“Really bad hotel”

Florida Beach Hotels
Ranked #99 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

First of all I would like to say about this review is the first thing when I walked in the hotel I could see here all over the dryer washer broke the balcony will not open but the TV cases broken there are cigarette burns in my bed,cracks in the walls dirt on the walls and tiles that are cracked by the toilet. Currently at this moment the TV is out none of them seem to work my microwave is broke the room comes with no coffee pot I would say about 50% of my light bulbs are not working were broke. Plus I would say the staff is not very friendly at all towards anybody

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank usmnick27
Andrew S, Front Office Manager at Florida Beach Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Hello Sir,

I would like to thank you for your response on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to hear about all the issues you have encountered. We did have an issue with the TV being out one day and the problem was corrected. In fact, I was the one who went to program the channels after it was up and running. I was able to add in a few channels that we did not previously receive. In regards to the coffee pot, we do not keep the coffee pots in the rooms any longer. Whenever someone checks in, they can request one to be sent to their rooms and we will do that for them as soon as possible since we have them in storage. Again, I am sorry for the issues you have come across and I will work with each corresponding department to fix them all.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I was at the hotel with the previous writers football trip. The hotel is fine. Some minor tweaks are needed to get it in better shape but not a bad place at all. The hotel is right on the beach so right away that tells you something. The staff had all our rooms ready when we arrived and were very helpful. The rooms were comfortable. It would be nice if the Tiki bar was open but I was told it was opening soon. I was involved in a package deal with airfare, hotel, football tickets and tailgate all included. Considering the price I paid, I figure the hotel prices were reasonable. You were close to a major night life area and a strip mall was across the street. I'd go back to this hotel in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Hit the beach!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Andrew S, Front Office Manager at Florida Beach Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Thank you for your feedback in response to your stay with us. We are glad to hear that your stay with us was a good one and look forward to seeing you again in the future. We are in fact working on having the Tiki Bar back up and running, which will then create an even better experience for everyone staying at the hotel. Again, thank you for your comments and have a nice day.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I run a football trip every year for the Dolphins-Jets game. We used to stay in the old Holiday Inn in Lauderdale By the Sea which has since closed. This is the 2nd year we've stayed at this hotel. While there were some minor issues last year, I'm very happy to say most have been resolved. I think some of these prior reviewers were older people who are inclined to misery. There were no foul odors, the key card locks were fine and we had a steady supply of towels and toiletries. The location is awesome and my entire group was placed in the beach building. Not too may hotels in LBTS where you can walk out your door and be on the beach. The staff was on point and most accomodating. Definitely wish to thank General Manager Mr Shah and Front Desk Manager Andrew as well as desk clerks Elmira and Chontel for being so attentive and totally prepared for a group this size. Any requests were handled efficiently and quickly. Yes..the hotel is aged just like most beach properties in the area but you are never going to beat the prices and location. I definitely recommend it as do the other 73 people in my group. (BTW..we took 39 rooms one night). If you're a whiny person, it might not be for you. Try a Marriott. But a group of regular people of all sizes,ages and backgrounds from New York liked it just fine and will be back for next years game.

Room Tip: Get the Beach Building rooms.
1  Thank GUYMAC44
Andrew S, Front Office Manager at Florida Beach Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your stay with us. We value and appreciate all of the kind things you have to say about us. We look forward to seeing your group again as it was one of the best we have ever had and our entire staff enjoyed the group's stay. It is also a great sign to see that you have noticed that the hotel is working to resolve any previous issues. We will continue to eliminate any and all issues so that your future stay, as well as the future stay of any other guest, will be very accomodating and wonderful. Again, thank you for all of the kind things you have had to say about us and we all wish you the best.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

DO NOT STAY HERE, IF U DO YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED!!! DO NOT!
Good day, I just thought you might like to k now the conditions at this property. This past weekend has been a disaster for my sister and me. We experienced very dirty rooms after having been taking to six different rooms to find one that would be accommodating. The pictures on the website verses what we saw once we got there were totally different. One room had a busted broken air conditioning unit/bad toilet, one room had bed bugs that we actually saw crawling inside of the bed (tiny bugs), another room had a broken key code box that caused us to get locked out of the room and our hot food became cold since we had to wait on John to come let us back in. Then to top it all off, one of the rooms had filthy dirty sheet/comforter that had blood stains on it. We took the dirty comforter directly to the front desk ( to show attendant. It became very tasking from the time of check in which was around 5:45pm and until around 11pm that night after we finally had to pack up and leave after a huge black bug was in the shower curtain.

Room Tip: No fitness center and not restaurant. Folks save your money and do not allow their "discounted...
2  Thank K W
Andrew S, Front Office Manager at Florida Beach Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

In response to your comments, please note the following. The General manager, Housekeeping Manager and Engineer inspected all 4 rooms that you had seen upon your arrival to the hotel. There were no issues found in any of the rooms. Every room was in clean condition, all air conditioners worked perfectly fine, all toilets were functioning, all guest room door locks worked properly without malfunction, and there were absolutely no sign of any bugs that you mentioned in your comments. As a matter of fact, we have a regular pest control company that comes to service the hotel and there is very little issues with pests.

In fact, our General Manager actually spent the night in one of the rooms you had an issue with and there were no issues found at all. It is difficult to believe that you managed to change four rooms every 7 minutes and found all of these issues.

As a courtesy, the hotel accomodated you by cancelling your reservation and issued a full refund of your funds after being in the hotel for over 4 hours. We have many happy and satisfied customers that stay with us. We are sorry that this hotel is not to your standards and you may want to consider booking a 4 or 5 star hotel in the future.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a very long duration. The location is fantastic direct on the beach, close to the pier, drug store, liquor store, etc. The staff are excellent, very kind and eager to please especially Andrew at the front desk. Anything we needed was provided such as towels, etc. The continental breakfast included in the rate was good. I enjoyed the variey of cold cereals, fruit, yogurt, variety of bread, muffins, danishes. The coffee was very good. I would recommend this hotel as it is great vaue for your money especially the location is ideal.

Room Tip: I would recommend you book the hotel across the street where you have direct access to the pool and...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Andrew S, Front Office Manager at Florida Beach Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Thank you for the comments you have left in regards to your stay with us. We are very glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again. We are currently in the process of upgrading our hotel to become a major chain in the upcoming months. We appreciate all of your kind and thoughtful words for our staff and wish you the best.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

First, this hotel is old! The furniture,carpet and etc. The beaches at the back of the hotel has lot of cigarettes butt. Someone is smoking at night in their room and I really do not like that smells at all...Pets are also allow in the room.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Joe D
Andrew S, Front Office Manager at Florida Beach Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2012

Thank you for your comments from your recent stay with us. In regards to the two issues you mentioned, we have a no smoking policy. Every room in our hotel is a non-smoking room and there is a charge of $200 if someone is caught smoking in the room. Smoking outside is permitted and we strive to keep the area clean. There are also 4 pet rooms in our hotel. Pets are allowed in those 4 rooms after the pet fee is paid and not any other. We hope to see you again in the future as we are upgrading our hotel to a major franchise chain in the next several months.

Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

We just needed a quick place to stay before an early morning flight and thought this looked like a good choice. It is in a beautiful and convenient location to the beach, pier and restaurants but had the worst service I have ever seen. There were no towels in the room. We asked for some at the front desk and were told they would be brought to the room. We never heard from them again. I would definately not stay here again, especially if it were for more than one night.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank pclaxon
Andrew S, Front Office Manager at Florida Beach Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Thank you for your feedback during your recent stay with us. While we try to provide sufficient amenities for our guests, there are times when we do run short of certain items. In this case it was towels and this issue has been addressed by our management team so that future guests are not inconvenienced. I value your business and sincerely hope that you will give us a second chance and visit us again.

Andrew