mentioned Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach and the driver asked whether it was Harbor beach, Beach Place towers or Fort Lauderdale Marriott – being none of these.

The staff were very friendly and professional. We were graciously offered an early check-in having come off the Cruise ship in Miami and taken the train to Fort Lauderdale at 9:30am. The only hiccup was that we were given keycards to a room which was already occupied, but we were soon sorted out with a clean new room with great views of both the ocean and waterway.

There was no safe in the room so we had to lodge our valuables via the front desk which was a simple process, but it would have been nicer to have an in-room safe.
All-in-all we had a very pleasant stay at this hotel and would definitely stay here on a return trip.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank The_Concierge_8
Management response:Responded May 9, 2011

Thank you so much for your comments. I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed Fort Lauderdale Beach and our hotel. I am always eager to receive guest feedback and I always share with my team. My thanks to you and I hope that you will join us again in the near future.

Reviewed April 3, 2011

The outside of the Marriott appears to have been beaten by the seawater/ wind but that is the only bad thing I have to say. The location was awesome. Very friendly staff. The inside was very clean.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded May 9, 2011

We are fortunate to have such a great location. I appreciate very much your favorable comments about cleanliness and the friendliness of our staff. We are eager to serve and help to make your visit to Fort Lauderdale Beach enjoyable. I also appreciate your willingness to recommend us which means a lot. Thank you and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed March 8, 2011

I chose the Courtyard for its location and having the option of both the beach, dining and shopping within walking distance. Las Olas wasn't such a destination shopping alley for my standards. There were a few fancy restaurants on Las Olas Blvd; but the restaurants fronting the beach/the Courtyard were quite pathetic.

We were upgraded to a King Suite, which was nice. The room was OKAY, but did not have the usual scent of "freshness" that most hotel rooms welcome you with. The hotel was packed with the "cruise" crowd -- loud, annoying "not from america" tourists. the restaurant was so busy with this crowd during breakfast, hence the service suffered -- i.e., long wait, place mats had stains/were unchanged; fork & knife wrapped in a napkin had hair in it when i opened it; i was served water in a plastic cup while the rest had theirs in a glass; potatoes seemed like old potatoes just heated up; bacon was hard and too salty -- all in all, a very disappointing dining experience. I specifically avoided the cheaper breakfasts from the restaurants around the hotel, thinking they would be disgusting and 'unclean" only to find the same at the courtyard for twice the price!

Housekeeping may have been overwhelmed too. We only got one towel replacement so I had to ask for an extra one. No towels by the pool -- even if it said open till 11PM. it seems no one tidies up the pool area throughout its operating hours.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded May 9, 2011

I am sorry to hear that local shops and restaurants were not to your liking. Furthermore, an apology from our hotel for not meeting your expectations in housekeeping and restaurant service is certainly due. We are always disappointed if we do not meet all expectations of our guests. I hope that you will consider this experience as an exception to our performance and give us another opportunity to demonstrate that we can satisfy your expectations. Thank you.

Reviewed March 2, 2011

Spent the MLK weekend at this hotel. It was my second stay at this Courtyard (the last time was Jan. 2008). I had booked a 2 room suite under a AAA package that included breakfast and free valet parking. I tried to check in at two o'clock, but the young man at the counter said the room was not ready yet. He took my cell number and said he would call me when the room was ready. I Never heard back from him. I went to Duffey's Sports bar to watch the NFL playoffs and returned at half time to see if my room was ready. It was now 6:30 p.m. I informed the nice young lady at the desk that I had been sitting in my car at the beach waiting for my call. The look of horror that came over her face was priceless. I confessed that I was actually watching the game, but had never been called. She apologized and I went up to my room.
The room was very nicely appointed. Everything was clean and in order. Breakfast was the usual good Marriott buffet. The weather was great the first two days, but it rained on Monday. The pool is small but clean. There were ample chairs to sit by the pool or on the upper level. The location is great. You can walk to the trolley to go to Las Olas Blvd. for shopping and restaurants. The beach is right across the street.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
Management response:Responded May 9, 2011

We appreciate your return visit very much. A return visit is the ultimate compliment for a hotel. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your weekend with us and we look forward to your next visit.