“economical getaway”

Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I was looking for a room to sleep in with my family and be able to make breakfast every morning with out spending a fortune.
The hotel is a time sharing company that rents out the rooms that are vacant and not used by there time sharing clients. Nothing fancy, but clean! our room had the smell of fresh paint and it would seem the hotel in general was well keped.
The nice thing, it is in the middle of all the action, located one block away from the beach and a easy walk and also ample amount of parking for there guest. We never use the pool ( I prefer the ocean ) but from our room I could see it and it look clean and had long chairs all around it. Also has a small hot tub on a terase with lots of long chairs for the sun seakers.
THIS IS NOT THE RITZ, but I would not hesitate to recommend a friend on a budget there.
One more thing, I loved the Murphy bed that popped out of the wall it accommodated our family of 3 very well.

Room Tip: upper floors if possible
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Nickintinos

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Resort is nice but could use an update. It is very clean and the furnishings are nice. Great location as well. My only complaint is the two small elevators don't seem to be able to keep up with the traffic. There is a third hidden elevator that is used mostly by staff that we managed to find which helped a lot. Especially since the door of it opens right in front of the pool. The lady that checked us in was a little rude because my father was talking at the same time that she was trying to talk and she got annoyed with him but the staff that cleans and the staff art the bar are amazing. We did ask for an extra blanket that never came and the matresses on the beds are a little hard.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank 207melissa
Reviewed May 21, 2014

We had lots of fun everything is a walk away beach is so close. they have a happy hour at the bar by the pool great staff will help you all you have to do is ask.The place needs a little up date but we enjoyed it and I will come back.

Room Tip: I loved the view on the 10th floor. The bed was nice and comfortable . the kitchen was fully stocked...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Elizabeth C
Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

The four of us stayed here precruise.It is very close to the port of Miami. Has a lovely little pool and bar area out front. There is also a a little restaurant there. They serve various foods and free breakfast! The hotel is directly across the street from the ocean with many restaurants and clubs along this area. Definitely would stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Shirley592
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We stayed in a 1 br 1.5 ba ocean view room on the 17th floor for 8 days and 7 nights. My parents were about to lose their timeshare, so they let us use a week. We only had to pay $300.00 for the entire stay. The resort is literally 1 block away from the beach. It was so, so fun. The first day we got there we went to the local Publix to buy groceries. We made breakfast and lunch at the hotel every day.

When the timeshare people try to talk to you you should accept the "breakfast meeting". The breakfast is not very good, but they give you a 100 dollar gift card for listening to them for a half an hour. The resort is very close to a mall, and in that mall is my very favorite restaurant of all time, The Capital Grille. Our $100 gift card was spent well on an amazing steak and lobster mac and cheese.

As far as decor of the hotel...Let's just say Golden Girls and leave it at that. The hotel can definitely use an upgrade, but 300 for an entire week was more than worth it. Everything is clean, just not as trendy as I prefer. It's what you make of it right?

This resort is only a 10 minute walk or 4 dollar cab ride to the gay beach, Sebastian Beach. There are also several gay resorts around the area that let you enjoy their bar and pool at no extra charge. We went to Sebastian Beach almost every day. It was lovely. This resort is also pretty close to the gay night scene too. I think our cabs to Georgie's alibi was only like 12 bucks.

We had a great time here, and will definitely be back someday.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Robby S
Reviewed May 10, 2014

We received this as a gift thru a time share exchange from my boss so I feel bad writing anything negative as it was "free" for us. As other travellers have mentioned the studio isn't something you want to stay in for any period of time. We got a room on the 16th floor overlooking the bay which was beautiful but couldn't entirely enjoy as there is no balcony on studio units and the windows only open a few inches. Unfortunately we slept thru all of the sunsets as we pretty much stayed on pacific time :). Check-in was quick and painless although getting a parking pass requires talking to guest services.. Guest services tried to hand us free gift cards and free lunch in exchange for an hour of our time, I politely refused but that didn't stop them from leaving pamphlets in our door for 3 days and even a couple phone calls to our room. I don't want a timeshare or any sort of vacation sold to me while I'm on vacation and this kind of selling drives me nuts and is the reason I will never buy one.
The "Studio" was really a hotel room with a two burner hot plate. The kitchenette was tiny, placed in a 3' wide hallway at the entry door. It had zero counter space, not even enough room to set a small plate and the sink too small to wash a frying pan. A smoke detector placed about 5' down the confined hall went off 3 times while boiling or frying eggs!
The king size bed was comfortable but used up the majority of the space leaving a little room along the window for a small table and 2 chairs. A single door between us and the next unit (allowing our unit to be used as a second bedroom I suppose) was sealed poorly and conversations and theatrics next door were heard as clear as day. Furnishings were clean, comfortable but dated.
We didn't use the pool or hot tub at all although I did notice it is out of the sun for the better part of the day.
Overall I wouldn't put this past a 3 star resort and I won't be staying in the studio again. I did glance into some of the bedroom units on departure and noticed they are considerably more spacious.

Room Tip: Studio is ok if your expecting a hotel room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Erik D
Reviewed May 3, 2014

My husband and I stayed for 3 days for a romantic getaway and it was nice but not worth how much we spent. Service was nice and the room was spacious but the bathroom fan was not working the entire time we were there, the shower leaked, and the first night the alarm clock went off at 1am and scared me and woke us both up. My husband could not get back to sleep after so he lost almost an entire night of sleep over it. Breakfast was included in our package and was okay but we were not planning on having to pay tip for a waitress everyday. I wish we would have known that our included breakfast was going to cost us tip everyday and a significant one at that. We later went to Illios for happy hour and the slidders that we ordered were terrible! We could not even identify the meat in one of them. Although, S3 had wonderful food. The lamb chops were one the best things I have ever tasted. Unfortunately, my husband's food came out 10 minutes or so before mine did. He tried to wait for mine but I didn't want his to get cold and the plates aren't very big. That was our nice dinner out and we didn't really get to eat together which was disappointing. Overall, beautiful place and everyone we met was nice but I had higher expectations.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple