“You get what you pay for” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Florida Beach Hotels

Florida Beach Hotels
Ranked #101 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Bristol, United Kingdom
“You get what you pay for”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stayed here as a couple last week. On the web the photos looked good and the recent reviews seemed encouraging but our opinion of this hotel is very mixed. Pros: the beachside location was excellent, the room was spacious and seemed clean, the beds were comfortable, the staff were good ( my husband inadvertently booked for the night before we needed the room but they happily cancelled the booking and rebooked the correct night). The air-con was fairly quiet and the hotel in general was quiet at night. Plenty of free parking. Cons: the room decor and furniture was very, very tired. The door had come off the TV housing and had been left propped up next to the TV. When I tried to open the wardrobe door it nearly fell on top of me. The sliding exterior window had jammed open an inch and we could neither close it further or open it - it looked as though this had been the case for some time. The linen on the bed was poor quality and seemed unironed, the outdated floral bedcovers were torn; the carpet was grubby. But our main concern was that my husband got bitten severely on both ankles (huge red angry weals came up the following day) and he maintained that his feet were covered. I did not get bitten. There was no bar or restaurant. We walked on the beach and spotted what we thought was a beach bar next to the pool and went to get a cold drink or ice cream but alas this was closed and run down which added a desolate air to the pool area. The pool area was open to the beach so anyone could walk in and swim and we got the impression that the busy pool was populated by local kids at the time we were there. The hotel provided a continental style breakfast which was served in a large dismal eating area with dark booths and low lighting. The food offering was not great so we just grabbed a coffee and left as the place was so depressing.
This is a true account of our night's stay. If you are at all fussy then this hotel is not for you but it is inexpensive and it probably was a wonderful hotel twenty or thirty years ago - we hope someone gives it a make over and restores it to a good standard one day. If you give it a go, there are some good seafront restaurants and bars a 15-minute walk away (out of hotel and turn left) where we spent an enjoyable evening.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Carole E
Andrew S, Manager at Florida Beach Hotels, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. I see that you are on the fence with our establishment and want to start with saying that we are happy about everything you have enjoyed at our hotel. In regards to the cons you have found, we are working to making our property better and hope one day in the future you may return to have a more enjoyable stay. We look forward to seeing you.

Have A Wonderful Day

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

The only thing this hotel has going for it is that it's off to beach. I walked in my first impression was Wow no I didn't pick this place to stay. I looked around it was very disappointing. I was afraid to get in the elevator. Went up to the room more disappointment.

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank sharp2005729
Hello,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay and hope that you have told our staff of your issues so we may improve upon them.

Travelers are raving about these Fort Lauderdale hotels

San Antonio, Texas, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. The outside looks nice and its right on the beach, so the the price was great considering the amazing location. The actual room was clean, but needed some attention. There were cracks in the walls, weird stains on the mattresses, the tv didn't really work (which didn't bother me, but the kids), they only gave us 3 towels and our room didn't get cleaned. Having said all that, it wasn't a bad experience, for me anyway and the location + price was unbeatable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Brian N
Andrew S, Manager at Florida Beach Hotels, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that you had a nice time with us. Whenever you decide to come back and stay with us we have staff that are more than happy to get you anything you need in the future. Whether it be more towels or any maintenance issues. We strive to keep our guests happy.

phx
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

The amenities are fantastic for the price. The staff is wonderful. Yes, the rooms may need a little bit of TLC but they are clean and comfortable and the beach is gorgeous and steps away regardless of which building you stay in.
Now, here's the thing. There is no lock on the pool leading to the beach and everyone around there knows it. Also, I saw security only once over 5 nights. People come up from the beach and can't rinse because the water is off so you have all these random people(including an entire rugby team) washing their nasty off in the pool even though we told them all a shower was less than 100 feet away(which they knew and didn't care). I mean, even the girls were squatting on the steps and cleaning their pits!!
The first night my husband and I went out at 9 by the pool, after putting some happy and tired kids to bed, when we were accosted by a surly homeless woman. The prostitutes wait on the beach for men to sit at the bar chairs by the closed bar. I know this for a fact, unfortunately. Then, on the third night drugged up on meth-20 somethings took over. I don't think they were staying there but they were availing themselves of the poolside tables and closed open air bar area.
The other homeless people were nice enough and tried to hide their unfortunate situations until one asked if they could sleep on my patio.
It was just so odd. I don't really judge people and am fine hanging out with an array of people and still had quite a good experience taking in what I like to think of as a bit of free "street theater' but I thought people would want to know.

Room Tip: If you don't want to use the atmosphere by the beach in the evening then it's fine. This is...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank cense2
Andrew S, Manager at Florida Beach Hotels, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. While I am happy to hear you had a nice stay, I am in fact concerned about the "odd findings" you have encountered by our pool area. We have night time security 3 nights a week and the other 4 nights are patrolled by our night auditor during his rounds. We will not allow this to take place on our property and I want to personally thank you for bringing this to my attention. We hope to see you again in the future.

Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

Stayed there in may 2013 with the family. Checked almost all hotels around, surly best deal. Breakfast could be better, but for this match money, at least you have one. I would recommend to anyone who cares about savings to check it.

Room Tip: Rooms with ocean vieu
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Yury G
Andrew S, Manager at Florida Beach Hotels, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Stuart, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

Great stay and accomodating staff. Felicia at the front desk was great. For the price and to be steps away from the beach we were pleased with the room and location. Pool directly on the beach. I have stayed here before and will plan to stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank kd2013_13
Andrew S, Manager at Florida Beach Hotels, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments on Trip Advisor. Felicia is especially thankful for the kind words you have had for her. We wish you the best.

Have A Nice Day

Saint John, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Okay, it is not a 5 star hotel and if you go there thinking that, then it is on you. I have stayed at far worse places that cost a lot more and promised a lot more. It is a great value and a good location. Sure, it is older and may need a few things, but the price you can not beat, the rooms and spacious, and I have stayed there 3 times in the past 3 years taking groups over to the Bahamas. I have never had a problem with my room or it being cleaned.

The biggest wear and tear appears to be in the bathrooms but with so many people coming through it will show such signs. But, it has always been clean. No type of foreign critters have ever been in my room. Of course, I am not staying on the beach side at all so I can not comment on it. It is only a short walk to the beach anyway.

The staff have always been friendly to me and Andrew Sampat was incredible this last trip. He made sure everything ran smoothly for our group. I am planning to stay there again next year on our way down. We have only stayed there overnight on our way over to the Bahamas and back so I can not comment on a long term stay at all. Everytime I have stayed, it has been very quiet on the part away from the beach. The continental breakfast was great. It had everything you could want with juice, milk, fruit, cereal, toast, bagals, and if not, there are lots of other places to eat.

I hope this helps out in some ways. I swear some people just like to complain about everything.

Room Tip: If your room is not up to your standard, tell the manager and he will move you. They are great there...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Don T
Andrew S, Manager at Florida Beach Hotels, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for your comments about us and our hotel. We are glad to here that you have enjoyed your time with us and definitely look forward to seeing you when you decide to bring your group again. Thank you for all the kind things you have said.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Lauderdale
#26 of 28 in Lauderdale by the Sea
Great Escape Inn
Great Escape Inn
#15 of 28 in Lauderdale by the Sea

Been to Florida Beach Hotels? Share your experiences!