“Great People, Great Location and Comfortable”

Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn
Ranked #50 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Great People, Great Location and Comfortable”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I spent 5 nights here and was impressed with the outstanding customer service and the staff's outgoing attitude to do everything possible in order to insure the best stay and experience for me and other guests. The overall service and positive attitude exceeded my expectations. A couple of the "standouts" (staff) include Jessica and Cameron and many others.

Room Tip: One bedroom suites are spacious and very nice. Some road noise on one side of the building
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jan20132731
ellenkarin, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
What a nice way to start my week. Thank you for this nice review. I have made sure that Jessica and Cameron see it as well. We're very proud of our staff and we appreciate you commenting on their positive attitude. Please come back to stay with us again.
Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
Port of Spain, Trinidad
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Stayed here for the first time and the experience was indeed wonderful. All the staff interacted well with us and assisted in arranging transport for us to visit other areas in Florida.
I found the rooms to be clean, spacious and well arranged.
I shall be cruising again and I will surely choose this hotel because I was very happy with their overall treatment.
Raj
Trinidad & Tobago

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

ellenkarin, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you, Raj - What a nice review. I'm so glad our staff was able to assist you with your arrangements. We will look forward to seeing you here again.
Homosassa, Florida
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was our second time at this hotel. We used this facility for the park and cruise convenience. Arrived at 3:05PM but the room was not ready. Waited in a very small crowded lobby for an hour to finally get into the room. Found the room very clean but was disapointed with the bed. We expected a king and instead found a "small" queen that really felt like a "double". Spent a sleepless night on a very uncomfortable mattress. Breakfast the next morning was very minimal with many items not available because they ran out of food the day before. Found the shuttle service was overbooked so we had to take a taxi back from the terminal and discovered that it was actually cheaper than the shuttle! We will look for a different location when taking our next cruise.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Saints2
I'm sorry you were disappointed during your last visit. The shuttle to and from the port is a service we offer but we certainly don't require our guests to take advantage of it. We are always willing to call a taxi for our guests. If you e-mail me your name and date of stay, I can check to see what type of room you booked and what we provided and I would certainly like to check on the bed in the room you stayed in.
We are always busy on the nights before and after cruises because of our great location - close to the port, airport and about 20 restaurants. I'm sorry you had to wait in the lobby.
I hope you'll reconsider and come back to give us another chance. Call me, personally, to book your room.
Winnipeg
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This property is older and has been updated quite nicely. Very clean although the room colors are an odd bright blue. I would stay again as the shuttle service from the airport and to the cruise line are very good. Breakfast nice too. But I would not pay more than a 100 bucks a night even though it is a port hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for port view.
1 Thank 220pinkflamingo
Thank you for your nice review. Our color scheme is "tropical" since we're a pre-cruise hotel. I'm glad that the shuttle service worked well for you. We try very hard to make sure that the company we work with provides good service to our guests. And I'm glad you enjoyed our extensive breakfast buffet. I hope we'll see you here the next time you cruise out of Fort Lauderdale.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Comfortable rooms, nicely decorated. Prompt assistance upon arrival and we were able to get early check in. Very good front desk customer service. Quiet room.

This was our stop off before returning home from our cruise. We would stay here again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pamela D
ellenkarin, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you, Pamela, for the nice review. We really are very proud of our staff and I know they go out of their way to please our guests. Next time you cruise out of Fort Lauderdale, I hope you'll stay with us both prior to your cruise and upon your return.
Thanks again.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed here for a one night for a park and stay for port in Jan. I was very disappointed with hotel, location, breakfast, front desk and transfers.
1. hotel is in a crapy area, was very leery to leave our car for six nights in this un guarded very open park in lot.
2. old hotel bedding old not comfortable.
3. Hotel ran out of most the breakfast foods laid out by 8:30 am
4. Night manager was down out rude and un helpful
5. Transfers to ship were not guarantied even with a pre booked park and stay booking,
Sign up was first come sign up as you check in?? We drove and got to hotel 10:30 and shuttle times were full until 1 pm? But check out is 11 am?
Shuttle pick ups at port were full? Sorry get a cab ?
Not what was advertised at all, and after a paying 8 per (plus tip ) for the drop off ,
I find out a cab would have been cheaper!! Our pick up back to hotel via cab was 9.70 total plus tip
Rip off . For what we paid I would have been better to pay port secured parking and found a cheaper hotel in save area.

Room Tip: Non to give
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
ellenkarin, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Thank you for your review. I will try to respond –
1. Our hotel is in the airport/port area. It’s a busy area with lots of restaurants and shops including a 24-hour CVS Pharmacy right next door. There are lots of hotels in the area and it is considered quite safe and quite upscale.
2.Our hotel has just completed a 100% renovation and everything is new so your comment about the bed surprises me.
3.Our staff continuously replenishes the breakfast but sometimes it is extremely busy and it does take time.
4.I would appreciate the name of the person you mention or the date you stayed here so I can check the schedule and speak to the person that was working.
5.We do not pre-book our guests on the shuttle to the port as everyone has a different preference. We allow our guests to choose their time. Did you ask for a later check-out? I’m sure we would have accommodated you.
6.Our shuttle company does offer the option of pre-booking the return shuttle and all you have to do is call them when you’re ready to come back and they have your name on the list.
7. Our shuttle to the port is only $6 per person – tip is optional. We do not require that you use our shuttle service. The Front Desk staff is always happy to call a taxi for our guests.
8.Parking at the Port is $15 per day.
I wish you had talked to one of our Managers before you left the hotel. We are very proud of our newly renovated hotel, our staff and service – so reading your comments is a disappointment to me. I welcome you to call me at 954-767-8700 or e-mail me at ellen@comfortfll.com to discuss this further.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I was in town for a few days and chose to stay at this property. I normally always stay at Choice Hotels so it was good to be back in a familiar property. I liked how this property was set up and I liked how nice the staff was. The room was nice and clean and the lobby area was well decorated and clean as well.

The hotel is very close to the airport and Port Everglades. Lots of restaurants close by as well as night life. Also this is one of the few choice properties that recognizes Choice Privilege Diamond members with a gift bag. That is a plus in my book.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank 247HardWorker
ellenkarin, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for your nice review. You're right - there are about 25 - 30 restaurants in the area - from fast food to fine dining. Lots of variety. And Choice Privileges members are very important to us - we greet them all with a special "goody bag". I'm really glad you enjoyed your stay and hope we'll see you back here soon.