WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Days Inn Fort Lauderdale-Oakland Park Airport North

Days Inn Fort Lauderdale-Oakland Park Airport North
Ranked #114 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Boston, Massachusetts
“Do not stay here!!! Especially if you have children!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

I booked a one night stay here back in April of 2013 before going on a cruise. I made the reservation about a month early online. Received a confirmation email. However when I showed up on the date around 10pm with my 3 children waiting in the car, woman at desk named Elizabeth gave me an attitude and told me my credit card was declined earlier that day so they gave my room away. Which was absolute nonsense how could I go on vacation with a declined credit card on day one. My bank confirmed they never ran my card and I never even received notification after the confirmation email from the hotel if there was a problem. I was highly upset because I was now in another state with 3 tired children and no room to stay in. When I expressed how upset I was Elizabeth's attitude escalated to the point she was ready to get in physical fight with me. Not to mention a group of guys who were drinking beers in the lobby were watching. Worst experience I have ever had in my life at a hotel. I had to Google search from my phone and find another hotel, think we stayed at the Marriott which was excellent and I used the same credit card with no problem. I am glad I did not stay at the days inn because another friend who I was traveling with did stay there and said the rooms where disgusting and bed sheets had stains on them. Neither one of us will ever book there again. Especially due to the class of employees they have running the office.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Glendive, Montana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

We arrived very late from the Fort Lauderdale airport and just needed a place to sleep. The first thing we encountered was the rude night clerk. Not being used to being in a bigger city, we didn't know that cash was not accepted. We didn't know that you couldn't enter the lobby where the clerk stays. The only room available was a smoking room. And I will never make that mistake again! Our clothes were saturated with the smoke smell, just from sleeping in the bed. I went to the bathroom as soon as we entered the room and there were 4 cockroaches by and under the garbage can. We immediately checked for bed bugs and thank God there weren't any. Under any other circumstances we would have left immediately but we were completely exhausted. We put all of our luggage up high, slept, got up early and checked out. The coninental breakfast was a joke. Apples, oranges, corn flakes and fruit loops and some muffins. Please don't waste your money!

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor and there is an elevator but we didn't know that thanks to no help from...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
Urbandale, Iowa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

The lobby was nice and the desk clerk was nice but walk out the door and around the corner to the actual hotel and there is nothing nice. I would not even want to guess what the stains on the carpet were and the rest of the room was just as filthy. I have stayed at a lot of Days Inn hotels and been very happy and comfortable but this one should not carry the Days Inn name.

They also advertise free airport shuttle service. If you plan to use the shuttle, don't schedule a flight before 8:00 am or you will have to pay for a service/taxi at $30. I didn't realize shuttle services had "bankers" hours.

We were only there when it was dark but you add the appearance of a questionable neighborhood to walk to a restaurant, I say run, don't walk from this hotel until they do major renovation. Even then, I would question the shuttle service. Add $30 transport to the price and I could stay at a nice hotel that does run their shuttle service to accomodate guests.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Travelers also viewed these Fort Lauderdale hotels
Ramada Fort Lauderdale Oakland Park
Ramada Fort Lauderdale Oakland P...
#59 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale
Universal Palms Hotel
#78 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,268 reviews
Rodeway Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport Port Everglades Cruise Port
Rodeway Inn & Suites Fort Lauder...
#60 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale
BEST WESTERN Ft. Lauderdale I-95 Inn
BEST WESTERN Ft. Lauderdale I-95...
#68 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Days Inn Fort Lauderdale-Oakland Park Airport North? Share your experiences!