“HOME AWAY FROM HOME”

West Hartford, Connecticut
“HOME AWAY FROM HOME”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

This is the first time I have ever writen a review. I was a little upset reading some of the negative reviews about this resort. We spent 4 wks last Feb @ this resort and we're going back this winter for 5 wks. Pls believe me when I say that everyone here, without exception, go out of their way to make you feel welcome. Last winter my husband was hospitalized twice during our vacation. Everyone was very concerned as to how he was feeling. Every day when we came off the elevator Mike inquired about my husband. Ella even offered to drive me home from the hospital. My husband is on dialysis 3 days week and every time I saw Ramona,as busy as she is,she stopped to ask about Sammy. I'm not even going into how great the resort is. I just want everyone to know that from the resort to the staff, this resort is the best! Ann Siegel

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Patches918

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Wow...another great experience at ft lauderdale beach resort. Everyone is so friendly and kind in this establishment. Mike simera, the resorts concierge will give you the shirt off his back to ensure a perfect vacation. John, the owner of the pool bar will make you sample drinks until your hearts content. FBR is 150 yards to the beach. Ocean front view is unreal. Catch some rays on your balcony while the ships stroll by. You can't go wrong here. See you in February!

Room Tip: The one bedroom with bath is plenty of room for you and your significant other. The 2 bedroom w/ Mur...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mikeandkellpgh
Washington, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I was very happy with out visit to this resort. After reading the reviews, I was nervous as I was taking my others along with me. The unit was clean and well stocked with kitchen needs. The linens were fresh, The furniture was in great condition - especially the mattresses. I slept very good. Of course the view of the Ocean is best, but the view west was nice too. I checked it out. Pool was clean, nice chairs with pads. Pool towels were bad - like a large kitchen towel that was dried too long. The pool bar was open once the weather was decent, but, I do believe the restaurant is closed now. Check in went OK, but the guy could have used some help, but he kept it moving. Elevators x 2 were clean, and new walls. They moved pretty good, but are small. So, check out we and others did have to wait at times. Also, if you look at the south end of your floor, you will find another elevator that is useable. There were signs for an ice machine. I did find where it used to be, but it is no longer there! Bottom line - I would go back!

Room Tip: The Ocean view is great, but the view to the west is very nice. On the eight floor there was a grea...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank WashPA0214
Cathedral City, California, United States
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Beautiful hotel, great room, great view, very friendly staff! We were there Labor day weekend, so the only issue was that it was very crowded, tons of kids, even so, we were able to get chairs and an umbrella at the beach. We had an issue with kids next door banging on our door, we called the front desk and they took care of it right away. We received a nice email from the manager they day after we left. We stayed at 3 Marriotts on our Florida trip and this was our favorite. We only stayed one night, but it was nice. Only small, small complaint was we paid for an ocean view, which we got, but we were on the 2nd floor, I would have preferred a higher floor, but I never asked and I know they were busy.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Debbie P
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I am actually in my room right now 510. I will start by saying I am not at all impressed with my stay. The service here is horrible. I am glad that I don't have to talk to them much because every time I need anything I rather stick needless in my eyes then ask somebody here for anything. When I checked in I felt as if I was bothering the older gentleman that was having a conversation with somebody else in the back room. I asked about the parking I asked about check out times since we were hungry I asked about a nice family place to go eat. I got 3 one word answers. Didn't help so I just ended up googling it on my phone. Later that day I asked about the pool I was pointed in the way of the pool(wow really). The next morning I ordered "room service" what a joke that is since I was told that nobody could bring me room service since they were busy(one girl waiting tables one register guy period in the kitchen and one guy just standing there) and they must have been so busy with the 1 table that actually had people I have since totally ignored anybody that works here. Today it's been 6 days since I checked in. I wanted to go do the laundry so I went and asked the two men behind the counter first answer was "downstairs" I also asked about the deterrent if there was a machine there the guy said "yes" I went downstairs and ooohhh in the midst of his flirting with the two girls at the counter he neglected to give me the code to get in. Back up the stairs to get the code I went. Finally got in and surprise no detergent anywhere to be found. The maids and the cleaning crew were great maybe they should be moved to welcome guests. I will finish this off by saying that I have never felt less welcomed at a hotel then I have felt here so this will be my second and last stay here... ps. $3 for morning coffee was a joke actually took at picture of the sign and sent it to friends as a joke since its a machine that brews the coffee... for $3 give new a barista or something.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Migs1979
FLBR_909, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for submitting your review. I am sorry to hear about the service that you have received. We are in the business of hospitality. Providing excellent service is very important to us and it appears that we have fallen short of this. If we truly have provided poor service, then we deserve a bad review for it. We are looking into the service issues mentioned in your review and I have talked with the resort staff about providing excellent service to all of our guests.

Kind Regards,

Evan Spivack
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Me and my boyfriende stayed here for a week in July 2013.

It's a good place near everything in fort lauderdale, but it is not a resort, its old.

+ Near the beach
+Nice and clean room
+Easy to check in and to check out
+ Good resturant Trulucks near by

- the pool is not nice, very very small and to much people in it
-only 2 elevetors so you will wait a while

I will not book this hotel again but it's pretty nice if you dont need anything special. If you go, please go and eat on Trulucks, its only a 5 min walk and we had the most romantic dinner there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Linda G
Richmond, VA
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Waited a bit late to get a good place to stay but never dreamed that housekeeping would be the best thing about this place! Management leaves a lot to be desired. No pool rules are enforced and unruly guests are not asked to cease dangerous, rude behavior. One large family ruined the time we had to sun and be poolside because their kids (3) were jumping in the shallow end for hours. Both front desk and "pool guard/bartender" refused to ask them to stop. Then Evan Spivak, the resort manager, also refused to intervene. Guests were afraid to get involved when they saw nothing was done. Parking issues were brushed aside by the explanation that non-compliant cars were not towed until after 10 Pm which means non- guests come and enjoy what my family paid for! Get it together!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank winniezpoo
FLBR_909, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for submitting your review about the Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. We are glad to see that you gave us high ratings for our rooms and cleanliness but we apologize that you had an unpleasant experience at the pool. Upon receiving your complaint, we took it very serious and observed the situation. Please understand that we do not allow disruptive behavior at the pool. We did not find the kids' behavior to be dangerous, rude, or disruptive. I, Evan Spivack, did talk with the mother of the kids and she did agree to be more attentive with her children. As you know, kids are young and playful. They enjoy jumping in the water and having fun. The kids were not diving and were keeping a considerate distance from other guests in the pool. We did not observe other guests at the pool to be annoyed by the children. All we can say is that we are sorry that the kids were causing an unpleasant experience for you. We are a vacation resort and we have to let kids play... as long as they are playing safely. About parking, we do tow vehicles when needed regardless of the time of day.

Best Regards,