“Very Comfortable”

Ranked #50 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Winnipeg
“Very Comfortable”
Reviewed March 28, 2012 via mobile

My family stayed here for 2 nights very well kept,nice location,great breakfast,very clean rooms. Now we have stayed in many places
I'm giving this place above average because there wasn't to much to complain about. As we showed up 1130 and were helped right away , I would say they need more staff at night . The pool was clean , and breakfast was vg it was very busy the 2 mornings we were there. I would come back here

Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Harderbunch5
ellenkarin, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Thank you for such a nice review. I love your "above average" rating. Please tell your friends about us and I hope you'll come back soon. Again, thank you.
Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Stayed for a few days. The hotel was under some renovations, new paint m things. I wasn't too bothered by it since I was out most of the time. The front desk person in the evening was very nice and helpful. However they never replaced a broken iron that I requested several times. Overall good stay!

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Luffy47
Thank you for your nice review. Clean rooms and friendly staff is what we pride ourselves in. I'm sorry about the iron - no excuse for that and I'll follow up with our staff. Please come back to visit us.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 28, 2012

This hotel has free airport pickup, took them some time to get to airport but not bad, only stated one night left on cruise the next day. Room felt unclean and we were uncomfortable, carpet looked soiled, breakfast was ok, would not stay there again!

Room Tip: Do your homework, picked this hotel because it is close to the port, web site looked good,next time...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Dennis M
I am so sorry you were not pleased with your stay. I am concerned because, as you can read in other reviews, we have just put in brand new carpets in January and our Housekeeping staff works very hard to make sure all guests get a very clean room. Since I don't know your name or the date you stayed, I can't check on the room you were in. If you wish, you may call me to talk about it.
Ellen Serra
Director of Sales & Marketing.
Charleston, SC
Reviewed March 27, 2012

My family has stayed at this hotel 3 times now, when cruising out of Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. We get the suite for handicap accessible use. They have taken care of us and serve a nice breakfast. If check-in is not available yet, they can lock luggage up in safe location until check-in is available. They also provide a shuttle to and from the terminal. Port is not far from the hotel at all. Not too many places to eat within walking distance. Taco Bell and another restaurant across the street. We walk about 3-4 blocks for Outback. CVS Drugs is just down a block or so. We will be back!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank MomMartin
Thank you so much for this review. I am happy you were pleased with everything and look forward to welcoming you back for your 4th stay. Please don't hesitate to ask for me if there is anything you need.
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed March 24, 2012

This was the filthiest hotel we have stayed in for our entire lives. The bath/shower was covered with mud and the front desk lady didn't care. After the free hotel shuttle did not arrive after 45 minutes, our group took a taxi. I would caution anyone traveling here to catch a cruise ship not to stay in this hotel. There are many other choices in this city. Another guest told us they changed rooms 5 times before finding one they could stand. I have stayed in $39 hotels years ago that were cleaner and this room was $199. BEWARE We were with another couple and the hotel responded to their Terrible review that they were under construction which I would have to say is a lie as there was no sign of any type on construction work being conducted. This is just a filthy hotel.

Room Tip: Book at another hotel
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Bob M
Of course your review disturbed me. You were here in February when we WERE under construction. We made every effort to make sure our guests did not see or hear it which is why you didn't see anything going on. From the bathtub photo, I would say that was construction silt which came up into some of the tubs - we put in all new bathtubs. I'm sure the Front Desk staff would have moved you to another room if we had one available. I don't know whether your asked about it. As you can see from many other reviews, we are an extremely clean property and EVERYTHING is new. I apologize for your experience and do hope you will visit us again. You are welcome to call me, personally, to make your reservation.
Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed March 21, 2012

We had to utilize a hotel close to Broward General during my husband's recent hospital stay. 3/5 on and off until 3/21. Being from out of town and unfamilar with the city and without my own transportation early on in my stay, I have to say this hotel was a lifesaver for me. The shuttle to and from the hotel was prompt and courtious. The front desk staff was friendly and went out of their way to help and make us comfortable. There is a CVS right next door and many quick eats within walking distance. The rooms were clean and modern. Rooms have a microwave, mini-fridge and a huge flat screen TV. Parking can be little cramped, but as cruise ship hub...that is to be expected. I would highly recommend this location.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your nice review. I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your compliments on our staff and our brand new rooms - especially our 42" flat screen TVs. I hope you will return - but not for the same reason. Come back before you take a cruise.
Ellen Serra
Director of Sales & Marketing.
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed March 18, 2012

The Tripadvisor rating scale goes from "Average" to "Very Good". I believe this place is better than average, so I would say "Good", but I can't since it doesn't exist.

My wife and I stayed here for several days in February 2012. It is an older hotel, but the room we stayed in had a good bed and was well appointed with a desk, armoire, microwave and fridge. We got a decent rate by booking on the website, although when the weekend hit we stayed longer than our reservation and the rate went up. We did, however, manage to get a better rate than what was published.

They include a hot breakfast and, surprisingly, the small dining center wasn't too crowded. This is a very busy hotel due to the number of people going on cruises. The only real complaint is that our room was in the back - you think this would be a good thing - right next to the laundry and delivery area. So, a little noisy. Ask if your room is next to the laundry area.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gringgo
ellenkarin, Director of Sales at Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
Thank you for your nice review. It's too bad you didn't get to see our new furniture. We no longer have those clumsy armoires- every room has a closet now and brand new furniture - as well as 42" flat screen TVs. Our Laundry Room is on the first floor where there are no sleeping rooms so I am somewhat perplexed by your comment about the laundry. Please call me when you are ready to make your next reservation. Thank you again.