“Great Town..........Great Beach.........Great Price”

Florida Beach Hotels
Ranked #100 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We have stayed in Lauderdale By The Sea two times now. It is very hard to find a Hotel right on the Beach and Lauderdale Beachside is inches from the Beach.. Great King size bead..... Great Palm Tree pictures and Ocean view ....... . The Beach has new WHiTE sand and the Sunrise is amazing. The Town Square has a Block party on Friday nights. Stage and great live music under the stars. Plenty of Restaurants and Bars for your entertainment. We walked to Town for breakfast and Dinners. The walk is a memorable quiet 1/4 of a mile. The Pool is very nice and offers a Snack Bar. There is a Tiki Bar poolside that is re opening and that will be a big plus for drinks and fun. There is a Dunkin Donut and Publix grocery store and Italian Restaurant with great pizza near by. We will be returning next year for 7 days. Renee and John were very helpful. The Property has new owners and are giving it a face lift. See you next year.

Room Tip: We liked the building on the Beach....Higher level for the view. There is an elevator.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dennis G
Andrew S, General Manager at Florida Beach Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Hello,

Thank you for writing a review on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay as well as the festivities and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

My husband and I had booked a cruise out of Port Everglades and were looking for a place to stay prior to leaving on the beach. We found this hotel through Trip Advisor and thought we'd give it a try based on some positive reviews we read.
The hotel is an older building and is a little run down. Since it is right on the beach you will find rust on some of the fixtures and doors, worn carpets and upholstery but the room appeared to be clean.
It is a basic room with no frills but I think this is reflected in the price.If you are expecting luxury do not book this hotel.
I did enjoy the location as the room we booked was actually beachfront.
This is not a fancy hotel but if you are looking for a basic beachfront hotel for a couple of days it might fill the bill.

Room Tip: beachfront building is worth the extra money
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jan M
Andrew S, General Manager at Florida Beach Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Hello,

Thank you for writing a review on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the location. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Have A Great Day

Reviewed February 18, 2014

We came to attend and write about a music festival but our stay at the Lauderdale Beachside Hotel – By The Sea was the worst hotel we have ever been to.
On arriving at 5pm Friday we were told by the front desk attendant, a middle aged Hispanic woman with acne scars on her cheeks and no name tag that they could not find our reservation. It wasn't until after several minuets searching on her computer that we pulled out our printed confirmation letter and she instantly found our reservation. Even though it was prime time and there was a line they were short handed at the counter. We got our room key but before we could get a parking pass, we were told all cars with out passes would be towed at owners expense, we had to go to a separate welcome desk, hear spiels for free breakfast and Disney tickets if we'd sign up for a condo sales pitch before we could get a parking pass.
Our room was in a separate building behind the main hotel. We noticed several rooms on the first floor and the room next to ours on the third floor had large orange signs from the Fort Lauderdale Fire Department declaring this room unfit for human habitation, we have included a photo of this sign. The door in room 353 was warped and would not close without a forceful push, several time we found the door was still ajar and unlocked when we thought it was closed. On first arriving we noticed there were no hand towels or wash cloths only 2 bath towels. The microwave was very dirty and the coffee pot still had coffee in the pot and grounds in the basket from the last guest.
I went to the front desk at 8 pm Friday evening about the towels and condition of the room and stood behind another gentleman who was demanding another room because his was so dirty. Asking to speak to the manager I was told by the same Hispanic front desk person that he was not there. She would not give me her name but she promised they would send some towels to the room. She said they did not provide coffee service so they would not clean the coffee maker in the room. The towels never arrived that night.
Saturday morning we awoke to find cockroach’s, not palmetto bugs but German brown cockroach’s running around the bathroom. I went to the front desk at 9 am and spoke to a different front desk person, a middle aged white woman with glasses. She also would not give her name, did not have a name tag and said the manager was not there. We told they would spray for the roach’s and guest could leave at any time but they would be charged for the full weekend and shown an All Payment In Advance - No Refunds sign. They were spraying the lobby for roach’s while it was full of people waiting to talk to the front desk. Complaining that we never received hand towels that had been promised the night before by the other front desk person she replied there was no other front desk person here last night, she was the only one and she'd never seen me before and it was the first time she'd heard about the towels. I was then told the laundry machine was broken and they had a maid taking the towels to the laundromat as needed, I'd have to wait.
Returning to our room Saturday night we noticed the bed had been made, but the 2 bath towels we'd used that morning and hung over the shower curtain were still there and 1 hand towel and 1 wash cloth were left sitting on the sink, but no clean bath towels. We had gotten a bottle of Tequila on Friday night and left it in the fridge. We found a considerable amount was gone and the paper outer seal was stuffed inside the stopper which was not how we had left it.
Sunday morning at 10:20 am I went to the front desk to check out and spoke to the same middle aged white woman with glasses I'd spoken to on Saturday morning. I told her everything listed here. She said the manager was Andrew Sampett and he was not there but if I wanted to wait he would be in some time later that day.
They say location means everything and being right on the ocean was nice once we left the hotel. As writer's for a music magazine we travel a lot but our stay at the Lauderdale Beachside Hotel - By The Sea booked through BookIt .com was the worst hotel experience we have ever had.
Roger & Margaret White

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank Roger W

Hello,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I am very sorry about the issues you have encountered and I know for sure that you could have been accommodated a lot better. I am sorry that I was unable to speak with you but if you would like to call the hotel I would definitely like to hear from you.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Our room was infested with ants, leaking broken, refrigerators, mold everywhere, yellow water from the faucets, rust and mold all around the bathroom and main room walls, floors, faucets, EVERYTHING! There was no handle on our balcony door. The lamp was glued to a table/desk that was no where near an outlet. The TV was analog, and didn't even work. The "outlets" turned out to be just holes in the wall with outlet coverings. Half of the doors where covered in GREEN CAUTION SIGNS. When we checked out three days early bc of health code and safety violations, they acted like not charging us was their apology, even though we were somehow never "checked-in" but afforded our room keys during out check-in.

I'm not sure how this place is legally open.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank klevin303
Andrew S, General Manager at Florida Beach Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Hello,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I want to apologize for the issues you have encountered. I would like to invite you back because I am confident that we are able to treat you to a better stay.

Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Paid $120 for a $20 at best! My pictures will tell the story dump run down under staffed terrible! My husband is trying to see about another room scarey! Sliding glass door has no handle you can put your hand through it!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank happyluna
Andrew S, General Manager at Florida Beach Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Hello,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. I apologize for the issues you have encountered. Hopefully you return on another trip so that we may treat you to a better stay.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

...AND I'll tell you why: We stayed only one night after our cruise, before flying home and, although it was a bit of a washed up hotel, (looks like it used to be really nice) the beds were clean, and the view was AMAZING! We originally got the room off Priceline for $30, yes $30, but once we got there, we decided to splurge and pay $10 more for an ocean view. I highly recommend doing this. The room and balcony overlooks a beautiful beach that is right out the back door of the hotel. I am willing to rough it just a bit to stay right on the beach for $40 per night. It's better than camping, right?. There is a shopping center across the street and lots of eats nearby. We stayed either on the sand or the balcony the whole time and just LOVED it! I am actually planning on staying here again this Fall.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank babybizliz
Andrew S, Manager at Florida Beach Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Hello,

Thank you for writing a response on Trip Advisor. I definitely believe you when you stated you liked staying here. We are sold out every weekend and also pretty occupied throughout the week and have the vast majority of our guests leaving after having a wonderful time with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Have A Nice Day

Reviewed February 10, 2014

1 hour check-in time. During the hour wait, guests were coming back to the desk to complain about their rooms. That should have been the clue to leave. Upon finally arriving at the room, the only good points were the size of the room and a functional air conditioner. The beds had no bedspreads and the queen size bed frames were too wide for the standard sized mattresses which created a bruised shin hazard. The sliding glass door leading to the 10 inch balcony (NOT a typo) was covered in children's hand prints. The room had a TV, but was useless without a proper signal. There was only one channel that was audible and barely visible. The roaches provided basic in-room entertainment at no extra cost. Only one functional ice machine for the entire 5 story building. No wi-fi connectivity. No complimentary breakfast as advertised. Broken security lock on the inside of the door. Proximity to the beach was a redeeming factor as well as the shopping center across the street. In summation, the facility has lots of potential, but in dire need of renovation and attention to the customer service.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Craig W

Hello,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. While I am happy that you found that our location is great, I want to apologize for your experience in our rooms. We strive to have all of our guests have a wonderful stay with us and I am certain that if you were to come again you we would be able to treat you to a better time. Hopefully you will give us that chance.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Lauderdale
#13 of 29 in Lauderdale by the Sea
Blue Seas Courtyard
Blue Seas Courtyard
#5 of 29 in Lauderdale by the Sea

Been to Florida Beach Hotels? Share your experiences!