“Wonderful Stay”

Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Conveniently located 1 short block from the beach, very nice place to stay with kids, heated pool, clean condo, kitchen was well stocked with pots/pans, dishes etc. Lots of eatery within the same block including a 24 hr pizza place, Subway & Thai restaurant. Also a 7/11 within half block. If you care for ocean view, be careful......not all rooms have it also anything lower than 7/8 floor might have obstructed view.

Room Tip: 8th floor or above
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ahmeds11

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Our stay at the Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort was great. The room (1 bedroom deluxe) was huge. The kitchen came well equipped, the generous sized oven, microwave fridge and even dishwasher were all really useful. The standard of cleanliness was a good one. The room was slightly dated but that wasn't a huge concern for us. The walk in wardrobe provided ample space for our belongings and the two bathrooms worked well for my husband and I to have one each. Location was great, with a 24hour pizza place in the corner of the street and bars a plenty. Would definetly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank janeymadone
Reviewed October 26, 2013

This is the first time I have ever writen a review. I was a little upset reading some of the negative reviews about this resort. We spent 4 wks last Feb @ this resort and we're going back this winter for 5 wks. Pls believe me when I say that everyone here, without exception, go out of their way to make you feel welcome. Last winter my husband was hospitalized twice during our vacation. Everyone was very concerned as to how he was feeling. Every day when we came off the elevator Mike inquired about my husband. Ella even offered to drive me home from the hospital. My husband is on dialysis 3 days week and every time I saw Ramona,as busy as she is,she stopped to ask about Sammy. I'm not even going into how great the resort is. I just want everyone to know that from the resort to the staff, this resort is the best! Ann Siegel

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Patches918
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Wow...another great experience at ft lauderdale beach resort. Everyone is so friendly and kind in this establishment. Mike simera, the resorts concierge will give you the shirt off his back to ensure a perfect vacation. John, the owner of the pool bar will make you sample drinks until your hearts content. FBR is 150 yards to the beach. Ocean front view is unreal. Catch some rays on your balcony while the ships stroll by. You can't go wrong here. See you in February!

Room Tip: The one bedroom with bath is plenty of room for you and your significant other. The 2 bedroom w/ Mur...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mikeandkellpgh
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I was very happy with out visit to this resort. After reading the reviews, I was nervous as I was taking my others along with me. The unit was clean and well stocked with kitchen needs. The linens were fresh, The furniture was in great condition - especially the mattresses. I slept very good. Of course the view of the Ocean is best, but the view west was nice too. I checked it out. Pool was clean, nice chairs with pads. Pool towels were bad - like a large kitchen towel that was dried too long. The pool bar was open once the weather was decent, but, I do believe the restaurant is closed now. Check in went OK, but the guy could have used some help, but he kept it moving. Elevators x 2 were clean, and new walls. They moved pretty good, but are small. So, check out we and others did have to wait at times. Also, if you look at the south end of your floor, you will find another elevator that is useable. There were signs for an ice machine. I did find where it used to be, but it is no longer there! Bottom line - I would go back!

Room Tip: The Ocean view is great, but the view to the west is very nice. On the eight floor there was a grea...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank WashPA0214
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Beautiful hotel, great room, great view, very friendly staff! We were there Labor day weekend, so the only issue was that it was very crowded, tons of kids, even so, we were able to get chairs and an umbrella at the beach. We had an issue with kids next door banging on our door, we called the front desk and they took care of it right away. We received a nice email from the manager they day after we left. We stayed at 3 Marriotts on our Florida trip and this was our favorite. We only stayed one night, but it was nice. Only small, small complaint was we paid for an ocean view, which we got, but we were on the 2nd floor, I would have preferred a higher floor, but I never asked and I know they were busy.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Debbie P
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I am actually in my room right now 510. I will start by saying I am not at all impressed with my stay. The service here is horrible. I am glad that I don't have to talk to them much because every time I need anything I rather stick needless in my eyes then ask somebody here for anything. When I checked in I felt as if I was bothering the older gentleman that was having a conversation with somebody else in the back room. I asked about the parking I asked about check out times since we were hungry I asked about a nice family place to go eat. I got 3 one word answers. Didn't help so I just ended up googling it on my phone. Later that day I asked about the pool I was pointed in the way of the pool(wow really). The next morning I ordered "room service" what a joke that is since I was told that nobody could bring me room service since they were busy(one girl waiting tables one register guy period in the kitchen and one guy just standing there) and they must have been so busy with the 1 table that actually had people I have since totally ignored anybody that works here. Today it's been 6 days since I checked in. I wanted to go do the laundry so I went and asked the two men behind the counter first answer was "downstairs" I also asked about the deterrent if there was a machine there the guy said "yes" I went downstairs and ooohhh in the midst of his flirting with the two girls at the counter he neglected to give me the code to get in. Back up the stairs to get the code I went. Finally got in and surprise no detergent anywhere to be found. The maids and the cleaning crew were great maybe they should be moved to welcome guests. I will finish this off by saying that I have never felt less welcomed at a hotel then I have felt here so this will be my second and last stay here... ps. $3 for morning coffee was a joke actually took at picture of the sign and sent it to friends as a joke since its a machine that brews the coffee... for $3 give new a barista or something.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Migs1979
FLBR_909, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Thank you for submitting your review. I am sorry to hear about the service that you have received. We are in the business of hospitality. Providing excellent service is very important to us and it appears that we have fallen short of this. If we truly have provided poor service, then we deserve a bad review for it. We are looking into the service issues mentioned in your review and I have talked with the resort staff about providing excellent service to all of our guests.

Kind Regards,