“Comfortable stay at Comfort Suites”

Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn
Ranked #50 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Clarksburg, Maryland
“Comfortable stay at Comfort Suites”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Our stay got off to a rocky start when flight delays caused us to arrive at Fort Lauderdale airport after midnight. We call the hotel for the free shuttle...only to be informed there is no shuttle service offered after midnight. To be fair, it is in the fine print on the hotel webpage.

We spent one night before our cruise of of Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale.

The room was nice. the complimentary breakfast was the standard mostly cold buffet except for hot eggs. Nothing great, but what equivalent to what most hotels offer for free.
The shuttle to the cruise cost $6 a person, so not an unreasonable charge.

The hotel was under renovation. Only one elevator was working, so this was a bit of an inconvenience. We found out from others that the second elevator had been out of service for at least two weeks, so points deducted for that.

On the whole, our stay was fine and served our purpose of being close to the airport and the cruise port.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Bill R
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you, Bill, for your nice review of the Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port. Yes, our shuttle operates from 5 a.m. to midnight. I'm sorry you came in so late. The elevators are being completely upgraded - all new computers, etc. The next time you visit, you'll find 2 quick and efficient elevators. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you'll be back soon.
Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
Clinton, Maryland
Reviewed July 24, 2013

The hotel seemed to be in the process of renovating. However, the hotel was excellent! Great staff, great room, comfortable bed, and clean. On top of all of this you receive complimentary parking, complimentary breakfast and complimentary wireless internet. Also, within a .1 mile radius there was a CVS, Burger King, and Taco Bell. I will stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you, Charli, for such a nice review of our Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port. You mentioned all the great features that I always talk about - our great staff, clean comfortable rooms, free breakfast, wireless, parking and proximity to restaurants and shopping. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you'll be back to see us soon.
Concord, California
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

My spent two nights at this hotel before my cruise to Miami. As I was sitting in the lobby, there was a situation with one of the guest and Jessica at the front desk handled the issue with grace. Thank you Jessica for making my stay pleasant. The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. I will be back next year for my next cruise!

Lisa

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank all4u69_2002
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you, Lisa, for your nice review about our Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port. And thank you especially, for your lovely comments about our Front Desk Supervisor, Jessica. She really is an asset to this hotel and I have made a copy of your review and posted it so everyone can see it. You're right - the hotel is clean and our staff is great. We look forward to welcoming you next year.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I am always working so I have very few opportunities for travel. Unfortunately I booked my flight at last minute and the only hotel room available within my price range was this Comfort Suites. WOW. Was I impressed! I stayed at this exact hotel just 5 years ago and it was not a pleasant experience nor was it nicely decorated. However, this time around I was just shocked. The renovated bedrooms, bathrooms, and even the lobby looked great. The staff was so friendly and I was thankful for the free wifi. I hate staying at hotels that don't have free wifi. Anyway I highly recommend this hotel if you haven't stayed here before. If you're like me, and you stayed her pre-renovation, then I suggest you come back and give it another chance!

Room Tip: Higher floors have such a great view of the local Fort Lauderdale Area!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Mark B
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you, Mark, for such a nice review of the Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port. I am so pleased that you like all of our renovations. The owners have worked very hard to make this hotel the perfect hotel for a stay in Fort Lauderdale....and they continue to make improvements. Our wonderful staff, the wifi, breakfast and free parking are the icing on the cake. Please come back again.
Bell, Florida, United States
Reviewed July 17, 2013

As ever place could have there improvments are exsprince of staying in a motel more then a week we have found that the staff here are wounderful there respectfull and consiterit coudnt ask for better staff there rooms are nice and clean. Improvments they could change up the breakfeast meau a little and speed up the elavator a little but as ever motel has there ups and downs the staff makes up for there little downs
i would defflintly say here again and the lady with the bright blue eyes was verry verry nice .oh and they could put a grill area out for the familys

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you, Christina, for your very nice review of the Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. You are right - we have a wonderful staff and we are very proud of them. Especially blue-eyed Jessica, our Front Desk Supervisor. We also have a great Housekeeping staff that keeps our rooms very clean - and since you were here for a long time, you were able to really notice that. The breakfast items that we serve are controlled by Choice Hotels; however, we do alternate the meat. The elevators are being changed so next time you'll notice a big difference. Thanks again for this nice review and come back soon.
Lake Mary, Florida
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We were gathering family members from Texas, Virginia and Florida for an anniversary cruise and this hotel is excellently located to the airport and cruise port. It was a pleasure to coordinate arrangements with Ellen Serra . The hotel is undergoing some refurbishment but all of our rooms were recently updated and quite adequate. The hotel does have free shuttle service to the airport and reasonably priced service to the cruise port. There are a number of restaurants within reasonable walking distance. The breakfast was quite nice and adequate. Highest complements go to two of the front desk staff, Tito and Sharell,who provided invaluable service and support as one of our families experienced airport weather delays that stretched over two days. We will certainly stay at this hotel the next time we are in the Ft. Lauderdale area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you, Jim, for writing such a nice review about the Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port. I will make sure that Tito and Sharell see it. Thanks for mentioning our shuttle service, our great breakfast, this awesome location and, of course, our staff. I hope to see you back here soon.
bend,OR
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Our 1st night, we had a room on the road side of the hotel and the road noise was LOUD, I could not fall asleep. Requested a room change and were switched to the parking lot side, it was not as loud, but not great. You could hear people beeping their vehicle locks, shutting trunks, talking loudly etc... The hallway noise was horrible as well, people unloading luggage hit our door with their bags at 4am which woke me up. The hotel was nice, the staff was super helpful but the noise level would keep me from staying here again.

Room Tip: Pool was small, but fine. Mosquitos at the pool were in full force at dusk, so be aware.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thanks for your review. I apologize for the noise from our other guests. You must have been here on a very busy night. We have a pest control company that sprays the pool area regularly; however, we have had an unusual amount of rain which, of course, helps to increase the mosquito population. I am glad you found the hotel nice and that you appreciated the helpful staff. I hope you’ll change your mind and come back here to stay. You are welcome to call me, personally, to make your reservation.