I had concerns due to the fact that seveal years back I stayed at a beach resort in Ormond thru an RCI exchange and I still have the bad memories of the horrible room and horrific experience with the timeshare representer with all his gold and obnoxious salesman rude bad behavior. Another time we just walked out a beach hotel, again in the Daytona area for it was so bad.
This Resort I was pleasantly surprised how nice it was kept,the rooms and the resort. I had a one bedroom for my son and I and this worked well for the two of us. He stayed on the Murphy bed in living area. I had the master with the king size bed. The only downside is they would not upgrade my room to a higher floor ocean . The people at checkin on friday not friendly or informative and needed to kick up their custermer service anout 20 notches. The person a blond female who was there during the week was excettionly pleasant and professional and willing to help you. The person on nights ..must of woke his sorry butt up and was useless in helping me figure out my wireless. WHen I went to desk next day got the paper work of which service to tap into for wireless for there were many coming up on the screen!! Now how come the threesome at the desk could not of given that to me this at the day of check in...hmm to busy chatting.....
The area is perfect for you are down the road from the beach and plenty of places to eat. A supermarket down the road on Sunrise for the option to buy food and eat in for you have a kitchen. The Mall is also close if you want to do some shopping. The Riverwalk and Olas Blvd is also not far and to the south.
The timeshare folks did a soft touch approach, made clear my husband home due to hurricane Irene in NY, so that helped. I would of liked to have more info on checkin since there was not any in room and then I would of not had to make several call's or inquirys at the desk. There is no housekeeping and that worked for us.
The swimming pool and area is small but it was down season so I lucked out and in am it was quiet !!!!!
Will come back if I have the opportunity and price is right with family!
Maybe next time I will be lucky and I will be able to get oean view. When you live in the suburbs and on a lake when you travel you want to be in place just as nice or nicer!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort is your home away from home providing comfortable and spacious condo-style accommodations which are newly updated and boasts granite countertops and flat screen TVs. Savor the magnificent views of the Atlantic Ocean and the Intracostal Waterway and experience the fun and excitement of the famed Fort Lauderdale Beach. Relax on the sundeck while enjoying views of the ocean, soak away stress in the oversized hot tub, and sip a tropical cocktail at the pool bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Ft Lauderdale Beach Resort