“Was not disappointed!!!!”

Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
Reviewed September 11, 2011

I had concerns due to the fact that seveal years back I stayed at a beach resort in Ormond thru an RCI exchange and I still have the bad memories of the horrible room and horrific experience with the timeshare representer with all his gold and obnoxious salesman rude bad behavior. Another time we just walked out a beach hotel, again in the Daytona area for it was so bad.
This Resort I was pleasantly surprised how nice it was kept,the rooms and the resort. I had a one bedroom for my son and I and this worked well for the two of us. He stayed on the Murphy bed in living area. I had the master with the king size bed. The only downside is they would not upgrade my room to a higher floor ocean . The people at checkin on friday not friendly or informative and needed to kick up their custermer service anout 20 notches. The person a blond female who was there during the week was excettionly pleasant and professional and willing to help you. The person on nights ..must of woke his sorry butt up and was useless in helping me figure out my wireless. WHen I went to desk next day got the paper work of which service to tap into for wireless for there were many coming up on the screen!! Now how come the threesome at the desk could not of given that to me this at the day of check in...hmm to busy chatting.....
The area is perfect for you are down the road from the beach and plenty of places to eat. A supermarket down the road on Sunrise for the option to buy food and eat in for you have a kitchen. The Mall is also close if you want to do some shopping. The Riverwalk and Olas Blvd is also not far and to the south.
The timeshare folks did a soft touch approach, made clear my husband home due to hurricane Irene in NY, so that helped. I would of liked to have more info on checkin since there was not any in room and then I would of not had to make several call's or inquirys at the desk. There is no housekeeping and that worked for us.
The swimming pool and area is small but it was down season so I lucked out and in am it was quiet !!!!!
Will come back if I have the opportunity and price is right with family!
Maybe next time I will be lucky and I will be able to get oean view. When you live in the suburbs and on a lake when you travel you want to be in place just as nice or nicer!!!!!

3  Thank BARBARA H

Reviewed September 10, 2011

dissapointed with this property because we went with our timeshare company so was expecting a better standard. The rooms are not bad but are dated and we had a one bedroom appartment which was cramped for the five of us. We were not able to upgrade and this was expressed by the very unplesant members of staff that work on the front desk of this establishment. People skills need seriously addressing. There is laundry facilliy in the basement which was good, and there is a pool. We had a rear view apartment which at night was very very pleasant. And the hotel is very close to the beach but it is situated at the rough end of the strip - all the decent resturants etc are located at the other end. The worse thing about this place is the lack of space and the rude staff. If your not fussy then this place is fine but if your looking for something a little nicer look elsewhere. We were here for a week and did not experience a cleaning service once. It was clean enough when we arrived but had to do a lot of cleaning ourselves.

Room Tip: get 2 bed appartment if more than 4 people
2  Thank sheila v
Reviewed September 8, 2011

We did 1 week on a timeshare exchange. Had a 2 bedroom and it was very spacious. Could comfortably sleep 6 and still had room on the sofa bed for 2 more, but probably would have been cramped. Staff was very pleasant and helpful. Rooms were very clean. No maid service for the week. Check in/out was very smooth. Biggest complaint would be the beds are VERY hard and uncomfortable.
Beach is only 1 block away -- not real far, but next time I'll try to get closer. Pizza place on corner & the Parrot bar were close, reasonalbly priced and food was quite good.
Overall nice stay.

1  Thank djohns
Reviewed August 18, 2011

We've stayed at many timeshare resorts in the past and this one is NOT worthy of the resort title. Great location & short walking distance from the beach. Looked a bit dated in lobby areas. Front desk staff wasn't friendly & unproffessional. We witnessed one staff member hang up on a customer who had questions about late check-in policies. We checked in at 4:30 but our rm wasn't ready so we were told to walk around (we had our luggage).
We stayed in a newly remodeled efficiency unit on 15th fl & was pleasantly surprised by both the rm & the view of the causeway, it was beautiful. Doorway is very narrow even for the thinnest person. Disappointed that we had a mini fridge especially since we had a stove top & microwave. The bed was extremely uncomfortable (went shopping for egg crate) & sleeping in late may be difficult for light
sleepers as "the resort" is under construction.
We called housekeeping for an extra pillow & blanked since we only had 3 pillows on our bed & blanket were paper thin. They brought up a fresh set of towels on Wed w/o us asking :)
The so-called spa was only open 1 out of the 7 days of our stay. We ate at the on-site Restaurant "Michael's" twice & had upset stomachs both times. I guess that's why they were always empty & closed early (7:30-ish) every night. Everyone seemed to walk to the restaurants along the beach. The swimming pool was small, unattended & was in the shade after 3:00 pm ;but who goes to FL to swim in a pool? The hot tub was nice but the deck area
was covered with germy looking turf.
We had problems w/ noisy neighbors & called front desk @ 3:00 am but no one answered. Ended up going downstairs to the lobby to make complaint. Wasn't happy when I found the front desk attendant absent. After returning to my floor I found him coming out of a room with two female guests :/
I would compare the "resort" to a Residence Inn. If you plan to totally hang on the beach then this is the resort for you. If you're looking for amenities then try the Hilton down the street.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Large, comfortable & clean. Large, roomy kitchen, well stocked. Pool is a little on the small side, but live band and bar by the pool. One block to the beach, great restaurants on the way and Yo Mama's ice cream was delicious. Only draw backs: 4pm check in and very strict with the 10am check out, will charge for a late checkout, even 12pm and had to take own towels downstairs to exchange them.

4  Thank Mary M
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Had a great time! Everyone very courteous and helpful. Food was great especially "Big Louie's". We will go back for many years to come.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jeannie0817
Reviewed August 7, 2011

I've been coming to this building since I was 7 years old. I'm 33 now and brought my wife and sons this year. I hadn't been to the property in 4-5 years, but it's in good shape - better than last time I visited. Our room had been recently remodeled and was very comfortable and up-to-date. If you like the beach, it's a great location...a quick block away. Elevators were much speedier than on my last stay. My only complaint is the pool. This has always been a complaint. It's small. Officially -- I read it on the sign by the pool -- it has a capacity of 9 people. I really hope that they'll do something about it eventually. Additionally, three of the four nights we were there, the pool closed early due to "human waste" issues. Come on, people - PUT A SWIM DIAPER ON YOUR KIDS IF THEY AREN'T POTTY-TRAINED!