We stayed in a 1 br 1.5 ba ocean view room on the 17th floor for 8 days and 7 nights. My parents were about to lose their timeshare, so they let us use a week. We only had to pay $300.00 for the entire stay. The resort is literally 1 block away from the beach. It was so, so fun. The first day we got there we went to the local Publix to buy groceries. We made breakfast and lunch at the hotel every day.
When the timeshare people try to talk to you you should accept the "breakfast meeting". The breakfast is not very good, but they give you a 100 dollar gift card for listening to them for a half an hour. The resort is very close to a mall, and in that mall is my very favorite restaurant of all time, The Capital Grille. Our $100 gift card was spent well on an amazing steak and lobster mac and cheese.
As far as decor of the hotel...Let's just say Golden Girls and leave it at that. The hotel can definitely use an upgrade, but 300 for an entire week was more than worth it. Everything is clean, just not as trendy as I prefer. It's what you make of it right?
This resort is only a 10 minute walk or 4 dollar cab ride to the gay beach, Sebastian Beach. There are also several gay resorts around the area that let you enjoy their bar and pool at no extra charge. We went to Sebastian Beach almost every day. It was lovely. This resort is also pretty close to the gay night scene too. I think our cabs to Georgie's alibi was only like 12 bucks.
We had a great time here, and will definitely be back someday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort is your home away from home providing comfortable and spacious condo-style accommodations which are newly updated and boasts granite countertops and flat screen TVs. Savor the magnificent views of the Atlantic Ocean and the Intracostal Waterway and experience the fun and excitement of the famed Fort Lauderdale Beach. Relax on the sundeck while enjoying views of the ocean, soak away stress in the oversized hot tub, and sip a tropical cocktail at the pool bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Booking.com, Otel, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Ft Lauderdale Beach Resort