Stopping to see our aging parents after a business trip to Santiago, Chile, we were looking for a convenient hotel between Miami Beach and Coconut Creek. My only criteria was that it needed to be near the beach. Being that this was not a vacation, we were looking for value as well as location.
We couldn't have been more pleased with our selection. The hotel is actually individually owned apartments and timeshares that are rented out. We stayed in a Junior suite that provided us a bedroom and adjoining living room (although not separated with a door). That area has a microwave, cooktop and small refrig. if you wanted to cook. Walking distance to many restaurants.
The hotel, which has only recently been opened, has higher end decorating than we would have expected for a Hilton. The views from our room included both the ocean as well as the Intercoastal. But the best part was the excellent sound proofing between rooms. Not until the last day (we stayed 6 nights) did we realize that we had 2 year old twins next door. The parents apologized profusely for the early morning wake-ups but we assured them we didn't hear a thing! If you want ocean front, you will have noise from the 1A1. Mid-way back provides excellent views. The W is next door and there was an outdoor wedding that kept the noise level high if you were on the balcony, but once you closed the hurricane doors, quiet prevailed.
The staff is gracious and helpful. The security is exceptional (not that the area needs it) but there are a lot of elder visitors staying there before cruises and the security guards makes sure they are where they want to be. The parking attendants couldn't have been more upbeat, helpful and courteous.
The pool on the 6th floor is adequate in size and the pool staff works hard to provide you with chaise loungers if at all possible (the deck is somewhat small given the size of the hotel). The beach is right across the street.
Our only complain would be that the restaurant needs help. The wait staff were great, the decor is nice and the food value is exceptional. If only the food tasted better! We talked to the food manager so hopefully that will be worked on soon.
All in all, a welcoming, comfortable hotel right in the center of things that, at least in November, was an exceptional value. I'd highly recommend it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort is your home away from home providing comfortable and spacious condo-style accommodations which are newly updated and boasts granite countertops and flat screen TVs. Savor the magnificent views of the Atlantic Ocean and the Intracostal Waterway and experience the fun and excitement of the famed Fort Lauderdale Beach. Relax on the sundeck while enjoying views of the ocean, soak away stress in the oversized hot tub, and sip a tropical cocktail at the pool bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Ft Lauderdale Beach Resort