Quite a mix of reviews here. My experience was not the best. I exchanged here as we had a week we had to use before September and I had a conference in Ft. Lauderdale. The unit I was in was a limited kitchen. I've been in better hotel rooms! The entry to the room was at this weird angle that made it very narrow and difficult to enter with any luggage or backpack. With the door open all the way one shoulder touched the door, the other the wall so we are talking maybe 2 feet wide! There were no real chairs to speak of in the room. A tiny table by the window and two kitchen chairs. No comfortable chairs to sit and read or relax in. The furniture is old, well actually the whole place is old! Two rickety old elevators for a high rise? You could fit maybe 4 or 5 people in them and thats without luggage. If someone had a luggage cart in there you had to wait for the next one or take the hot smelly staircase. The biggest problem with this facility is that there is NO INTERNET in the rooms! You had to go to the lobby in order to access the internet! The killer was that there was a wireless router right in my room! The desk clerk told me that they had it in all the rooms at one time but they had such problems with the provider that they just dropped it and have it only in the lobby. Come guys, this is the 21st Century and even Super 8 has wireless internet available to their guests! Oh, and here's a good one. The room had one of those doors that you could open to the next unit to make the adjacent suite larger and of course I had the Bickersons in the next suite. I could hear the woman nagging her husband every evening. Who needs reality TV shows with going on right next door! Then you could hear them using the bathroom every time they used it, if you know what I mean! Yes it is close to the beach but it's just not worth it. The neighborhood is just fine, very old tyme Florida! The beach is very well groomed and plenty of great people watching! They must have been hard up when they hired some of the front desk staff. They got the job done but where a bit on the crabby side at times. The fitness center is a total joke. It's not fit for anything actually!!! The equipment is ready to fall apart, half the dumb bells are missing, and no workout bench! The rooms also have some sort of detector that knows when a person is in there. The air conditioning will only operate when a human body is in the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort is your home away from home providing comfortable and spacious condo-style accommodations which are newly updated and boasts granite countertops and flat screen TVs. Savor the magnificent views of the Atlantic Ocean and the Intracostal Waterway and experience the fun and excitement of the famed Fort Lauderdale Beach. Relax on the sundeck while enjoying views of the ocean, soak away stress in the oversized hot tub, and sip a tropical cocktail at the pool bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Otel, TravelUp, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Ft Lauderdale Beach Resort