“Worst hotel info completly false and pics of rooms are staged”

Florida Beach Hotels
Ranked #100 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed April 14, 2013

i reserved a ocean view room, when i arrived at 3p.m. i was told there was none available, no apology, at about 4:10 they said they have a room ready in the main building which is not a ocean view and actually across the street. After entering room the carper was so dirty in stains if you walked in socks or barefoot it would turn your feet black in just minutes. Hot water seriously took 10 + minutes to become somewhat warm. Back sliding glass door missing handle on outside so couldnt enter from patio unless leaving door open. Room key didnt work at first had to get re programmed, then again every day after that, Had personal pillows that were brought (4) Upon the cleaning the next day they took off 1 of my pillow cases and replaced it with one of theres, which happened to be a silk pillow case that went to a nice bedding set, explained to front desk what happened and received no empathy, i told them the pillow was not even the same color as there pillow cases so i dont understand how they can mix it up on top of that when pillow case was removed my pillow was not standard white like room pillows it was blue, was told to return to desk in morning when maids are in, i did and they said they would talk to them, next day no go, said they cant find it. Still no apology I spoke with 3 seperate people on this matter including a supposed GM, which basically stated i cant be pleased, even though he offered no sincere apology or resolution to anything. There was mold in bathroom, rust in tub, cracks all along ceiling, broken door shock, missing outlet plates. Everyday room was half way cleaned and replaced with 1-2 towels and 1 washcloth, had to go to front desk everyday to get more towels. Outside door was left propped open my staff from the problems with room keys not working so no security of outside entering hotel. we planned to stay till the 12th but below par service and rude staff made a early vacation departure. I have taken many photos of room flaws, safety issues ect. of room and hotel,. No remorse or apology or any kind of reconciliation was ever attempted, There was plenty of other people there dissatisfied for many reasons and other who checked out early for so many problems. Hope you can find a way to make this a hotel for people to enjoy a vacation rather than a horrible experience and maybe this hotel can turn around the already horrible reviews it has, and now I see why, this was a bad experience on a family vacation that was suppose to be fun and exciting, if it wasnt for the long drive to Fl and no other available hotels at the time I would have never stayed there with such bad service.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ron2003
Andrew S, Manager at Florida Beach Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for your comments but there are a couple of items that need to be addressed. I remember this because of the silk pillow cases that were brought up. When a woman was checking into this room we did apologize and said we had a room that was opening across the street that you would be able to walk out straight to the pool area. While this room is considered the same price as the room you had booked, we still gave a deep discount for the inconvenience. We apologized on the spot.

While you state that you had numerous issues and that made you leave early, we should be clear that you stayed 5 out of 6 days and left 1 day early. If for some reason you did not like your room, we have many other rooms we could have moved you to for your satisfaction.

Again, I apologize for your stay not being satisfactory and maybe sometime in the future you will come back and have a better one.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Wow...I wish I had gotten my room for $40...I should receive a huge rebate.

First, the right adjective...
Seedy, worn, improperly maintained, threadbare, dated?

The hotel lobby is shabby and in disrepair.
You're first view is the decayed wall at the entry...don't look behind the front desk when you pass, you'll check out.
The old bar and lounge are the breakfast venue...it's truly the old style continental, don't plan on more...you eat in the old, outdated barroom...

The room.
Our door wouldn't shut and secure without a slam and by holding until the latch clicked.
All edges are dirty, rusty, grimy...etc.
Old TV technology, no electrical plugs available for use for anything you bring; the in room clock radio isn't plugged in due to that fact.
Furniture is dated and in disrepair - the TV cabinet has a refrigerator cabinet that's locked with an abandoned fridge within...
The desk is positioned away from all outlets if you choose to unplug room amenities.
The closet door isn't on a track, the curtains are broken from the hangers, the shower curtain bar is coming free from the wall, no toilet paper holder - broken long ago; severely cigarette burns on bed end table.
Bed is comfortable for sleeping; just know the linen cleanliness will be a concern.
Housekeeping. 3%. Trash is pulled, 2 towels placed, probably some toilet paper needed. Don't expect or ask for anything else. Might not be an issue if the room was terminally cleaned between guest. Don't look behind the head of your bed or under, behind the TV console cabinet or along any edges...

Peace and quiet? Nope. The place is marketed to groups who are in large mass, wanting bed and a pool and uncontrolled partying...

All commons areas - unsecure and grungy...

On the ocean and access to area is only values...again, heavily cheated on rate from what I have reviewed...

Room Tip: Haven't a clue...eyed various rooms as I passes; saw same quality as my highly priced, king size...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JeffRic
Andrew S, Manager at Florida Beach Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for your comments. I apologize for your time here and I am sure that if you were to stay with us again it will not be the same. Please come again in the future.

Assistan Manager

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I go to fla once a month and can afford to stay anywhere I want. I choose this hotel because of the friendly staff who bendover backwards to make your stay a great experience. Miss Felicia at the frontdesk goes behond her duty to ensure your stay is confortable. I recommend this hotel to everyone I know. All my company staff use it on business trips and or family vacations. For the price and service you can't beat it. The only downside I can say is it does not have a full service restaurant and bar. MISS FELICIA thank you for the enjoyable stay this past month looking fordward in seeing you this month.

• Stayed: March 2013
Andrew S, Manager at Florida Beach Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. We are thrilled to hear your opinion of your stays at our hotel and appreciate the fact that you notice the effort that is put into keeping our guests satisfied. We hope that we will see you again in the future.

Have A Wonderful Day,

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I tend to believe that people would rather complain than compliment and knowing that this was not a 5 star resort, I took the complaints that I read with a grain of salt...Lesson Learned! The day that we arrived we checked in and then left before going to our room to spend the evening with family. We arrived back at the hotel around 10PM and had to hunt for a place to park. Our first challenge was trying to exit the elevator with all of our luggage as the sensor on the doors was broken and closed before we were all out with our luggage. The doors could not be held by placing something at the door but instead required holding the door open button inside of the elevator, very dangerous. Upon arriving in our room, we discovered that there were no towels...NONE. So, we called the front desk and were told that he would have them there shortly. 30 minutes later, we called back and he didn't remember that he had spoken to us previously but assured us that he would have towels to us "shortly". 20 Minutes later he called back to see if we needed towels. Finally we gave up and went to bed (after we had remade them since they were made with the comforter on the bottom and the sheet on top), at 11:30 PM he arrived at our door with towels. 15 minutes later we received a second knock on our door and 4 firefighters were there and said that they had received an alarm from our room??? But we didn't hear anything. The next morning my husband complained at the desk and was told that the night clerk had actually broken the rules and would be in trouble as he should have told us to come get our own towels since he's not supposed to leave the desk...hmmmmm. He also asked about the coffee pot that the website stated was in each room and was told that it had to be requested but they would get one for us.
We spent most of that day out and about and came back to the room at approx 5PM only to discover that the room had not been serviced and guess what...no new/clean towels. Upon calling the front desk we were told that the maids had left for the day but that someone would bring us towels and a coffee pot. 20 minutes later the towels arrived. When asked about the coffee pot, he said he was looking for one (that we never did see).
Day 3 we returned to our room and the beds had been made and the dirty towels removed but the trash was still in the trash cans and guess what...NO NEW TOWELS! This time we went and got them ourselves. Additionally the towels that we were given each time were stained and so thin you could literally hold them up and see through them. After this we had decided that we had already paid for 3 nights of our 6 but that we would be checking out the next day and canceling the last 3. At 4:30 in the morning of our final night, the fire alarm DID go off. Never found out why but 30 minutes later we were allowed to go back to our room.
The next morning we checked out. We found a FABULOUS place just a few blocks north which was also on the beach, cost the same, but amazingly not once did we have to ask for towels, a coffee pot, or to have our room serviced.
I've left off discussing the overall dirty, smelle, and rundown aspects of the room and hotel as those have been previously covered and have not been at all exagerated.
We've recently had family move to this area and will be visiting a couple of times a year at least. We now know where we will NOT be staying and thankfully have found a fabulous place where we WILL be staying...up the road from the Lauderdale Beachside Hotel.

2  Thank Cheryl B
Andrew S, Manager at Florida Beach Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for your response on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your review and we will work to resolve everything you have brought to our attention. We look forward to seeing you again to accomodate you with a better stay.

Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

This is our second trip to this hotel
We will never take a third!!!!!
We stayed here for Four nights before our cruise
They advertise the rooms to be fully renovated this is a lie
The bar was not open
There was new carpeting in the room The bathtub was disgusting we would barely take a shower
Fixtures were rotten and rusted just completely nasty One day we had to wait five hours for toilet paper
The only reason they ended up bringing it to us because we threatened to use the pillowcases
Both ice machines were broken
The hallways in the staircases had used dirty clothing laying up and down the stairs in urine all over the floor for all four days we were there
They were lawnchair's hot dogs in beer bottles in the swimming pool
The sheets on the bed were threadbare
Forget trying to get towels to take a shower they were few and far between
No hand towels for all four days one facecloth
As we were checking in we ask the clerk if the rooms were renovated in she said absolutely yes they were
Another lie!!!!!!!
The location on the beach is lovely but you cannot overlook the deplorable conditions of the room
We booked one year in advance and with taxes and resort fees what ever that was supposed to cover was almost $120 a night!
Shame shame shame shame!
We spoke to other people there whose room had a broken bed broken lawn chairs on the deck and just as disgusting
Nothing was done about that either and they paid over $140 a night!
The only bright note was can he is setting up the tiki bar a lovely guy but I do not think that he will be able to do anything to help bring back that pathetic hotel. (Ken)
We will not be FOOLED again!
I am always skeptical about reviews that people right because some people expect big things but this hotel is not worth $50 a night it is a nightmare!

If you have a reservation cancel now and run like hell!
Kathy Green Fredericton New Brunswick Canada

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank nigeldog1

Thank you for writing a review on Trip Advisor. I apologize for your stay and I know that you can have a better one if you were to come back for a third trip. I know that the majority of people that stay at our hotel have a good time. I hope that you do come back one day so we can treat you to a better experience.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

First of all my family and I are from Illinois and the same week we are to be driving out to Florida for our vacation. We get a big snow storm and when I called Hotwire to see if I can cancel, the customer service rep. informed me that, they had spoke with someone at the hotel. They had said that if I was to cancel that will be fine, but I will not be getting any of the $450.00 I had already paid for my room for one week. So my family and I had no chose but to drive from Illinois to Florida. First it took us 31 hours to get to Florida, with running into traffic on the highway and weather issues. We end up checking in at 9pm on Saturday the 23rd. After such a long drive, all we wanted was to check into a very nice, clean and tropical like hotel and get some rest. But that is not what we got. I walk into the lobby at 9pm, first the girl that was at the desk, was completely unprofessional. She did not greet me with a welcome. Her uniform was dirty and sloppy looking. Then in the middle of checking us in, she takes a call on her cell phone. She was so loud and so street like on the phone. So then we are checked in and we try to find parking and the parking lots around the hotel where so dark and unwelcome and dirty. We finely make it back into the hotel lobby to go up to our room (room 201). We get up to our room and first had a very hard time opening the door, then when we did get the door opened. We were hit by a dirty, mossy smell. The furniture in the room was run down, bathroom was not that clean, and shower curtain had stains. The beds where so broken and messed up. When you sat on one end of the bed the other end came flying up. The sheets and covers where so used and burn holes on them. The TV was small and channels did not work well. The balcony was dirty and rusted and wore down. Was so tried we just went right to sleep, but the next morning was up and down stairs to ask for another room. The girl that morning was nice, but letter heard her lie to someone on the phone from housekeeping, when I ask for another room. She said it will be a little while until we get another room. Until then we had no choose but to wait in the other room. Well when trying to get something to drink or even ice from the machine on the floor we were on. First the machine would not take my dollars, then when I had put change in the whole pop machine was empty, then I try to get some ice, guess what does not work. Finely we get another room and its is a little better, but not much. Only thing better is the bathroom was a little cleaner, beds did not fly up when you sat on them, TV a little better and no bad smell in the room. So we put our things in the room and headed out to check out the view. Now it was morning and sunny and you can see things better. But the view around the hotel was not any better in the day light. In the day light you can see clearing how run down the hotel is. The elevator was even run down and made a lot of noise. Still trash around and restaurant next door was closed down, which made the area look even worst. The hotel concierge did let us know about some actives and said we will be getting a welcome package which we never got.
This hotel I will never ever again stay at. It needs a hell of a lot of work to be done to it. To make it look a lot better. Plus their employees need some train in matters and employee appeases. Employee should be professional and professional looking and friendly and to give guest the welcome and confront feeling. Not rude and unwelcoming to guest and uniforms dirty and sloppy and trash in the hotel and a lot of things not working and uninviting to the eye inside and outside of the hotel. When you have a hotel specially one in Florida and by the beach. You have to have the hotel very very well kept up and give that tropical feel and look inside and out. Have employees understand how they are to look and act around and to guest. Or pretty soon your hotel will no longer have any guest.
My family and I completely did not enjoy our stay at this hotel. But I was not going to let this run down completely rude staff hotel stay with my hard earned money. So we had no choose but to stay. My future vacations to Florida I will make sure the hotel or the website I book with offers a total refund for any reason you need to cancel. But never again will we stay at Lauderdale Beach side hotel or its sister hotels. Because if this one is this bad we can just image how bad the other ones are. I will contact the corp. office for this hotel and giving them my review.
for what me and my family had to deal with we should get some kind of refund.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
3  Thank Luciaruiz
Andrew S, Manager at Florida Beach Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. I apologize for your issues. They will be taken into account and we will resolve any findings.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Old hotel, smells bad, terrible sheets and towels... Close to the beach? Yes, but that's it! Be prepare for a terrible maintenance place. On my first day in my room, there were pillow cases missing, safe not working, coach you couldn't seat on, light missing, a room for 4 with 2 beds with only 3 pillows and 2 towels. Be careful and be prepare. They are same price hotels around in much better situation.

2  Thank Deda24
Andrew S, Manager at Florida Beach Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for your response. I apologize for the issues you have come across. We would like for you to come back and have a better experience.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Lauderdale
#12 of 29 in Lauderdale by the Sea
Blue Seas Courtyard
Blue Seas Courtyard
#5 of 29 in Lauderdale by the Sea

Been to Florida Beach Hotels? Share your experiences!