“Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port”

Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn
Ranked #50 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Mililani, Hawaii
“Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We were a group of 12 for a pre cruise nite's stay at this hotel. Its an old hotel, but has been recently refurbished. It was perfect for our needs after having arrived on a long flight from Hawaii. I found the hotel on line and was very fortunate to telephonically meet Ellen Sera, Director of Sales. She made personalized group arrangements/reservations at a TERRIFIC rate and arranged for pick up from the airport-hotel (all arrived at different times). 15th Street Fisheries Restaurant was recommended for dinner. The hotel shuttle took the group to and from the restaurant at a nominal flat rate...convenient door to door service and less than cab fare! It was a delicious meal with a fantastic table on the patio overlooking the water. There is a FULL HOT breakfast with a very good selection of items. Ellen also arranged for the hotel shuttle to take the group to the pier to join the cruise @ $5/person. The group was very pleased with the outstanding and pleasant service from Ellen, the shuttle drivers, reception and dining staffs. The hotel was very clean, had very affordable rates, and great amenities. Should we join or end another cruise in Ft Lauderdale in the future, we will certainly stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
ellenkarin, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Aloha to you and mahalo for such a nice review. I enjoyed working with you and meeting all of your group members. What a great group. We really appreciate this nice review and I hope that some time in the not too distant future, you will once again sail out of Fort Lauderdale. Otherwise, maybe I'll get to Hawaii again and will see you there this time.
With much aloha,
Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I am a diamond member with choice hotels so I've stayed almost 300 nights in the past 12 months. When I find a great location/value in a certain hotel, I must share it. This comfort suites is just perfect for a visit to ft. Lauderdale, whether its for your vacation or just a stop off bebefore boarding a cruise, you won't be disappointed! The rooms are quality rooms, but the real value to this place is its staff, services, and location. The beach is 2 miles, airport is 2 miles, hard rock seminole casino is 7 miles, and the cruise port is only a few miles away. Their breakfast is great and the manager Jose does a knock out job keeping his hotel and staff running exceptionally. I definitley reccomend that you stay here...Henry Perfilio

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
ellenkarin, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Dear Henry -
What a nice treat it was for me to read this review today. Thank you so much for all of your kind words. I have passed your comments along to Jose and have posted it on the staff bulletin board so that everyone can read it. Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
Come back soon.
Pembroke Pines, Florida
Reviewed May 22, 2012

There are so many great things about this hotel. The location is great, the rooms are top notch, comfy beds, flat screen TV, very spacious and free breakfast! I would have been happy with that, but it gets better. The front desk service was so nice. The Director of Sales, Ellen Serra, helped me and she is professional, nice and just a beautiful individual. I travel a lot for business and pleasure and this has been the best hotel in Fort Lauderdale. I will be BACK!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
ellenkarin, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Thank you so much, Laura. What a nice compliment. We always enjoy having you here at our hotel and it was very kind of you to write this review. Come back soon.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Consistently, this hotel is the best and most affordable place to stay in Ft. Lauderdale. Staff are helpful and accommodating. Rooms are very clean.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
ellenkarin, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Thank you, Randi, for your nice review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. Please come back again.
Reviewed May 15, 2012 via mobile

I booked the hotel last minute before a flight. The location was good because it was close to the airport. It was a cheap price so I wasnt expecting much and it exceeded my expectations considering. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, nice flat screen tv and the bathroom was nice. I was shocked to get such a bargain! If you are looking for somewhere to say that is cheap yet comfortable and want a continental breakfast, this is your spot. I'd book here again.

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank Ceegee17
ellenkarin, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Thank you for such nice words. I appreciate that you took the time to write this review. We're so proud of our newly-renovated hotel. Please come back to stay again.
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed May 11, 2012

We stayed at this hotel the night before a cruise - which seems to be a fairly common use for this hotel. It was booked for my wife and I by our travel agent as part of our travel plans to/from our cruise. After it was booked, I did read a lot of negative reviews about this hotel, but I wasn't too worried because a) I was impressed that a member of the hotel staff was actively responding to the concerns raised in the reviews, and b) the ratings were overall improving. In the end, it was definitely not a perfect stay, but it wasn't the terrible experience that some previous posters have complained about.

Some of the main highs and lows of our stay:

1) The shuttle from the airport was a bit of a fiasco, as we had not been told that we needed to call the hotel on arrival to get the shuttle to come get us. Just about every other hotel that I've stayed at has a regularly running shuttle during daylight hours that you can just go to the shuttle stand and wait for, and it comes on its own on a regular schedule. And in fact, it seems that many of the local hotels had this kind of shuttle, as shuttles for several other area hotels kept coming while we waited... and waited... and waited. Finally I called the hotel (grumble grumble international roaming charges on my cell phone), and the person who answered (I think her name was Jennifer or Jessica) was a bit rude about telling me that we were supposed to call the hotel to order the shuttle. Once we did that, the shuttle still took quite a while to come get us. Then when we got to the hotel, I unfortunately realized that I had no US currency handy, and so I couldn't tip the driver - and he and his buddy (another shuttle driver who was just standing around for some reason) starting making loud, snarky comments about "Wow, not even a tip, what's wrong with people today." Yeah, THAT attitude make we want to go through the extra effort of finding my US cash and tipping him.

2) On the plus side, checkin was fine, and when I met Jennifer/Jessica she was a lot nicer in person than she had been on the phone.

3) The room was quite pleasant. Comfortable and modern, nicely decorated. The blinds were fine, although there was definitely a more than typical amount of light that leaked in through the bottom of the door. To the point that it kept my wife awake until she took some pillows and put them against the door to block the light.

4) The wifi was a bit flaky. We were on the 4th floor but we got a stronger signal from the 5th floor wifi than the 4th, for some reason.

5) I have no complaints at all about the breakfast buffet. To some hotels a "continental breakfast" is just pastries and toast, but this hotel had decent eggs and breakfast meats as well as a make-your-own-waffle station.

6) It was a bit annoying that the default check-out was 11am and that they could not tell us the night before if we could get a late check-out or not. When we asked for it, they told us to come back early in the morning to see if we could get one or not. Which, to me, defeats the purpose - if I have to get up early to ask if I can sleep in, I'm no longer sleeping in. :)

7) The shuttle from the hotel to the cruise port was perfect. Friendly driver, punctual service, nice ride. And I tipped the driver well. :)

So all in all, not a perfect stay, but not terrible either. Key points for improvement would be the airport shuttle (or at least the communicaiton about how to get it), the gap under the door, and some phone manners.

Thanks,
Andrew from Canada

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Andrew G
Thank you for your review. Regarding the shuttle, by law no shuttles are permitted to circle the airport. They can only come into the airport to actually pick up or drop off passengers. Our guests must call us to request the shuttle. That's when we tell people where to go to wait for it and then we dispatch the driver.
Regarding the driver's attitude, the owner of the shuttle company that we contract with would like to know when you arrived (date and time) so he can see who was working that day. He would like to address the attitude you described with that individual. You can send that information to me at ellen@comfortfll.com.
Late check-out is something we cannot confirm until that particular day. It depends on our volume of arrivals and departures that day.
All-in-all, it sounds like you enjoyed your stay and I appreciate the nice comments.
Temple Hills, Maryland, United States
Reviewed May 8, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel, clean and comfortable. Jessica Thigpen was awesome; she is the best. We arrived on an emergency trip and I could not ask for anyone to be more helpful than she was with us. I can honestly say she is a great asset to your company.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
ellenkarin, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Thank you, Irene, for such a nice review. I have printed a copy for Jessica and for her Supervisor. We're pretty proud of her. I hope you'll be back to visit us soon.