“Great choice”

Ranked #50 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Bahia, Brazil
“Great choice”
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

We got for a pre-cruise and it was more than our expectations !!!!!!! We arrived late and the receptionist was very fast and polite. The room is big and very clean. The bed is very soft, perfect when you come straight from a long trip!!!!

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank LauraDedino
ellenkarin, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you, Laura, for writing this nice review. Please tell all your friends in Brazil that this is the best place to stay in Fort Lauderdale - especially before a cruise. I hope you'll come back to see us again.

Obrigada,
Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Our room was very nice, the staff was wonderful and always smiling, Staff was always helpful and our room very clean. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. Very close to cruise docks and shipping docks. Lots of restaurants close by

Room Tip: We stayed on the 6th floor in a non-smoking room. Outside pool is very nice, Supplies shampoos, lot...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank nangemba
Thank you so much. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay and you have just verified all the features that I keep writing about - our staff, location, cleanliness etc. Thank you for taking the time to write this. Please come back to see us again.

Ellen Serra
Director of Sales & Marketing.
Coral Springs, Florida, United States
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Very nice people who attended me during my sales training seminar. The room was clean and had all the ammenities I needed. Staff was quick to response to any request. The coffee was ready and the place was quiet so our training could go uninterrupted.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ernesto C
ellenkarin, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you, Ernesto, for this nice review. It was a pleasure working with you and I hope you will choose us again the next time you have a training in Fort Lauderdale.

Best regards,
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

This place claims to "renovated". I guess slapping paint over bad wall repairs and laying new carpet is considered renovated. A child could finger paint better then the job that was done. The room I stayed in had musty odor and the ac unit was rusty and old. The door to the room was not plumb or square (hung poorly) and light entered it all around the door.
The staff is just "ghetto" (of all races) to say it in a single word.
More then once a crackhead female who was obviously a cheap Escort was coming and going past the front desk, the woman clerk didn't even have a care or question this person where she was going at 1am. So safety is not a concern at this place. When I left the room I took all my electronics and valuables with me. It wasn't my choice to stay here, my jobs travel liaison made the reservation.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank lifesavr65
ellenkarin, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Needless to say, your review has me very concerned. I would appreciate it if you would e-mail or call me. ellen@comfortfll.com or 954-767-8700 Ext. 110. I would like to know the room number you stayed in and also the date so I can check what employee(s) were working. At midnight our Front Door automatically locks so any person who is walking in our lobby at 1 a.m. would be a guest since they need a key to get in. As far as security is concerned, we have not had a single theft in this hotel for almost 2 years. As you can see from previous reviews, the majority of our guests have been extremely pleased with our staff and our renovation. I would like to research your room and the staff working during your stay so I hope you will contact me. I would like to follow up on this.
colorado
Reviewed August 10, 2012

This hotel has been completely renovated and all rooms have new carpeting and furniture and large desktop tv's, the rooms are clean, bed very comfortable, a/c works fine and that is great in Florida, the staff at this hotel continues to improve year after year and are responsive and friendly, reservations are never screwed up as this can be a problem, parking is convenient and during the summer months are right by the front door, the breakfast is typical of Comfort Inns and other hotels, pool was very clean. My only criticism would be that in the breakfast room there was lound music playing, the tv sound going and mix that with the people and I would say cut off the music and all would be fine. So, overall I will be returning

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Stanley H
ellenkarin, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thanks for this great review. I know this is the second time you've reviewed us on Trip Advisor and this one shows all the improvements we've worked so hard on. Especially our staff. I have noted the comment about the music in the breakfast room and we'll work on that. I hope you'll be back again soon.
venice,fl
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I've stayed here before, like the hotel, recently remodeled, staff is good, clean place, but, evening service is poor, asked for a replacement of coffee pot that was broken and a set of towells that i didn't recieve during the day ( clean set) and was told, sure, come on down and get them at 8 pm in the evening, i was not ready to get make that trip to the front desk after settling down for the evening, also, the doors slam hard here, why can't they fix the doors with some type of hydraulics so they don't slam, the pool is great, staff great but a few rough edges remain, i would ot avoid this place but i hope they attend to fhe fine points

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank steve j
ellenkarin, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear Steve -
Thank you for your review. Please can you e-mail or call me (ellen@comfortfll.com or 954-767-8700, Ext. 110). I would like to know the date(s) of your stay so that I can find out who cleaned your room and who worked at the Front Desk that evening. We would like to address your comments with the appropriate staff. Providing excellent service is a priority to us. Also, I have forwarded your suggestion about the doors to our Maintenance Department. Other than that, I'm glad you like the hotel - our renovations, our staff, the pool and the cleanliness - all are very important.
North Georgia
Reviewed July 30, 2012

This hotel is OK for a short stay--it is more designed for people staying one night--then catching a cruise ship. We stayed two nights to attend an event in Miami at the football stadium, which is about 15 miles away, the hotel was fine. The beds were clean and comfortable and the room was clean and adequate. The free breakfast was better than most places (eggs, ham, yogurt, waffles, toast, and cereal). It is only about 8 miles to the beach, so easy driving there. We enjoyed the outdoor pool, which was heated even in July, to just the right temp.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Stephanie B
ellenkarin, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thanks for this review. You're right - we are perfect for a stay before or after a cruise because we're so close to Port Everglades. I'm glad you found the room clean and, I agree with you about the breakfast - we offer a pretty full and varied buffet. Thanks again for taking the time to write the review and please come back to see us again soon.