“Very nice hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #48 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Oviedo, Florida
“Very nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

You can tell the hotel has gone through a recent renovation. The decor was very modern and the room furniture and carpet was very new. The front desk staff was very nice at check in and check out and the rooms were clean and comfortable (although they were a little small). My only complaint was that the parking lot was small, but I personally never had an issue finding a parking spot, and the breakfast area was very crowded which forced us to go to Burger King across the street. Although I did not get a chance to spend time in the pool, it looked very nice and inviting. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sandra1028
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you, Sandra, for your nice review about our Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port. I have a feeling you were here during the Tumbling competition and it was quite unusual for us to have so many people with cars. I do apologize for the inconvenience - it really isn't our "norm". We also have many families here for the competition so we did have a lot of people in the Breakfast Room. However, I'm glad you enjoyed the clean, comfortable room and our friendly staff. Please come back to visit the Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port on your next visit to sunny Fort Lauderdale.
Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

There are plenty of good hotels at the same or even cheaper prices nearby.
Upon arriving there was not a hope of finding a parking spot, the parking lot is undersized for the size of the hotel and many of the spots are taken within trailers and buses for shuttles to the cruise port.
The hotel seems old with an attempt to put on a new coat of paint, on the surface it looks fine, but the linens and bedding were C rate and the mattress was horrible and lumpy. I have been of mattresses on very old sleeper couches that were better than the one I slept on here.

The staff was a bit short too. I went into the lobby at around 6:55 and looked at the breakfast area and was scolded that breakfast was not until 7 and get out. Really, I can't look at what breakfast was going to be, I just went to Mc Donald's instead of putting with more attitude.

Really, got to the several nice hotels around the corner on 17th St and the rates will be comparable.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ellenkarin, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
We receive such praise for our hotel and our staff that your comments took me by surprise. It is unusual for us to have a crowded parking lot but we just had a large event at the Convention Center and most of the participants drove here. I don’t know if you spoke to our Front Desk staff about the issues you mentioned as they are not “the norm” for us. I would like to chat with you and welcome you to either call me at 954-767-8700, Extension 110 or send me an e-mail to ellen@comfortfll.com.
Canton, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

We were promptly picked up from the airport and arrived at the hotel. Front desk was very nice and helpful. We stayed for 5 days Monday -Friday. The shuttle service was great taking everyone to the convention center whenever anyone needed to go and picking us up. They had a wonderful pool that my girls enjoyed swimming in, it also had different colored lights at night and music to listen to while swimming. The breakfast was wonderful eggs, ham, sausage, waffle maker, plus other breakfast items. There are resturants with in walking distance and a CVS close too. We did not have a car while we stayed, so we walked or took the trolly. Our room was clean and fresh. They even helped with printing out our boarding tickets to fly home, because i was having trouble with the computers in the lobby.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of the Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port. We loved having all the Tumblers here. Everyone was so much fun. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate you mentioning our great pool, helpful staff, delicious breakfast and clean rooms. We all hope you'll "tumble" back here next year and that you'll choose the Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port once again.
Granite City, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed here 2 days before our cruise and was welcomed by a very friendly, polite and courteous Jessica. Stayed in a suite which was really roomy and comfortable (since there were 5 of us) and the air worked great. The hot breakfast tasted great and helps if you are on a budget. It is really close to the cruise port and a lot of restaurants and shops in walking distance, even a CVS next door. I also got to meet Ellen while there, which was a pleasure. Thanks for your help
Ellen & Jessica.
Minnie

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MinnieMc57
ellenkarin, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Minnie, it really was a pleasure to meet you. Thanks so much for writing this review. You mentioned all the things that I always say - great staff, nice rooms, terrific breakfast and the best location in the area. Please come back to see us soon.
Irapuato, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

His name is TITO (Jose Jurado) , he real help us and give us ,good rate and we extend our stay for 3 nights more,and when we return for a long driving trip from Jacksonville and San Augustin ,we decide to arrive againg there, and have the luck to find him . So againg stay for an other night more , but now at this time with my son and his wife.,so use 2 rooms.
He introduce to us with Jessica a pretty color girl ,with hers blue eyes ,that work also at font desk , and she also was real great ,she give us a fine treatment ,like a relatives of her.
Let me tell you some thing, The most important for a Hotel is" the guest ". and the proprietary of this concessionaired hotel, have the right people working with him, people like this will be a great future managers. I´m a man with many years of experience and I don´t believed stay incorrect.Do not hesitate in contact me for more details. appreciated your interesting in this.

Room Tip: only the elevator crazy, he decide if go up or down. was funny.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
What a nice review you wrote. Thank you so much. Especially for the lovely compliments for Tito and Jessica. We are really so proud of them. You're right - customer service is most important and we have an incredible staff. You comment on the elevator made me smile - but I assure you we are having it worked on. Next time you come, they will know which way to go. Thank you again.
Mossyrock, Washington, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

The hotel is an older one but appears to be going through a remodel to update its' appearance. The complimentary breakfast had lots of variety; even though I wasn't able to get flavored creamer for my coffee the drug store next door had it!!!! Above all, the first person we came into contact with (Sharell) was not only extremely pleasant but took our immediate need for a room to heart. We had flown all night and arrived at the hotel at 7:30 a.m. - hours before check in. Sharell made sure we could get into our room by 10:00 a.m. and we were able to get some well needed rest before spending time and money in the area economy.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ellenkarin, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thanks for your nice review. I'm so glad Sharell was able to help you get your well-needed rest when you arrived. Yes, we do have a great variety on our breakfast buffet. Unfortunately, flavored cream isn't an "approved" item but since we have CVS Pharmacy right next door, I'm glad you were able to find some. I hope we'll see you back here sometime in the near future.
Midwest CIty, OK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel while attending a nearby conference. We weren't in the room except to sleep and it was just what we wanted. Room was clean, the air conditioner was cold and the bed was comfortable. The hotel decor is a little dated and I swear the elevators knew when I was running late but I'd stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ellenkarin, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thanks for the nice review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. Yes, our rooms are clean and as cool as you want them to be. We enjoyed having your meeting participants at the hotel. I hope you'll come back some time - maybe before a cruise out of Port Everglades?