Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn
Ranked #50 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Phila, Pa
“OK”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Wanted a one night stay over pre cruise. Connections were good. Shutle free from airport, a few bucks to port. Warning: Ask for a room on the BACK of the hotel. Front facing rooms experience heavy traffic noise from a 6 lane thoroughfare right outside your window. .Room was clean enough. Jessica at front desk was nice.

Room Tip: Insist on a rear facing room. Front facing rooms experience heavy traffic noise and should be avoide...
3 Thank lermndo
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thanks for writing this review. I appreciate your comments about our shuttle servie, our cleanliness. Also, thanks for mentioning Jessica. I'll be sure she and her Manager see it. I wish we could put everyone on the east side of the hotel but, unfortunately, half of our rooms are on the other side. We do our best.
Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Close to the airport, free parking, restaurants very close by. I was able to check in early for no extra charge. My room was modern and clean, but my only complaint would be that it was not a suite, just a standard hotel room. It wasn't a big deal as I only needed a place to lay my head, but if you book a hotel expecting a suite with a sofa, extra room, etc and get a regular room, you might be disappointed. I've stayed in Comfort Suites in other cities that were much bigger than this one and were real suites.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank thejetsettergirl
Thanks for your review and for mentioning our great location and free parking. Choice Hotels refers to our "rooms" as suites. However, we actually do have 1-bedroom suites - of course, the rate is slightly higher - but they do have a separate bedroom and living room. Next time you visit us, I hope you'll ask for one of them.
Herriman, Utah
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Very good experience at the Comfort Suites airport cruise port FLL. We had a great time. Staff was very accommodating and Tedo was great for 4 couples that needed a room on the spot. Hotel was clean but its very busy. The only complaint we had was the traffic from the road. So if your a light sleeper then ask for a room away from the road. We would stay here again. Shuttle from airport free and shuttle from hotel to cruise port was only 8 $. Good luck
Oh ya one other thing . Their beds aren't so great either. They are like sleeping on a hide away bed.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
I'm so glad your unplanned stay with us was great. The advantage of being near the main road is that our guests don't need a car to find great restaurants and shops. Everything is in close proximity. I'm sorry you didn't like your bed - we have recently purchased new ones so I am curious to know what room you were in. Please contact me - ellen@comfortfll.com or 954-767-8700, Ext. 110. Also, our shuttle to the Port is $6 so I would like to know who charged you $8. The next time you plan a stay in Fort Lauderdale, please come back to stay with us.
Cooper City, Florida
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I want to commend this establishment on one of the best employees ever. His name is Greg and he works the Front Desk for the night shift. I did not stay at the hotel, however, I called there to check up on friends who were arriving for a cruise. They were coming in on Jan. 2, 2014 when there were so many flight delays and cancellations. Greg was obviously busy, but managed to help me to contact our friends.

Ten days later when I went to the hotel to pick up our friends for dinner, I had the pleasure of meeting Greg. He had a constant flow of guests needing assistance, the telephone to answer and maintained a calm, professional attitude in helping each one. His customer service is a welcome sight in this day and time. Thank you, Greg, for being such a wonderful representative of Comfort Suites.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Gege S
How nice of you to take the time to write a review even though you didn't stay here. We are very proud of Greg as we are about the rest of our staff. We really do have a wonderful group of people working here. I will be sure that both Greg and his Manager see this review. I hope that you'll stay with us the next time you are in Fort Lauderdale.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I was able to find a room online quickly after my flights had been canceled. I read several reviews about the hotel. All reviews stated Greg was remarkable. I wasn't disappointed when checking in. He was excellent in every way. He welcome us with a smile and offered assistance in selecting a restaurant nearby. His suggestion of Ernie's BBQ across the street. Great Caribbean BBQ food. The room we had was very roomy and clean on the 7th floor. Rooms are totally updated with carpet, dressers, flat scree tv's, sleeper sofas, microwave, & fridge. I absolutely loved the wall pictures and wall colors. Windows and doors aren't sound proof. You can total all hear everything going on in the hallway. Luckily I am a heavy sleeper so I didn't hear anything once I drifted off. Forgot to brag about the gift bag with great goodies for being a choice hotel privilege reward member. I also had a few problems logging on to the wifi. Greg walked me thru step by step until I was online. All while assisting other patrons. Greg is truly a wonderful help.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank littlesaks
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you for your great review. I'm so glad Greg was able to help you in so many ways. By the way, Ernie's is one of my favorite restaurants also. Thanks for your comments about our rooms - they really are very comfortable and well decorated. Thank you for being a Choice Privileges member - that's very special to us. I am happy you enjoyed your unplanned stay with us and hope you'll come back to Fort Lauderdale and visit us again.
Canada
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel after flight into Fort Lauderdale. Waited well over an hour and after three calls before shuttle showed up. Not very happy about that. However they compensated us well. Good place to stay, close to beach etc. Stayed again after our cruise was completed and needed a shuttle the following morning early to airport. They only have shuttles going on the hour. When it was mentioned to person at front desk, she said to complain about it on TripAdvisor. She then said that it was not her business or words to that effect and added that she was just the bookkeeper. We thought she need a few lessons in PR. We met a family of 6 on the shuttle who were very unhappy with the shuttle service as they too had waitined over an hour. The driver explained that he had the message but that the van was full. Looks to me like the hotel needs to provide better shuttle service if they want to be considered an excellent place to stay before and after trip. Otherwise the service was very good.

1 Thank famkeankie
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
We appreciate your taking the time to write this review. Needless to say, I am very concerned about your shuttle and staff comments and I do invite you to e-mail or call me (ellen@comfortfll.com or 954-767-8700 Ext. 110). I'd like to know the date and time you arrived. Also, I'd like to know who you spoke to at our Front Desk. As you can see from previous reviews, this is not the norm for us so I would like to be able to correct the situation right away. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention and I will look forward to hearing from you.
Yuba City, California
Reviewed January 17, 2014

When I got here to check in for our cruise, there was an issue at the desk with our reservation. Luckily I got Greg......who went out of his way to get everything cleared up, and I was in my room within 15 minutes! Beautiful room and great service! Thanks Greg!

2 Thank Betsy A
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thanks, Betsy for this nice review. I'll be sure Greg and his Manager see it. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. I hope you'll be back again.