“Only good thing is the location!”

Florida Beach Hotels
Ranked #99 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I reserved a room through Hotwire for a weekend getaway and regretted it the moment i stepped in. As soon as I walked in the lobby I was overtaken by a disgusting smell. It took me about 20 minutes to check in as there was only one person at the counter. The lobby looked extremely dingy and in need of a makeover. My room was equally as disgusting. The comforter was stained and they only provided two towels. Both towels were stained and one even had blood on it! The microwave did not work, and the lid was missing from the top of the toilet seat. The tv only got about 4 channels. The only good thing about this hotel is the location. The beach is beautiful and secluded and you are within walking distance of great restaurants. The tiki bar was not open as advertised.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew S, Manager at Florida Beach Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. While it is nice to hear that you believe our location is excellent because of our beach and how close we are to restaurants, I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy our facility. I wish we would have been able to switch you to another room that would have been more accomodating during your stay with us. I apologize for your experience and hope that you will come back another time for a better stay.

Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

We got rerouted to Ft. Lauderdale unexpectedly and had to quickly book a room. We chose the cheapest! We didn't get in until 2am and the night auditor Reynoldo was very pleasant, understanding and helpful!! The rooms are very clean and the place could use a sprucing up but there were people fixing things and working everywhere! The free breakfast was not the biggest but it got us fed and off to a good start!! The beach is stunning!! What a great place!! We are extremely happy after the horrible time we had getting here this place was perfect for a budget!!!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank amazingracediva
Andrew S, Manager at Florida Beach Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for your lovely comments on Trip Advisor. We are very thankful to hear you were able to stay with us on such short notice and enjoy your stay. Maybe the next time you come down it will be for a planned vacation. We look forward to seeing you!!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

i reserved a ocean view room, when i arrived at 3p.m. i was told there was none available, no apology, at about 4:10 they said they have a room ready in the main building which is not a ocean view and actually across the street. After entering room the carper was so dirty in stains if you walked in socks or barefoot it would turn your feet black in just minutes. Hot water seriously took 10 + minutes to become somewhat warm. Back sliding glass door missing handle on outside so couldnt enter from patio unless leaving door open. Room key didnt work at first had to get re programmed, then again every day after that, Had personal pillows that were brought (4) Upon the cleaning the next day they took off 1 of my pillow cases and replaced it with one of theres, which happened to be a silk pillow case that went to a nice bedding set, explained to front desk what happened and received no empathy, i told them the pillow was not even the same color as there pillow cases so i dont understand how they can mix it up on top of that when pillow case was removed my pillow was not standard white like room pillows it was blue, was told to return to desk in morning when maids are in, i did and they said they would talk to them, next day no go, said they cant find it. Still no apology I spoke with 3 seperate people on this matter including a supposed GM, which basically stated i cant be pleased, even though he offered no sincere apology or resolution to anything. There was mold in bathroom, rust in tub, cracks all along ceiling, broken door shock, missing outlet plates. Everyday room was half way cleaned and replaced with 1-2 towels and 1 washcloth, had to go to front desk everyday to get more towels. Outside door was left propped open my staff from the problems with room keys not working so no security of outside entering hotel. we planned to stay till the 12th but below par service and rude staff made a early vacation departure. I have taken many photos of room flaws, safety issues ect. of room and hotel,. No remorse or apology or any kind of reconciliation was ever attempted, There was plenty of other people there dissatisfied for many reasons and other who checked out early for so many problems. Hope you can find a way to make this a hotel for people to enjoy a vacation rather than a horrible experience and maybe this hotel can turn around the already horrible reviews it has, and now I see why, this was a bad experience on a family vacation that was suppose to be fun and exciting, if it wasnt for the long drive to Fl and no other available hotels at the time I would have never stayed there with such bad service.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ron2003
Andrew S, Manager at Florida Beach Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for your comments but there are a couple of items that need to be addressed. I remember this because of the silk pillow cases that were brought up. When a woman was checking into this room we did apologize and said we had a room that was opening across the street that you would be able to walk out straight to the pool area. While this room is considered the same price as the room you had booked, we still gave a deep discount for the inconvenience. We apologized on the spot.

While you state that you had numerous issues and that made you leave early, we should be clear that you stayed 5 out of 6 days and left 1 day early. If for some reason you did not like your room, we have many other rooms we could have moved you to for your satisfaction.

Again, I apologize for your stay not being satisfactory and maybe sometime in the future you will come back and have a better one.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Wow...I wish I had gotten my room for $40...I should receive a huge rebate.

First, the right adjective...
Seedy, worn, improperly maintained, threadbare, dated?

The hotel lobby is shabby and in disrepair.
You're first view is the decayed wall at the entry...don't look behind the front desk when you pass, you'll check out.
The old bar and lounge are the breakfast venue...it's truly the old style continental, don't plan on more...you eat in the old, outdated barroom...

The room.
Our door wouldn't shut and secure without a slam and by holding until the latch clicked.
All edges are dirty, rusty, grimy...etc.
Old TV technology, no electrical plugs available for use for anything you bring; the in room clock radio isn't plugged in due to that fact.
Furniture is dated and in disrepair - the TV cabinet has a refrigerator cabinet that's locked with an abandoned fridge within...
The desk is positioned away from all outlets if you choose to unplug room amenities.
The closet door isn't on a track, the curtains are broken from the hangers, the shower curtain bar is coming free from the wall, no toilet paper holder - broken long ago; severely cigarette burns on bed end table.
Bed is comfortable for sleeping; just know the linen cleanliness will be a concern.
Housekeeping. 3%. Trash is pulled, 2 towels placed, probably some toilet paper needed. Don't expect or ask for anything else. Might not be an issue if the room was terminally cleaned between guest. Don't look behind the head of your bed or under, behind the TV console cabinet or along any edges...

Peace and quiet? Nope. The place is marketed to groups who are in large mass, wanting bed and a pool and uncontrolled partying...

All commons areas - unsecure and grungy...

On the ocean and access to area is only values...again, heavily cheated on rate from what I have reviewed...

Room Tip: Haven't a clue...eyed various rooms as I passes; saw same quality as my highly priced, king size...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JeffRic
Andrew S, Manager at Florida Beach Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for your comments. I apologize for your time here and I am sure that if you were to stay with us again it will not be the same. Please come again in the future.

Assistan Manager

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I go to fla once a month and can afford to stay anywhere I want. I choose this hotel because of the friendly staff who bendover backwards to make your stay a great experience. Miss Felicia at the frontdesk goes behond her duty to ensure your stay is confortable. I recommend this hotel to everyone I know. All my company staff use it on business trips and or family vacations. For the price and service you can't beat it. The only downside I can say is it does not have a full service restaurant and bar. MISS FELICIA thank you for the enjoyable stay this past month looking fordward in seeing you this month.

• Stayed: March 2013
Andrew S, Manager at Florida Beach Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. We are thrilled to hear your opinion of your stays at our hotel and appreciate the fact that you notice the effort that is put into keeping our guests satisfied. We hope that we will see you again in the future.

Have A Wonderful Day,

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I tend to believe that people would rather complain than compliment and knowing that this was not a 5 star resort, I took the complaints that I read with a grain of salt...Lesson Learned! The day that we arrived we checked in and then left before going to our room to spend the evening with family. We arrived back at the hotel around 10PM and had to hunt for a place to park. Our first challenge was trying to exit the elevator with all of our luggage as the sensor on the doors was broken and closed before we were all out with our luggage. The doors could not be held by placing something at the door but instead required holding the door open button inside of the elevator, very dangerous. Upon arriving in our room, we discovered that there were no towels...NONE. So, we called the front desk and were told that he would have them there shortly. 30 minutes later, we called back and he didn't remember that he had spoken to us previously but assured us that he would have towels to us "shortly". 20 Minutes later he called back to see if we needed towels. Finally we gave up and went to bed (after we had remade them since they were made with the comforter on the bottom and the sheet on top), at 11:30 PM he arrived at our door with towels. 15 minutes later we received a second knock on our door and 4 firefighters were there and said that they had received an alarm from our room??? But we didn't hear anything. The next morning my husband complained at the desk and was told that the night clerk had actually broken the rules and would be in trouble as he should have told us to come get our own towels since he's not supposed to leave the desk...hmmmmm. He also asked about the coffee pot that the website stated was in each room and was told that it had to be requested but they would get one for us.
We spent most of that day out and about and came back to the room at approx 5PM only to discover that the room had not been serviced and guess what...no new/clean towels. Upon calling the front desk we were told that the maids had left for the day but that someone would bring us towels and a coffee pot. 20 minutes later the towels arrived. When asked about the coffee pot, he said he was looking for one (that we never did see).
Day 3 we returned to our room and the beds had been made and the dirty towels removed but the trash was still in the trash cans and guess what...NO NEW TOWELS! This time we went and got them ourselves. Additionally the towels that we were given each time were stained and so thin you could literally hold them up and see through them. After this we had decided that we had already paid for 3 nights of our 6 but that we would be checking out the next day and canceling the last 3. At 4:30 in the morning of our final night, the fire alarm DID go off. Never found out why but 30 minutes later we were allowed to go back to our room.
The next morning we checked out. We found a FABULOUS place just a few blocks north which was also on the beach, cost the same, but amazingly not once did we have to ask for towels, a coffee pot, or to have our room serviced.
I've left off discussing the overall dirty, smelle, and rundown aspects of the room and hotel as those have been previously covered and have not been at all exagerated.
We've recently had family move to this area and will be visiting a couple of times a year at least. We now know where we will NOT be staying and thankfully have found a fabulous place where we WILL be staying...up the road from the Lauderdale Beachside Hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Cheryl B
Andrew S, Manager at Florida Beach Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for your response on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your review and we will work to resolve everything you have brought to our attention. We look forward to seeing you again to accomodate you with a better stay.

Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

This is our second trip to this hotel
We will never take a third!!!!!
We stayed here for Four nights before our cruise
They advertise the rooms to be fully renovated this is a lie
The bar was not open
There was new carpeting in the room The bathtub was disgusting we would barely take a shower
Fixtures were rotten and rusted just completely nasty One day we had to wait five hours for toilet paper
The only reason they ended up bringing it to us because we threatened to use the pillowcases
Both ice machines were broken
The hallways in the staircases had used dirty clothing laying up and down the stairs in urine all over the floor for all four days we were there
They were lawnchair's hot dogs in beer bottles in the swimming pool
The sheets on the bed were threadbare
Forget trying to get towels to take a shower they were few and far between
No hand towels for all four days one facecloth
As we were checking in we ask the clerk if the rooms were renovated in she said absolutely yes they were
Another lie!!!!!!!
The location on the beach is lovely but you cannot overlook the deplorable conditions of the room
We booked one year in advance and with taxes and resort fees what ever that was supposed to cover was almost $120 a night!
Shame shame shame shame!
We spoke to other people there whose room had a broken bed broken lawn chairs on the deck and just as disgusting
Nothing was done about that either and they paid over $140 a night!
The only bright note was can he is setting up the tiki bar a lovely guy but I do not think that he will be able to do anything to help bring back that pathetic hotel. (Ken)
We will not be FOOLED again!
I am always skeptical about reviews that people right because some people expect big things but this hotel is not worth $50 a night it is a nightmare!

If you have a reservation cancel now and run like hell!
Kathy Green Fredericton New Brunswick Canada

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank nigeldog1

Thank you for writing a review on Trip Advisor. I apologize for your stay and I know that you can have a better one if you were to come back for a third trip. I know that the majority of people that stay at our hotel have a good time. I hope that you do come back one day so we can treat you to a better experience.