“Great stop for Cruising Stop”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale Cypress Creek
Ranked #94 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great stop for Cruising Stop”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

All around good Hotel /Very Friendly staff for a few nights before going to the Port in Ft Lauderdale , It was Very clean & Comfortable and the Breakfast was just right , I will return to this Property on future visits to the Area

Room Tip: Good place to say the Night before catching up to your Cruise in Port Everglades
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank JMB-1952

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed November 15, 2013

La Quinta Inn & Suites
Fort Lauderdale Cypress Creek
999 West Cypress Creek Road
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33309
Phone: 1-954-491-7666
Fax: 1-954-491-7669

Stayed here for one night prior to Royal Princess Maiden Caribbean cruise. I found no issues that would cause me not to return. I certainly did not experience the dirty conditions one or two other reviewers have mentioned -- almost makes me wonder if the wrong La Quinta was being reviewed.

Rated for itself (i.e. a stand-alone evaluation), I give it four stars.

Rated in comparison to other La Quinta hotels where I have stayed (it is my regular chain, and I use a 10-point scale for this) I would give it a 7/10 as compared to other La Quinta properties. This must be taken as a subjective view, and to put it into perspective I also stay at one in Georgia fairly regularly where I'd give it a four-star rating as well as a stand-alone review, but would likely give it only a 5.5/10 as a La Quinta. There is nothing wrong with it at all save it is older and needs some repair. This is also the situation with the Cypress Creek establishment. And, as the clutter and kerfuffle would indicate, those renovations are presently in progress.

I arrived early, as I'd had an early flight into Fort Lauderdale, and the room was available for me at that time -- it was just barely past noon. A minor issue involving the pillows (I absolutely require a feather-free room) was resolved in less than ten minutes.

All personnel (front desk, housekeeping, breakfast service staff) with whom I interacted were polite and helpful, and all had pleasant and good-humoured personality.

The room was clean and all items were in good repair. The only major issue I noticed was a drainage problem with the sink. This was reported upon check-out and I presume addressed. The toilet also had a somewhat cantankerous flushing mechanism, but for one night was not a major issue to me and I reported this as well.

A part of the hotel was being renovated and that area was rather dusty, however other areas seemed to be well policed to control this issue.

The dining area was clean, and the staff there was both friendly and efficient.

Given the overall size of the building it would be considerably more convenient if each floor had a centrally-located ice machine.

The internet connection worked perfectly.

The only real inconvenience is that there is absolutely nothing handy to the area save a McDonald's and a Wendy's -- so if one wants to go to a store (even just a Wal-Mart or a pharmacy) a car is essential -- however, as a general rule, this is not at all uncommon in the U. S. A.

I would certainly return to this La Quinta again in future.

The one thing that did come up, and I presume has been corrected, is that the coffee is available 24 hours a day but I was not told this. In fact, it was not mentioned when I checked in, and more interestingly it was also not mentioned mid-evening when I stopped at the desk to ask where I might go to get some coffee – the Wendy's across the street was mentioned, but not the fact that there was coffee in the breakfast lounge.

Evidently this is a relatively new offering, and perhaps some staff is unaware of the change (but after three months . . . ?), or more likely the staff on the desk is not yet used to mentioning this available coffee. This is unfortunate, as one of my standing complaints about La Quinta is that it would be so easy for all of them with breakfast rooms to have 24-hour availability of coffee. Slowly this is appearing at various outlets, but it does help if the fact is actually mentioned. In this case the coffee was quite good, too – as I found out the next morning.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank RedMtl
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for something less expensive for a cruise... And yes this place is less expensive... However... Very poor quality and service. We requested an accessible room because my mother in law is in a wheelchair.. They had no such thing, but smelly ex smoking rooms available! Couch, carpets, walls, etc are extremely stained with I don't want to know what. Meh.. I guess take this review to think twice when looking for a place.. If you don't mind dirty everything, I guess this place is ok.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
buenos aires, argentina
Reviewed October 13, 2013

A drift. A nightmare. I booked a room with 2 double beds and instead we got one with a sofa and had no availability at time of check inn, both, the bed and the couch, had dirty sheets with hair and the bathroom had poop dog. No hygiene, cleanliness and maintenance of all facilities of the hotel, away from the attention of the front desk left a lot to be desired. Away from it all.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family