“DEATH TRAP ROACH MOTEL” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #120 of 135 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“DEATH TRAP ROACH MOTEL”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

My friends and I should have RE-READ the reviews left on here. Dirty rooms and my friend killed a "roach" crawling on the wall. The breakfast was ok. And the van driver was RUDE AS HELL. AND GET THIS. I thought the van was a shuttle you know like a free shuttle. Well the driver said he would take us to our ship however. If we needed to get back to the airport he had to charge us $8.00 to take myself and my friends . My cousin had a 7 year old son and he still charged her $8.00. And when we came back from our trip the van driver was LATE AS HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!! we did not give this guy a tip. PLEASE, stay some where else. There is nothing around. My daughter and I walked block after block looking for food.The extra $$$$ you pay will be well worth it. And please if you still want to stay here after reading the Many reviews here. LOOK OUT FOR ROACHES!

Room Tip: This place is a dam death trap!!!! I did not feel safe here at all.God was a guard at our door .
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank puggirlthurman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

The room was very dirty, filled with mold in the bathroom, and looked like it had not been cleaned in months. There were burn marks and some other white stain on the bed spred and curtains in a nonsomking room. The smell in the room made us feel like puking. The staff was very unfriendly and unwilling to help us with any of our issues. Find another place to stay and stay away from here.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Leavenworth, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

My 92 year old father and I had been travelling all day when we finally made the curbside pickup area at the Ft. Lauderdale Airport. We were both exhausted, but were told by the hotel there was an "accident" across the street and we wouldn't get picked up for 1.5 - 2 hours! We were forced to take a cab and were at the "Inn" in about 12 minutes.... The people at the front desk (obviously overworked) were surly and nasty.

The room was "livable", clearly heavily used with only a modicum of daily cleaning. The beds were ok (at least what I could see), but I didn't dare to walk barefoot on the carpet. We had hot water and the TV worked....

The location is a bit scary. The clerk at the tiny convenience store around the corner works behind bullet-proof glass, if that's any indication of the neighborhood... We were so tired, we actually got a decent nights sleep.

The "free shuttle to the cruise lines" is a terrible, drawn-out service. My elderly father and I were out in the near 90 degree heat for nearly two hours before the van going to our ship arrived. Absolutely NO heads-up from the hotel as far as what to expect with the shuttle service. Thankfully we only had to stay here one night before the cruise.... And hey, we only had to pay over $100 for the experience!

Not even budget-minded travelers would appreciate this place since there is no real "deal" to be had anywhere. They must get it right every now and then because they're still in business. My advice, pay a little more for a nicer place, spring for a taxi to the terminal and save yourself a lot of grief.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank JWR874
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012 via mobile

This place smelled awful and my gut was telling me to find another place. I didn't want to sit or touch anything but had no choice. I have been to other days inn and didn't expect this place to be so bad. The front desk was helpful. Upon checking out I told the front desk the floor had water all over it from the ac she said thank you and they wouldn't have known it if I hadn't told her. Kinda freaked me out because there should be someone checking there rooms. The bathroom had mold in the corners, the whole room smelled funny. The entire night I was itchy. I slept with the light on I was so paranoid. Thought it was from being in the sun and my skin was dry. We arrived home the next day and threw all our clothes in the washer immediately. I didn't think to put my luggage outside, wish I had. Two days later I woke up with 60 plus bites all over my body. I had them checked my a doctor and they said they are bug bites. I have not slept for three days. Worst 50 dollars spent ever! Don't stay here.

• Stayed May 2012
4 Thank dallastexasuptown
Salem, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

Called hotel at 11:30pm for pickup. Picked up 15 min later at agreed location. Check in took 5 min. Got exactly the room i wanted, quiet side of bldg right next to pool. Short walk to donut shop for snack and unwind. room had 2 queen beds..one for luggage. Room very clean. Buffet breakfast met expectations and plenty of seating. Free internet worked even poolside. pool real clean and great place to wait for shuttle to cruise terminal at 11:30. Front desk effecient and area very clean. We'll be back, nothing to complain about at all!!

Room Tip: reserve well in advance and recheck day before arrival. ask for back side of hotel near pool appear...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Parma, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

It was a nice hotel for one stay before the cruise. There is free shuttle to the cruiseport and back. Parking for your car for a small daily fee.

Room Tip: I found it very convenient for the cruise.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Singlescruiser
Springfield, mo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Our room was adequate. However, we were expecting a free shuttle from the airport. We waited for an hour or more, one couple waited far longer. Some never got the shuttle and had to take a cab. Hotel was 100% booked. We booked it for just the night before our cruise left. Other people who also did that indicated that their rooms were terrible, old, and looked as if it had not been rented for a long time. The breakfast room was so small you could hardly get in it. Minimal continental breakfast because it was so crowded.
I would not recommend the hotel even tho our stay was ok.
Free shuttle to the cruise port was also a long wait with multiple trips. We waited about an hour for that, as well but some waited longer than us.
I would just share a cab with others going to the cruise port and go when ever you want. However, cabs were all booked up also.
The cruise was, however, wonderful - Holland America to St. Thomas.
Happy Travels.
Elaine

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ElaineSpringfield_mo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Lauderdale
Ramada Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port
Ramada Fort Lauderdale Airport/C...
#78 of 135 in Fort Lauderdale
3.0 of 5 stars 1,719 reviews
Rodeway Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport Port Everglades Cruise Port
Rodeway Inn & Suites Fort Lauder...
#60 of 135 in Fort Lauderdale
Comfort Inn
#77 of 135 in Fort Lauderdale
3.5 of 5 stars 177 reviews
BEST WESTERN  Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port
BEST WESTERN Fort Lauderdale Ai...
#34 of 135 in Fort Lauderdale
4.0 of 5 stars 948 reviews

Been to Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport Cruise Port? Share your experiences!