“Pleasant Stay at Fort Lauderdale”

Four Points by Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port
Ranked #59 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed February 19, 2014

A good and clean place to stay, especially for cruise passengers. We were able to get back from town to hotel by bus. Originally it was for one night, but we had to book an extra night, due to change of flight by Virgin America. Good and reasonable priced shuttle service to cruise terminal. Good breakfast, friendly and helpful staff (Greg & Jessica) although airport shuttle service could improve. Had it not been for Greg who was on duty that night, I would have to find other means to get to hotel, bearing in mind my flight from Los Angeles arrived late in the night. After three attempts calling the hotel, was I able to hop onto the shuttle to be taken to the hotel. Other hotels' shuttle service took care and stop to check if passengers are staying at their hotel. Again thanks Greg for insisting that the driver make another round to find us, probably miscommunication between Greg and the driver. But all ended well and we got to the hotel, tired but safe.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jessie C
COMEAL B, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Before I respond to your review. Greg and Jessica said to tell you Thank You for thinking so highly on there services to you. I would like to say that your review say it all when it comes to our Hot Contenital Breakfast,Great Customer Service,and Clean Suites. I did speak to Greg about the shuttle issue. He had mention that at the time of your request, the van was full with guest that called prior to your request, but when you called back the driver was at route to bring guest to our property, and then come back for you. We here at Comfort Suites try to go on and beyond for our guest. Over all I'm happy that your stay was great, and I hope you'll come and visit us again

Reviewed February 19, 2014

I booked the comfort suites at the beginning because other options were not available, but no regrets. Hotel has good installations, good modern rooms, free business center, free wifi, breakfast included. Its next to a CVS so I can get stuff I needed. I rented a car so doesnt use the shuttle. Free parking. Its a very good alternative for people looking for a place to stay before a cruise or doing business in Ft. Lauderdale on a budget.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank FARI_PTY
COMEAL B, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with others. It is so nice to hear that all went well during your stay.Our daily goal to provide all guests with the exceptional service they expect and deserve while staying with us. We value you as a past guests and hope to have you back with us real soon!

Warmest regards,

Comeal Bennett

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Our stay here was great! We were originally booked at a different hotel but did not stay there because it was awful!!! After a few hours of driving around to find accommodations, we found this hotel. It was perfect! Our room was extremely clean and up to date. Having a suite was an extra added bonus. The bed was very comfortable, the sitting area was cozy and comfortable, the bathroom was well lit and shower provided plenty of hot water, the refrigerator kept our food and drinks cold, and the air conditioning and heat (some nights were cool) worked perfectly! Tito, the front desk clerk was very efficient and very helpful with taking care of our reservation and making our stay an enjoyable one. He always greeted us with a hello and a smile when we passed the front desk each day. Our maid Edna, who cleaned our room for 6 days out of the 8 days we stayed, was a gem! Bed linens were changed every day, plenty of towels and toiletries were always placed in our room, and our room was left smelling fresh and clean! Free breakfast is offered every morning adjacent to the lobby. Plenty of fresh fruit, hot and cold beverages, sausage and eggs, cereals, danishes, bagels, toast, yogurts, and even homemade waffles! The staff is always refilling items and keeping food area clean! You even get a daily newspaper! There is an outdoor pool, fitness room, and laundry facilities which we did not use but were very clean and conveniently located. I strive on cleanliness and hospitality when staying away from home and I can HONESTLY say that this place rates a 10 on my list and it should on yours too! You will be extremely satisfied!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Joanne M
COMEAL B, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with others. We value your comments and appreciate you as a past guest. I will definitely share your kind words of compliment with our staff Tito and Edna. Our goal daily is to provide all our guests with the exceptional service they expect and deserve while staying with us. I am happy all went well with your stay. Thanks for commenting on our wonderful hot Breakfast, our Rooms and Staff.
We hope to have you back soon.

Comeal Bennett

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Stayed here for a night while in town for a wedding. We were getting in well before check in time and wanted an early check in which is part of being a Elite Diamond (when available). I spoke with I believe Pamela she was hard to understand. She was very rude and said check in time was 300, I explained to her I realized that, and I was asking to be placed on the list should a room be available. She again said check in time was 3PM, I asked for a manage and was told none was available.

Fortunately this was the only bad part of the trip. Upon arrival we called the shuttle and were picked up in about half an hour, we got to the hotel around 1130 and were granted an early check in, at this point the staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was a typical comfort suites with a nice view.

Breakfast was OK, not the best but hey it was included. I used points for this stay but heard from some other guest the price and it seemed a little hi.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Chris L
COMEAL B, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with others. We absolutely value you as a guest and your comments are important to us. It nice to hear that you were pleased upon arrival with our friendly and helpful staff. However, I am concerned about the fact that the staff that took the phone was not friendly and welcoming. Our goal is to provide all guests with a warm, friendly and welcoming atmosphere throughout their stay. To hear that we may have failed in providing you this service saddens me. I will share your concerns with the Team and action steps will be taken to ensure no other guest experience the same. Hope you will still consider staying with us.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

We selected this hotel because of the airport shuttle, complimentary breakfast and the ability to transport the group to the cruise terminal in the morning. The establishment did not disappoint on these points. Shuttle was prompt, breakfast offered hot dishes and the transport company the hotel used was outstanding. We purchased a package that took us to the cruise terminal and from the cruise terminal to the airport at the conclusion of the cruise. The hotel room left a lot to be desired. Very small room and high priced. Front desk personnel helped with all questions and was very friendly.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank Barbaradee1959
COMEAL B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

I would like to take this time out to Thank You for your review. We here @ Comfort Suites try very hard to give 100% great service. As you mention in your review. Breakfast,trasportation,cleanness,and staff our reasons why we have had so many repeated guest through out the years staying at our property. I'm very pleased that you enjoyed your stay

Reviewed February 12, 2014

I stayed in this hotel in December before leaving on a cruise. The hotel is very close to the port (about 5 minutes) but its not in a great neighborhood. Very few places to eat within walking distance and lots of homeless and street people in the area. Parking is good at this hotel.
Checkin was quick and Greg was very pleasant and helpful. The room I had was dated and actually very plain compared to some of the pictures I have seen of other rooms in the hotel.
Breakfast was typical hotel buffet style. The eggs were not good but the waffles were very good.
Checkout was quick and easy.
I would stay here again because of its proximity to Port Everglades

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Dan B

Reading your review brought a smile to my face,because you took the time since December 2013 to submit this review. I will start by saying that it is great to know that you will stay at our propery again. I am very pleased you realized that we are less than a mile in a half away from Port Everglades where all the cruise line depart from, but my main concern is when you speak about the eggs where "cold". I wish you would have said something to our Manager,or Front Desk Agent, because we are popular for our breakfast as well. I'm glad overall that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will visit our property soon.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

we stayed for one night before are cruise. the good things are: Staff were very friendly, Hotel very clean. Shuttle from airport to hotel free and very quick and effcient. Shuttle to cruise port $6.00 each and also very quick and efficent. Free breakfast is good . The not so good thinkgs are: Room airconditioners are really noisy you either don't get much sleep because it's too loud or because you turned it off and are too hot. It's a little pricey for a quick stay. we stayed at the back overlooking the partking lot and it was quiet. Overall it was good. We would stay there again

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with others. I will be sure and share with our entire Staff. While we celebrate the positive comments and appreciate them; I am sorry to hear that not all went well during your stay. To hear that your AC was noisy, we take all comments seriously and I assure you that we are taking steps to ensure these areas are being improved upon. We absolutely value you as a past guest and would certainly love to have you back with us in the future.