“Not quite up to par” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #115 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Kailua, Hawaii
“Not quite up to par”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

Not the best Quality Inn on the planet. Breakfast was OK, the desk clerk was helpful. Bed was fair, but would not go out of my way to stay here. The best thing about this place was the ducks that live in the parking lot and beg for food.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PanamaDon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
New Orleans, LA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

My family and I (including our three month old infant) stayed that this hotel in June 2012. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE! We checked in very early in the morning (6am) after a delayed flight and napped for a few hours. Upon waking to nurse our son, I shifted the pillows to find BED BUGS and blood-stained pillowcases. I immediately called the front desk and they transferred us to a new room. I was horrified and anxious and disgusted. The hotel did refund the room rate and promised to call us as soon as a pest control company had come out and identified the insects. We were never contacted by the hotel after our departure that afternoon. We have tried numerous times to contact the manager at the location, but to no avail. This is a dreadful place and I absolutely do not recommend a stay here...no matter how cheap the price! My arm was covered in bites, but luckily neither my husband nor son sustained any bites. We were horrified that we might be carrying the bugs with us, but luckily they stayed put....at the hotel you are considering a stay at! don't do it!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank hotelosoperezoso
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

When you first drive up it looks like you have entered the hood. Ghetto loud mouth women and there the house keepers. The place is so run down. When you walk into the room the smell alone makes you want to throw up. There was piece of hair over the bed the carpets was discussing. They try and make it look. Run far away from this place. Its way over priced.

• Stayed August 2012
Sarver
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

soaking wet carpet, sparking lights on the wall, poor front desk service, not a safe part of town, (rats on the sidewalk...bars on the windows), pool closed by health dept. Had to walk at least 6 blocks to get something to eat. I even complained to corporate level regarding this place.

Room Tip: advertises transfer to and from airport and to and from seaport but is not available without a 1 1...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Fort Lauderdale
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

The rooms were nice, however when we woke up early in the am to catch a flight we discovered our car window had been broken, due to someone trying to break in. We believe our car alarm scared them off and that is the only reason the didn't proceed to steal anything. We would not stay here again. I definitely want to feel safe especially when I have my children with me. And unfortunitely we were flying out early and had to be at the Airport by 6:45am so there was no way to fix our window before we left the country. We are still on vacation and hoping our car isn't further vandalized.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Paul S
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

The rooms are nice and clean. I really liked the manager. She was very nice and helpful and was always smiling. The hotel is pretty good for its price and the area is decent. The housekeepers are very sweet and gentle. I would stay there again in my return to Fort Lauderdale, FL.

Room Tip: This hotel is nice and clean. I really liked the manager at the hotel. She is always smiling and ver...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel May 20 - 22 after cruising the Eastern Caribbean on the RCL Allure of the Seas. We came in early by rental car, and our room was ready by around 1:30 PM (standard check-in is 3:00 PM). The lady at the front desk was very courteous and pleasant and very helpful. We were given a room at the 3rd floor opposite the highway; so it is very quite.
Upon entering the room, I was pleasantly surprised that the room was clean, newly renovated and walls are newly painted. The bed sheets and pillows are very clean.
The complimentary breakfast are nothing to brag about, but are adequate. There was a different lady at the front desk on our last day, and she too was very friendly. She even gave my wife some souvenir things (complimentary).
Overall, my wife and I had a wonderful stay, and will stay here again next time!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floors (3 or 4) and opposite the main highway for quietness.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Lauderdale
Rodeway Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport Port Everglades Cruise Port
Rodeway Inn & Suites Fort Lauder...
#59 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale
Clarion Inn Fort Lauderdale
Clarion Inn Fort Lauderdale
#60 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn
Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise...
#45 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale
Ramada Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port
Ramada Fort Lauderdale Airport/C...
#73 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale
3.0 of 5 bubbles 1,923 reviews
Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Hollywood/Airport South
Ramada Fort Lauderdale Oakland Park
Ramada Fort Lauderdale Oakland P...
#61 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport Cruise Port? Share your experiences!