I went to the concierge and ask for the cheapest most economical way to get to the Fort Lauderdale Port as we were taking a cruise. He said the shuttle service was the most economical ($35.) as the taxis would cost $10. to $15. more. We used the shuttle service he recommended. After our cruise we took a taxi back to the hotel to spend the night. the cost for the taxi was $12.50 cheaper ($22.50 total) than the shuttle the concierge recommended. The taxi driver said thats the price any taxi would charge. I thought the concierge was suppose to help the hotel guests, not rip them off!!!
In addition to the concierge rip off, we had requested a specific room when we booked two months earlier. The desk clerk said no problem. When we got to the hotel they had already rented out the room we wanted and we would have to take another room. also, they messed up our room keys which we had to have redone. Very bad service all around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the beach, Ocean Sky Hotel & Resort is perfectly situated minutes away from major attractions, restaurants and shopping. Rooms are equipped with mini-refrigerators, microwaves, hair-dryers, in room safes and coffee-makers. All standard rooms have a side-ocean view and open air balcony. Oceanfront view, 1 bedroom suites are also available. Our large pool deck features an oversized jacuzzi, heated pool, tiki bar and water sports. The resort also has an indoor/outdoor restaurant, fitness center, gift shop and mini golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Ocean Sky Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Sky Hotel And Resort
- Ocean Sky Resort
- Ocean Sky Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Ramada